• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source close to Comey says there were 2 reasons the FBI director was fired

There are two reasons why President Donald Trump fired James Comey, according to a source close to the now-former FBI director:
  1. Comey never provided the President with any assurance of personal loyalty.
  2. The fact that the FBI's investigation into possible Trump team collusion with Russia in the 2016 election was not only not going anywhere -- the investigation was accelerating.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/10/p...s-comey-russia0819PMStoryLink&linkId=37450522

That orange motherfucker is going down.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Why is it conservatives only know how to deflect? Looking on Twitter, every response amounts to "BUT OBAMA/CLINTON DID THIS!"

Oersted

Uh... the people actually murdered?

Besides if we are going to say "people okay with mass murder" that could include every Bush Jr supporter.

The problem with Trump are less his direct actions, its his indirect impact.

Every shithead in and outside America feels empowered trough him. He represents the worst what societies have to offer and doesn't just get away with it, he got the highest possible reward.

Anyway, we are derailing.

What are the odds of Trump being guilty of something criminal, like collusion with Russia, and Conservatives still supporting him?

50%? 60%?

In my opinion, even if the man was taken away in handcuffs, his supporters would be furious, blaming liberals. There is no way half the nation would accept him being capable of doing anything wrong. And therein lies the problem: even if he was guilty, they wouldn't care.

Russian money gets everywhere.

I'd be shocked if a decent number of top conservative brass dont have a very friendly Russian relationship.

More like 85%. Only a recession and or war would tank Trump in his base.

I think it depends on how many republicans we are talking about. Remember that Trump didn't actually win a majority of the primary votes.

I think if actual smoking guns come out, Trump's approval will start shrinking to 40-50% among republicans.

It would be hard to measure though because I'm sure that proof of collusion would also cause a lot of republicans to register as independents.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Why is it conservatives only know how to deflect? Looking on Twitter, every response amounts to "BUT OBAMA/CLINTON DID THIS!"

Because there are no legitimate arguments that support their beliefs.

Source close to Comey says there were 2 reasons the FBI director was fired

There are two reasons why President Donald Trump fired James Comey, according to a source close to the now-former FBI director:
  1. Comey never provided the President with any assurance of personal loyalty.
  2. The fact that the FBI's investigation into possible Trump team collusion with Russia in the 2016 election was not only not going anywhere -- the investigation was accelerating.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/10/p...s-comey-russia0819PMStoryLink&linkId=37450522

Everybody that voted for trump. You are all fucking traitors.

Should have your right to vote fucking stripped if you voted for this bitch.

Nafai1123

Banned

Because their entire strategy for justifying all the horrific shit they do is to use false equivalence to make the public think that Democrats are just as bad.

I despise Trump, but Bush and his team were GOOD at implementing their disastrous policies. Trump is not. Trump is infinitely more embarrassing on the global stage, but as of right now, the only thing Trump has to counterbalance Bush's evils are the deportations, which are both reprehensible in intent AND bad policy, but nowhere near the lapses that allowed for 9/11 to happen, nor the Iraq War.

I really thought they would go out of their way today to make sure no one photographed Trump being all buddy buddy with Russian diplomats.

I did not think he would invite the Russian press in to document the occasion.

djkimothy

67264706.jpg

Yes, and you're not even my national leader.

Unison

I despise Trump, but Bush and his team were GOOD at implementing their disastrous policies. Trump is not. Trump is infinitely more embarrassing on the global stage, but as of right now, the only thing Trump has to counterbalance Bush's evils are the deportations, which are both reprehensible in intent AND bad policy, but nowhere near the lapses that allowed for 9/11 to happen, nor the Iraq War.

I pretty much agree with this.

There's more potential downside to Trump, but in terms of actual evil Bush is still worse.

android

Theoretical Magician
They wouldn't resign and allow a Democrat into the White House.
But then the Democrats would control the House (extreme long shot the Senate) and could appoint an independent investigatior to probe the Russia ties and impeach him/them. Senate would be needed to remove him/them from office but if the evidence is damning enough...

liquidtmd

Banned

I actually agree, it's a small mercy that Trump is actually terrible at implementation.

If he combined Bush's implementation and delivery to his flat out tyrany, we would be incredibly more fucked than we are now.

It'll be interesting to know whether the interviews happening for the position of Director will involve issues of personal loyalty to POTUS or not. They should come forward.

Chococat

I pretty much agree with this.

There's more potential downside to Trump, but in terms of actual evil Bush is still worse.

Bush had time expand is evil. Given Time, Trump has the potential to dwarf Bush.

That is why we need to kneecap him fast as possible.

But then the Democrats would control the House (extreme long shot the Senate) and could appoint an independent investigatior to probe the Russia ties and impeach him/them. Senate would be needed to remove him/them from office but if the evidence is damning enough...

Also, once the dems control the house, Paul Ryan is no longer next in line for President after the Vice President.

I mean, that's not going to happen, but obviously the wet dream scenario is that the fall out of this happens right after the new Democratic House Majority leader is sworn in come 2019, and Trump and Pence are taken out in one fell swoop.

Again, not going to happen, of course.

benjipwns

Banned
Here's the thing, you won't be able to move onto the impeachment trial until 2020 probably and it's a dead letter then.

The gambit you want is leave them in a cloud of scandal and say "the people should decide" in 2020. Both parties would prefer to take this chance over installing a President Pelosi. But the Democrats even more because you have every Democrat who wants to be running for President in 2020 not fighting a losing impeachment battle for the two years of their campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom