• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakely

98QW5Xt.png

I understood this reference.

Sadly.

And of course "moderate darling" Susan Collins doesn't give a shit either.

I want to bang my head agains the wall at New England continually electing these frauds like Collins and Baker.

Same with Graham and McCain. Entirely corrupt, the lot of them and I hope it burns them in the midterms and for long after.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Republicans would be very stupid not to push back on this. It will negatively impact them in 2018. They probably just think letting the investigation continue would lead to worst for them.

Jesus. Well if THOSE two support this, we can assume all Republicans will. How sad for this country.

Like I've been saying for months, NOTHING is going to happen to Trump, republicans are not going to impeach a republican president, especially one that is still getting 96% support from his voters. Republicans control all facets of the government, there are no checks and balances.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You are ignoring the fact they updated their story when more info came out so no it's not real.

The very first information that came out about this was a press release from the white house saying they fired him.

Chumley

Banned
So all we have to hope for now is the IC leaks everything they have on Trump? Maybe mass protests?

Even if the IC leaks everything, Republicans have complete control over what they choose to prosecute. They can and will say "we don't care" to anything that comes out. There is nothing in place forcing them to act on anything.

Mass protests is the only way. Literally the only way.

Do we know for sure it's fake? Can anybody confirm? It possible for them to change the words of the header after the initial header. So it could have been up for some time unless somebody was watching and can confirm it.
Just go to their website the top 6 stories are Trump fires Comey. If you post an out of context old image it's fake news.

GamerSoul

Over a hundred days in and Trump is still surprising the shit out of me. smh. This does not look good in anyway. I hope this is something both sides can agree on.

Do we know for sure it's fake? Can anybody confirm? It possible for them to change the words of the header after the initial header. So it could have been up for some time unless somebody was watching and can confirm it.

If you listen to the video, the commentator talks about "resignation."

I'm sure that Fox updated their story when the truth was figured out.

You can shit on Fox for nearly limitless, justifiable reasons, but this isn't Fox trying to spin a story of a resignation. That said, I'm sure they'll unsurprisingly talk about how great a decision the firing was tonight.

Got

Banned
I'm not the type to comment on these threads for the most part, but man, McCain keeps eating more and more shit to preserve himself.

His time in that tiger cage served him well. He knows what cock he has to suck and when, to survive.

You are ignoring the fact they updated their story when more info came out so no it's not real.

Absolutely none of the source info about this ever said anything about Comey resigning, because he didn't resign

So it's real because Fox News had to have come up with that lie somehow

If you listen to the video, the commentator talks about "resignation."

I'm sure that Fox updated their story when the truth was figured out.

You can shit on Fox for nearly limitless, justifiable reasons, but this isn't Fox trying to spin a story of a resignation. That said, I'm sure they'll unsurprisingly talk about how great a decision the firing was tonight.

I can shit on Fox for making a willful decision to give out inaccurate information when every other major outlet had the story straight

Elandyll

Banned
Any chance Comey might decide to say "Fuck this!" and volunteer for a full blown testimony to the Senate, one not bound by "ongoing investigation"?

Darkest timeline indeed.

Lindsay Graham likely personally hates Trump more than a lot of Democrats. The fact that he has completely fallen in line behind him during the Yates interview and again now takes away any hope I had that the Senate might do the right thing. The Republican party has sold out the country. They are all in on Trump. We need leaks. Devastating video/audio leaks. Evidence that destroys that entire party.

Crayolan

Could somebody briefly explain the implications and consequences of this for someone like me, who is vaguely familiar with American politics but doesn't have the in-depth knowledge to fully understand the situation?

In other words, tl;dr, please?

There's reason to believe Trump has ties to the Russians who helped influence the election in his favor.

The Congress appointed a guy to investigate this.

Trump just fired that guy. You don't fire a guy investigating you if you're not guilty.

Do you not understand the reference?

no. Don't post jokes which can be misconstrued as fake garbage.

Doomsayer

Didn't Sessions recuse himself from this investigation? Then he writes a letter of recommendation to fire Comey? This is all so bizarre, it almost seems scripted.

This is fucking terrifying.

pigeon

Banned
But to what end? What does the screaming about "we're all screwed" and "dictators" and "world war 3" accomplish?

Ideally it would help people understand the dangers of the current situation, so that they could take appropriate action, including joining in collective resistance.

Maxim726X

Even if the IC leaks everything, Republicans have complete control over what they choose to prosecute. They can and will say "we don't care" to anything that comes out. There is nothing in place forcing them to act on anything.

Mass protests is the only way. Literally the only way.

There's still the press.

They're the last hope, and now we see why Trump is so bent on defanging them.

louiedog

That's just McCain being McCain. Dude is spineless.

It kind of explains way back when he was given Palin as a running mate. Do you think he just said, "that's fine if you guys think it's the right way to go" and went back to sucking on a Werther's Original?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom