• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xando

You're all ignoring the fact that Watergate was a Democratic congress with a Republican president.

Ain't gonna be a goddamned thing coming from this.
Yup.
New director will be a trump puppet and quietly make the investigation a never ending story until no one talks about it anymore

tbm24

The icing on the cake to this whole thing is the numerous clips you can find of Trump praising Comey hard for coming out with the original address Comey made about Clinton. The GOP ate that shit up all day and now it's a fireable offense?

Why are people running down the Sessions letter?

Deride the fact that there is obvious corruption at the heart of this all you like, but the Sessions letter is literally what would have been written by a liberal, Hillary-appointed Attorney General had she chosen to replace Comey. That we know the actual motives are impure does not change the fact that it's about as objective and good a rationale for firing Comey as one could write.
It sure as hell does.

It changes everything.

ayeorkean

zobPN4e_d.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
And meanwhile all Republicans will sit on their fucking hands and not say shit.

our country is so fucked. this is depressing.

i want to do something but i'm not sure what.

Why are people running down the Sessions letter?

Deride the fact that there is obvious corruption at the heart of this all you like, but the Sessions letter is literally what would have been written by a liberal, Hillary-appointed Attorney General had she chosen to replace Comey. That we know the actual motives are impure does not change the fact that it's about as objective and good a rationale for firing Comey as one could write.

A liberal would perhaps not have reclused themselves from an investigation and then fired the head of the investigation.

HolySheep

Neo Member
If americans really care about their democracy now would be the time to march. Jesus christ. This kind of thing would be unthinkable in Norway.

Michael S. Schmidt‏
@nytmike
WH and DOJ had been working on firing Comey since at least last week. Sessions had been working to come up with reasons.

MrHoot

A realist would see the signs on the wall and historical trends and realize, at minimum, the Democrats are taking the house next year.

No, it's not just a repeat, or a movie where "the good guys win in the end" on this. Simply put because the democrats haven't stood for anything except "We are not republicans" for years, have no figurehead, no power and no teeth. They hold absolutely no power and barely show the strength to fight back in any meaningful way

Hazmat

This is that Seinfeld where Elaine gets caught charging personal items to her corporate account and she asks the guy investigating her if she can fire him, except in our world she can and she does.

You guys really are living in a dictatorship now.

Trump can basically do anything he wants.
No we aren't and no he can't. All he has done is fire people. Everything else has gotten held up by ththe courts.
The fuck are you on about? Did I miss something.

Of all things, I didn't think I'd get jumped on for making a crack about FOX NEWS.
You are essentially saying fake news is ok as long as it's on your side.

Crocodile

jL4h19E.png
Call Russian connection fake news in tweets

J9lUf7U.png
Change your Twitter banner to be a quote from your Russia tweets

0Xc3CqN.png
Fire the head of the FBI during Russia investigations, using the AG who recused himself from said investigation

uIsT5Xy.png
Say it was because he was too mean to Hillary

This was a good post

We are still fucked though :(

It's almost like these sorts of things take a really long time!

Watergate took years.

Shhh, the "nothing-will-come-from-this" crowd don't like facts, they just like rolling around in defeatism like pigs in shit.

I would ask that crowd what they are personally doing to combat this, how they're getting involved, but I think we all know the answer to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom