• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lautaro

You guys have a Russian plant in the oval office who is gonna bring a shill into the FBI to investigate him.

I mean what is gonna make you riot at this point.

If this was South Korea they would of gone ducking ballistic. Or Romania.

Bur yeah posting on gaf is the best way.

Seriously, are americans alergic to riots or is just GAF addicted to defeatism now?

"Oh well, we have a dictator better to deal with it for the next 8 years".

Zasa

Inklings of Pinochet with this asshole. Jesus Christ.

Can only hope we get some seriously meaty, & consequential leaks after this.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If this investigation is closed and there is still no general strike, I'll lose all faith I've left in Americans.

They won't close the investigation. That would be too obvious and stupid. They will drag it on for years and then announce that they found nothing.

Absolutely none of the source info about this ever said anything about Comey resigning, because he didn't resign

So it's real because Fox News had to have come up with that lie somehow
Then why are they reporting it as fired now? That image purposely portrays the view that Fox News is currently lying about what happened.

Didn't Sessions recuse himself from this investigation? Then he writes a letter of recommendation to fire Comey? This is all so bizarre, it almost seems scripted.

This is fucking terrifying.

The article I read said it was by the Deputy AG's recommendation that Comey be fired. Did Sessions actually recommend it?

If so, that's fucked.

Okay, so I decided not to refresh neogaf for like an hour and I come back to the main page for one little minute and then I see this thread sitting at the top.

"What WHAT WHAAAAAT", in real life.

On a lighter note, I think the next Transformers movie might have to ask three questions.

We all Fucked. Let's just accept and move past the denial stage. We have a dictator as president and he's going to Fuck us every day for the next 8 years.

Can people please stop saying 8 years?

It's getting really annoying at this point.

Nothing about this has confirmed 8 years.

We're in that phase of people going nuts about something bad happening and saying ridiculous things in panic. Yeah I'm scared too, but control yourself.

No?

I respect McCain for his service, but fuck him overall. All talk but party over country like the rest.

He's been broken since the GOP put Palin on his ticket in 08.

He actually had a set of balls before that day.

I would have GLADLY voted for pre Palin McCain over basically anyone in the last 4 elections besides Barrack.

Barzul

Guys whatever the politics, Comey definitely deserved to get shitcanned. It's just sucks it's Trump not Clinton doing it imo.

Also I thought Sessions recused himself?

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
The first words out were "Trump fires Comey"

Never was it Comey resigns.

Absolutely none of the source info about this ever said anything about Comey resigning, because he didn't resign

So it's real because Fox News had to have come up with that lie somehow

-_-

I agree, the situation is shitty, but I think we should focus on other more important and correct factors. Considering if you watch it. They have it up for like 10 seconds, and the guy is questioning what he's getting in his earpiece "Wait what, are you saying he's risigning? That's what you said?"

Clearly scrambling to get the story out. They updated it immediately afterwards.

Got

Banned
Seriously, are americans alergic to riots or is just GAF addicted to defeatism now?

yeah, but cunts on here say there is a right way to protest. rip nana ruth.

O2I3Lxd.png

LiK

Sen. Blumenthal just said on CBSi that we're under a constitutional crisis. Said the AG and Deputy AG are pawns of Trump. Dude is going all in.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
A nerve was hit with the Yates questioning. There's something there that extends to the President, there should be no doubt now that hes interfered with the FBI investigation.

Didn't Sessions recuse himself from this investigation? Then he writes a letter of recommendation to fire Comey? This is all so bizarre, it almost seems scripted.

This is fucking terrifying.

Sessions recused himself from the investigation but he didn't recuse himself from conspiring to fire the guy in charge of the investigation.

Sessions is human trash unworthy of the air he breathes, so it's not out of character for him.

Guys whatever the politics, Comey definitely deserved to get shitcanned. It's just sucks it's Trump not Clinton doing it imo.

Also I thought Sessuons recused himself?

Comey doesn't say much unless DOJ tell him to.

The fact he annoys both parties is a fucking asset.

WedgeX

Banned
-_-

I agree, the situation is shitty, but I think we should focus on other more important and correct factors. Considering if you watch it. They have it up for like 10 seconds, and the guy is questioning what he's getting in his earpiece "Wait what, are you saying he's risigning? That's what you said?"

Clearly scrambling to get the story out. They updated it immediately afterwards.

Not my fault that a news organization didn't check their facts before reporting on it.

cdyhybrid

Over a hundred days in and Trump is still surprising the shit out of me. smh. This does not look good in anyway. I hope this is something both sides can agree on.

What is it going to take for people to realize that the GOP is never going to act objectively? Were the dozens of examples since the campaign not enough?

Destroying property does not help.

Good thing that poster didn't say anything about destroying property then, right?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sen. Blumenthal just said on CBSi that we're under a constitutional crisis. Said the AG and Deputy AG are pawns of Trump. Dude is going all in.

ok and?
do you think this passionate speech is gonna cause all the repubs to suddenly grow consciences and have a change of heart?

You guys have a Russian plant in the oval office who is gonna bring a shill into the FBI to investigate him.

I mean what is gonna make you riot at this point.

If this was South Korea they would of gone ducking ballistic. Or Romania.

Bur yeah posting on gaf is the best way.

But this is a democracy, checks and balances, President can only have 2 terms, etc., etc., and it's all dressed in the veil of party politics and norms (ie within the President's power to fire FBI director)

We've been told for decades that our Constitution keeps stuff like this from happening here and it has never happened before, so it's easy to just trust the status quo.

Madness

Any chance Comey might decide to say "Fuck this!" and volunteer for a full blown testimony to the Senate, one not bound by "ongoing investigation"?

Darkest timeline indeed.

Trump's letter tarnishes his 'word' because Trump wrote, 'I greatly appreciate you telling me on three separate occasions that I am not under investigation'... so if Comey is subpoenaed he will either say yes he did tell Trump and therefore would have tampered with an ongoing investigation. If he says no, he opens himself up to perjury if Trump provides proof he did.

Trump really is a bastard. Will go down as perhaps the wordt President of all time. The rule of law is dead in the US. There is no coming back from this. Americans have to live with this forever.

Lautaro

But this is a democracy, checks and balances, President can only have 2 terms, etc., etc., and it's all dressed in the veil of party politics and norms (ie within the President's power to fire FBI director)

We've been told for decades that our Constitution keeps stuff like this from happening here and it has never happened before, so it's easy to just trust the status quo.

Time to wake up then.

America is a large place

Good, have large riots then.

LiK

ok and?
do you think this passionate speech is gonna cause all the repubs to suddenly grow consciences and have a change of heart?

He said he's gonna introduce legislation for a special prosecutor tomorrow. Let's see how badly it goes with the GOP.

rjinaz

If you listen to the video, the commentator talks about "resignation."

I'm sure that Fox updated their story when the truth was figured out.

You can shit on Fox for nearly limitless, justifiable reasons, but this isn't Fox trying to spin a story of a resignation. That said, I'm sure they'll unsurprisingly talk about how great a decision the firing was tonight.

That's true enough.

-_-

They were the only major outlet to get it remotely wrong.

I shit on them because this kind of stuff happens constantly and undermines the ability of the Fox News viewer to have an accurate perception of reality.

We should absolutely criticize every piece of false reporting that comes out of them because accurately informing the Fox News viewer and actually spurring them to throw their support behind an investigation is the only way we get the people they voted for to do something meaningful about Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom