• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

theWB27

It's something that he shouldn't even intimate at.

Just quietly go about your job and do what you can to make it happen. I don't want to hear about it on CNN.

Or you don't look at cnn? All this dirty laundry out there and how dare thee speak of impeachment. 😒

In an alternate universe I wonder if the GOP would benefit from openly and aggressively embracing the investigation process and unanimously agreed to impeach. I get that impeaching a republican president really hurts the party, but Donald Trump wasn't a republican to begin with. It would make them look like actual patriots.

Instead we have the exact opposite. Darkest timeline.

antonz

Timeline for when things started getting serious lines up with around the time the cases were filed in Court on April 17th. Comey wanting more resources and the fact things were accelerating.

It's like I said yesterday more and more. Trump shit his pants with firing Comey to try and distract from the pile of shit(his Russian ties) over in the corner. Problem is he miscalculated the effect his pants shitting would have an instead of distracting its drawing even more attention

Ithil

By the way, lost in all this was the vote to remove Obama regulations on methane was defeated thanks to McCain and a graham and another Republican senator. Which just makes this upside down world even crazier. McCain actually had some balls to go against the grain. As did Graham. Chance for hope?

There's video of McCain arguing with Cornyn and other Senators on the Senate floor, getting angry and going to the clerk to give a thumbs down to the vote, then storming out of the room while Cornyn does a little "WTF?" gesture with his arms. The vote wasn't finished then but his vote put it to 50 No, it ended up 49-51.

So he may have voted No purely out of spite, which is kind of hilarious.

gaugebozo

There's video of McCain arguing with Cornyn and other Senators on the Senate floor, getting angry and going to the clerk to give a thumbs down to the vote, then storming out of the room while Cornyn does a little "WTF?" gesture with his arms. The vote wasn't finished then but his vote put it to 50 No, it ended up 49-51.

So he may have voted No purely out of spite, which is kind of hilarious.
John McCain has a legendary temper. Here's a version from McClatchy:
"F--- you," McCain told Cornyn, in front of about 40 witnesses.

It's from 2008.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article24498646.html

Keep in mind, and this gets forgotten: Rather was the CBS White House correspondent during the Watergate era. It helped make his career (and a lot of other TV reporters, like Tom Brokaw and Sam Donaldson as well)
Yeah, they even played a old clip of Rather asking Nixon about the Watergate scandal.

antonz

There is no real good way out for the Republicans on this because Country doesn't matter.

They would rather ride the Train with Trump until the absolute last moment possible and then if forced get rid of him because they can try and do what they can policy wise in the mean time.

Republicans got smashed hard after Watergate. They lost 48 House Seats and 4 Senate Seats. If they are facing the same again they will try to get their tax policy etc. through before they are smashed.

Doesn't matter who takes the fall the fact that the White House couldn't get their shit together and come up with some sane story is brilliant.

Spicer hiding in the bushes is just the cherry on top.

Maxim726X

If Democrats swept 2018 then yes, 2020 would be an absolute bloodbath because 2018 is supposed to be a "hard year" for Democrats.

Baby steps... Trump is destroying the credibility of his party with each passing day.

Hopefully there isn't 'outrage fatigue' and people stay this engaged when 2018 rolls around.

FTF

Not sure about the source but:

"EXCLUSIVE: IC sources: First #TrumpRussia arrests soon 'possibly tomorrow'; @TrueFactsStated NY GJ report confirmed"

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/11...first-trump-russia-arrests-possible-tomorrow/

CZlnMXJUAAALZPM.jpg

I want to believe.

Need to see a more reputable source to pick this up first...

usual caveats, nobody here believes 100% in anything until its confirmed.
but Malcolm Nance has a decent career as a TV talking head, he tends not to be excitable and predict things, then make excuses and kick the can down the road endlessly. I've noticed that when it is just one of them (like Louise or Claude) that has a tip it is better to wait for several others to say basically "i've heard the same thing". And that's what has happened for this particular rumour.

Perhaps overseas partners, in deference to their I.C colleagues in the U.S, were not willing to leak until now, but Trump has precipitated a "fuck it, they need help" attitude.

Davide

yes and also some people like Rick Wilson, 20 committee, Malcolm Nance and others are signalling some kind of imminent intelligence drop, possibly from UK, that will be damaging.

Arrests would be linked to the indictments right? According to the article's sources and Claude the majority of sealed indictments are in NY with four in Virginia.

I wonder if that possible UK intelligence drop could be linked to the dossier.

Baby steps... Trump is destroying the credibility of his party with each passing day.

Hopefully there isn't 'outrage fatigue' and people stay this engaged when 2018 rolls around.

This is honestly my biggest concern, people are going to grow exceptionally tired of it by 2018. It is in a way people just stopped giving a shit about revelations during the 2016 election.

Elandyll

Banned
Not sure about the source but:

"EXCLUSIVE: IC sources: First #TrumpRussia arrests soon 'possibly tomorrow'; @TrueFactsStated NY GJ report confirmed"

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/11...first-trump-russia-arrests-possible-tomorrow/
If it actually happens this early, it could only be Flynn or Page I think.
But that'd be a start.

In cases of such magnitude, for anything substantial to happen you got to start the domino effect.
That -if- there is indeed a conspiracy to find, but with that much smoke, there's got to be -something-.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Doesn't matter who takes the fall the fact that the White House couldn't get their shit together and come up with some sane story is brilliant.

Spicer hiding in the bushes is just the cherry on top.

They couldn't even coordinate enough to consistently push the same insane narrative.

antonz

Arrests would be linked to the indictments right? According to the article's sources and Claude the majority of sealed indictments are in NY with four in Virginia.

I wonder if that possible UK intelligence drop could be linked to the dossier.

The NY Case if it is the one that has been uncovered is a RICO filing. So pretty big stuff.

WedgeX

Banned
Rosenstein was hailed as an independent and nonpartisan pick when first appointed. Didn't take long for him to bow before Emperor Trump and promptly get blamed for the backfire.

Yep. He could have easily refused like Richardson and Ruckelshaus did against Nixon.

zulux21

that last thought is why it would likely be in the repubs best interest to impeach trump right now.

give them a year to rebuild their brand, the longer they hold out from doing it the better.

president pence would be far more boring (most likely) and thus keep people far less engaged.

though I think a lot of people have had a political awakening and even if they stop paying attention as much they will still likely get out for 2018.

Amir0x

Banned
It's something that he shouldn't even intimate at.

Just quietly go about your job and do what you can to make it happen. I don't want to hear about it on CNN.

About certain things, yes. But it's also sometimes good to do other things loudly. When you intimate that shit is going down, you start making those involved nervous (especially as is now obvious something criminal has been done)... more likely to make mistakes which would make things even more explicitly dangerous for those targeted.

Trump's entire campaign team has demonstrably been some of the most oblivious criminals in politics. In short, "dumb" is too kind a label for how idiotic they are. They make mistakes even an amateur would know to avoid. As such, getting these people into a frantic state may be beneficial as well as having political benefits for the other side. For example, Trump has no self-control (except when it comes to drugs/drinking, apparently), and cannot refrain from responding to any perceived little slight against him. It is so predictable people constantly tweet about what they think his precise reaction when any thing goes down will be, and it is hilariously often 100% correct.

I'm not sure if this strategy will work here, but given how profoundly dumb Trump and company are I'm not concerned. Turn up the heat, enrage these fuckers, let Trump tweet in fury and then we get him saying more shit like the dozens of comments he made that keep contributing to holding his EO's up in court.

Boke1879

So the WH is throwing someone under the bus?

That's how you know this whole thing was a farce.

Trump and team didn't plan this. They really didn't think it would blow up like this. This is a shit show of an administration.

And the only reason anyone can defend this is because they don't want to admit they are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom