• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
It became clear how much parts of the "deep state" and the electorate both disliked Hillary Clinton but by doing this, it feels like a new break in trust just occurred with some pretty awful consequences for everyone involved.

If investigators really think the president fired his FBI director for getting too close, does that mean they go beyond leaking to do something really norm-breaking to attack the administration? Also, Donald talking about "thanks for telling me what I wanted to hear over and over but you're still fired" just reads SO badly. A lot of people are going to assume this is an act of blatant projection. I think only the most ardent disciples are going to say "it's because Comey misstated how many emails he was looking into". No one else will or should buy that. That reeks.

And you know, Watergate was a major schism for the electorate in terms of trust. If the subterfuge of the Vietnam War didn't convince you it was rotten to the core, maybe that did. Americans looked very differently at government after that moment. But with this happening, I think this is the final straw for a lot of voters. It's rigged, it's rotten, and they're bloody bad at it anyway because this seems like what an amateurish gangster does when they're pressed. This isn't a confident capo keeping control of the game, is it? So we don't even get to say "these creeps are good at what they do".

If there's one moment in time when we could point and say, "this is when the American order truly broke and nothing redeemable was left", is this week it?

Basically every NSA conspiracy theory proving out followed by this election's candidates broke it for me.

It was the first time where I wouldn't have been sad if a fucking meteor hit the debate stage.

thefro

Not sad Comey got canned except that Trump gets to replace him.

Don't trust Trump to appoint a good replacement that's not a crony.

Special prosecutor is needed asap.

MIMIC

Banned
33zsmkV.jpg

I laughed xD

I've called my office multiple times, thanks.

You can protest and rally all you want. If the Republicans aren't willing to do the right thing, we're forced to sit by and watch. For now.
Sorry, didn't mean you personally. Meant it more in a general sense, to anyone reading. Definitely didn't mean to single you out or anything and I apologize if it came off that way.

Maxim726X

Sorry, didn't mean you personally. Meant it more in a general sense, to anyone reading. Definitely didn't mean to single you out or anything and I apologize if it came off that way.

All good, overreacted on my end.

I'm a bit on edge tonight... This is really fucked up. And unless someone with an (R) next to their name grows a spine, that they're just gonna let him do this.

Cipherr

BTW, I better not see any more leftists pull more "both sides" bullshit after this news.

If you are reading this news and STILL refuse to support the democrats, you are not a fucking progressive.

It's the living nightmare we LITERALLY warned the lame ass purity test leftists against during the campaign.

But nah, lets just.... continue to let this shit burn to the ground while losing our shit over Obama getting paid to do a speech brehs. Nevermind the full on fucking treason that these posters never seem to get around to opposing with the same venom they always have for the left.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
So since Comey is now a citizen he can't divulge classified info? Damn, guess that's it then. Unless Comey decides to go the "fuck it" route and spill everything. But I think that's not gonna happen.

antonz

The Independent Counsel Statute expired in 1999. So any sort of Special Prosecutor would be appointed by Sessions himself so at this point there is no avenue to justice besides Nuclear options

royalan

Holy shit at these trump boot lickers on CNN. YOU'RE ON THE EVIL SIDE OF HISTORY. WAKE UP.

You don't think he knows that?

You don't think they all know that?

No good, decent person would be left defending Trump at this point.

They're all terrible, hateful people.

We have all got to understand this.

nothing will happen. I refuse to believe the system works. its a joke.

Trump is not a dictator as much as he thinks he is. There has to come a point where people like him are so indefensible that he loses all support except from his most devoted of ballwashers.

I agree. These two "recommendations" seem fabricated just so Trump can point to them so that firing Comey was their idea, not his. He was just taking their advice!

Got

Banned
Holy shit at these trump boot lickers on CNN. YOU'RE ON THE EVIL SIDE OF HISTORY. WAKE UP.

Ideally someone would ask Jason Miller why fucked a sidepiece and why his morals shouldn't be applied to any of his garbage positions.

Gutek

Trump is not a dictator as much as he thinks he is. There has to come a point where people like him are so indefensible that he loses all support except from his most devoted of ballwashers.

I agree. These two "recommendations" seem fabricated just so Trump can point to them as being other people's ideas.

Not gonna happen.

Swiggins

Riot, protest, Assault Republican senators during town halls, etc, etc

You start throwing punches at town halls and you're gonna have rednecks lobbing grenades into peaceful marches.

You can't start a hot war with these fucking neanderthals, they're better armed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom