• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds of Trump being guilty of something criminal, like collusion with Russia, and Conservatives still supporting him?

50%? 60%?

In my opinion, even if the man was taken away in handcuffs, his supporters would be furious, blaming liberals. There is no way half the nation would accept him being capable of doing anything wrong. And therein lies the problem: even if he was guilty, they wouldn't care.

Eusis

george-bush-miss-me-yet.jpg
Only via relativity.

Or in a "this is as bad as Republicans get" sort of way, when now he looks like a paragon in comparison.

Chococat

But the line of succession is Pence Ryan Hatch Tillerson etc..They'd love anyone of them more than him. They'd love Ryan or Hatch as President.

True. But they have to appease Trump and his base to hold power they have. Tossing him out right away would shift the base against them. That is how greedy they are for power- they are willing to work with Trump and put the whole country into jeopardy to bring about their conservative paradise. They are playing with fire and don't care. Long term strategy is not their (or any American's) strong suit.

Can someone explain to me why the Republicans seem so willing to blindly support Trump? I mean I've heard the argument of party over country.. but let's be honest Trump isn't a Republican. He's insulted half of them, flip flopped between parties before and has never held office anywhere. So if it's that they want to keep the Presidency...Don't they have to remove like a hundred Republicans to find and Democrat or Independent in the line of succession? Its there's until 2020 no matter what. In the end you'd think they'd be jumping at cutting out this cancer.

In the case of Republican voters, no one wants to be wrong so they double down.

What are the odds of Trump being guilty of something criminal, like collusion with Russia, and Conservatives still supporting him?

50%? 60%?

In my opinion, even if the man was taken away in handcuffs, his supporters would be furious, blaming liberals. There is no way half the nation would accept him being capable of doing anything wrong. And therein lies the problem: even if he was guilty, they wouldn't care.
99%

But that last 1% can take months.

Lifted this from Twitter:

Question asked by former Obama/Biden advisor. Question answered by former Deputy Director of the CIA

C_fVWE9XkAUoTe4.jpg:small

"Mr. President, now that the Russian delegation is gone, can we check your office for bugs they might have installed?"
"Sure, but don't mind that thing over there with the huge antennas, it's a replica of Sputnik and a personal gift from Putin, so no need to worry!"

So guys, yesterday I was told here the investigation wouldn't be shut down or drag on without finding anything.

What's the opinion today?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

50%? 60%?

Trump could rape these peoples children in front of them and they'd claim it was for the good of the country.

rmt92

I struggled to comprehend it at first too but it means the investigation is not going anywhere, as in it's not ending, it's not leaving.

I understood at first to mean it wasn't progressing. So to me it was saying, it's not progressing AND it's accelerating lol.

50%? 60%?

It's not 50 percent of the country. Between the eligble voters who actually voted, it was almost 50/50 in Clinton's favor.

So guys, yesterday I was told here the investigation wouldn't be shut down or drag on without finding anything.

Think about it this way:

1) Comey has friends who are loyal to him and not loyal to Trump
2) We already know the entire IC is not loyal to Trump because of the leaks
3) The IC is gonna have a shitload of friends all over the world that oppose Trump

Nope. He was so bad at his job that people turned to two inexperienced presidents to fix his mess. Really all that needs to be said that people are still promising change years after you were in there.

OF COURSE you would try to equate Obama with Trump.

RCSI

Investigation will continue, probably slower than usual with Comey gone, until a new director is chosen at which point the investigation is in question.

True. But they have to appease Trump and his base to hold power they have. Tossing him out right away would shift the base against them. That is how greedy they are for power- they are willing to work with Trump and put the whole country into jeopardy to bring about their conservative paradise. They are playing with fire and don't care. Long term strategy is not their (or any American's) strong suit.

If they fuck around for too long and Democrats actually organize the vote in 2018 (still wishful thinking imo until it actually happens), then suddenly the succession line has a democrat in it after Trump/Pence which could fuck them more than just getting it done sooner. Although that's just a hypothetical and probably will never happen, so I'm sure they're fine just keeping this as is because they basically haven't been punished at all for their actions by their base yet so there's no reason to stop anytime soon. Like you said, the short term week by week soundbites and EMAILS/CLINTON/OBAMA has worked for them for years now so until there are consequences there's no reason for them to stop, unfortunately.

Think about it this way:

3) The IC is gonna have a shitload of friends all over the world that oppose Trump

Investigation will continue, probably slower than usual with Comey gone, until a new director is chosen at which point the investigation is in question.

Thanks guys. So not all hope is lost.

Oersted

Think about it this way:

OF COURSE you would try to equate Obama with Trump.

In short we are fucked.

I see that as motivation.

Chococat

If they fuck around for too long and Democrats actually organize the vote in 2018 (still wishful thinking imo until it actually happens), then suddenly the succession line has a democrat in it after Trump/Pence which could fuck them more than just getting it done sooner. Although that's just a hypothetical and probably will never happen, so I'm sure they're fine just keeping this as is because they basically haven't been punished at all for their actions by their base yet so there's no reason to stop anytime soon. Like you said, the short term week by week soundbites and EMAILS/CLINTON/OBAMA has worked for them for years now so until there are consequences there's no reason for them to stop, unfortunately.

Yup. They are gambling the little people will keep supporting them and are reaping the benefits while they can. It is a game of high stakes they are currently winning.

The Democrate and progressive infight is the best thing that has happened for the conservative cause.

benjipwns

Banned
If they fuck around for too long and Democrats actually organize the vote in 2018 (still wishful thinking imo until it actually happens), then suddenly the succession line has a democrat in it after Trump/Pence which could fuck them more than just getting it done sooner.
They wouldn't resign and allow a Democrat into the White House.

Barzul

50%? 60%?

More like 85%. Only a recession and or war would tank Trump in his base.

TyrantII

50%? 60%?

25% the electorate. Even less of "the nation".

I know what you mean, but let's not give credit where credit is undue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom