• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

We are fucked.

Boke1879

Jim Sciutto
@jimsciutto
Latest: #Comey is still expected to speak at an event in LA tonight,
he is still a go - law enforcement official tells CNN

6:26pm · 9 May 2017 · Twitter for iPhone
Washington, DC, United States

Doubt he'll mention anything regarding this though.

Gurrry

are you fucking kidding me with this bullshit? almost ALL of the transitional bodies of power and building and collapsing of countries (or kingdoms) in the history of our species has been bathed in bloody conflict. go back to the revolutions in just the last few centuries even ffs

So ill see you on the front lines then?

Sorry for saying id rather not have our streets filled with violent protests, killing innocent people over the actions of one corrupt institution. We need to flush the trump administration out. Not fight eachother.

But hey, sorry for trying to be the guy saying not to fight. I should just let dad hit mom because its apparently the ONLY way to get things done under your logic.

Izuna

Banned
Our government is completely broken and Republicans have proven they are willing to let millions of people die. Voting obviously doesn't work anymore, in a system where Republicans can gerrymander every state to hold onto/gain power at every level while making it harder for people to vote, or in a system where the person who gets the fewest votes becomes President 2 out of the last 5 elections.

If that's what it takes for true change to occur, then maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

You're advocating for the assassination of a US president.

And voting does work, that's precisely why Trump is president. If you think the electoral college system sucks, that's one thing, but even strategically you can't imagine th entire republican base you seemingly dislike will change because of an assassination...

Jenov

Fuck Trump.

He's either going to leave the position open forever in attempts to undermine the investigation or put in some fucking Yes man that will end it anyways.

Piece of shit.

They need to get an independent investigation going immediately. Right now. Trump is going further and further into fascist dictator territory and the congress needs to wake the fuck up to the monster they're allowing to grow here before it's too late.

Worth as much as the toilet paper I wipe my ass with.

Lo-Volt

Somehow, it feels like a new break in trust just occurred with some pretty awful consequences for everyone involved.

If investigators really think the president fired his FBI director for getting too close, does that mean they go beyond leaking to do something really norm-breaking to attack the administration? Also, Donald talking about "thanks for telling me what I wanted to hear over and over but you're still fired" just reads SO badly. A lot of people are going to assume this is an act of blatant projection. I think only the most ardent disciples are going to say "it's because Comey misstated how many emails he was looking into". No one else will or should buy that. No one will accept this at face value because no one is left with the credibility to explain this dismissal. This reeks.

And you know, Watergate was a major schism for the electorate in terms of trust. If the subterfuge of the Vietnam War didn't convince you it was rotten to the core, maybe that did. Americans looked very differently at government after that moment. But with this happening, I think this is the final straw for a lot of voters. This is the millennial Watergate in fast forward but with gaudy gold and shit. It's rigged, it's rotten, and they're bloody bad at it anyway because this seems like what an amateurish gangster does when they're pressed. This isn't a confident capo keeping control of the game, is it? So we don't even get to say "these creeps are good at what they do".

If there's one moment in time when we could point and say, "this is when the American order truly broke and nothing redeemable was left", is this week it?

wandering

Banned
My black brothers are still being killed in the streets. All the Peaceful protesting of Trump still has him in power and now he's consolidating that power.

You keep worrying about property, while I worry about what this nation is becoming and how many people are willing to just sit by and let it happen.

I'm not sitting by. What's happening affects me too, and I'm doing my part.

Which is exactly why it won't.

It's all up to the press now.
The press, and the people to protest outside of Congress and demand that such a prosecutor is appointed. And do the same at town halls for your congressman. Don't let them off the hook--get out there and be active. Even that may not work, but it's better than doing nothing and just sitting around here complaining anyway.

Kinyou

Graham told CNN on Tuesday he wants to explore possible ties between Trump's businesses and Russia. The South Carolina Republican chairs a Senate Judiciary subcommittee that is investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.White House spokesman Sean Spicer says Trump has asked a Washington law firm to send a certified letter to Graham stating that he has no connections to Russia.
Sounds like a hard hitting investigation

So ill see you on the front lines then?

Sorry for saying id rather not have our streets filled with violent protests, killing innocent people over the actions of one corrupt institution. We need to flush the trump administration out. Not fight eachother.

But hey, sorry for trying to be the guy saying not to fight. I should just let dad hit mom because its apparently the ONLY way to get things done under your logic.

nice snarky response. i was replying to your "violent protests accomplish nothing" kumbaya boy scout horse shit which is not only false, but false from a historical perspective.

and yes, if it gets bad enough (especially for my family) you can expect me on the front lines. will you be there? or will you still be on a forum asking people to be nice to eachother? maybe you can bake some cookies and have an open dialogue or something, been working great so far tbh

Maxim726X

The press, and the people to protest outside of Congress and demand that such a prosecutor is appointed. And do the same at town halls for your congressman. Don't let them off the hook--get out there and be active. Even that may not work, but it's better than doing nothing and just sitting around here complaining anyway.

I've called my office multiple times, thanks.

You can protest and rally all you want. If the Republicans aren't willing to do the right thing, we're forced to sit by and watch. For now.

Proelite

Bill Clinton fired Sessions, but that was because Sessions was involved in a scandal.

This firing is a very bad look for Trump, the 19341234th bad look for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom