• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biske

West Wing still staffed and doing damage control.

Apparently this reaction to firing really caught WH off guard.

I just can't even.

I. can't. even.

Some how we live in a world where this clown, thought everybody would be cool with firing Comey, as he is investigating the Russia ties.

Like everyone would sit around and think "ah, well he did fuck over Clinton, you were right Donnie, thanks!"

Nothing matters any more. Truly.

digdug2k

He going to fucking start bombing other countries soon. It's the only way to hope and save his approval. Find someone evil. Spend the next decade "trying" to kill them.

Sorry that I have better things to do than to knee jerk react to things.
Alright. I assume those better things include organizing some type of March or protest against this in your area, and you'll be the change you want to see? Because I fully support you if do and fully agree that something like that would be much better than just freaking out.

Otherwise, if you're to busy for something like that, I perfectly understand! Most people are, so that's perfectly understandable. But in that case, don't critique how people react to this or get in the way of people who do want to get stuff of that nature done, please and thank you.

Aphexian

Yeah yeah yeah, dogpile me whatever. We'll see what's what when he just gets away with it like he has been since we won the election that he shouldn't have.

Barzul

Trump I'd understand because he lives in a diff reality, but everyone else? I just cannot see it, unless the whole thing is a cult indoctrinated by Trump.

So news of the Grand Jury subpoenas came out before the Comey firing. I think the WH learned of the Grand Jury's existance when the subpoenas went out. All of this is them panicking.

iammeiam

Looks like they are trotting out Kelly Anne Conway again for attempts at damage control...

I'm going to go ahead and believe she's resurfacing because Trump is pissed about the SNL skit.

Maybe he did this to have an action so indefensibly stupid they had to let him send her.

I refuse to believe anyone in that WH, besides Trump himself, was dumb enough to not expect a meltdown from this.

It seems they were trying to pull a Romney. Whoops, you can't criticize me because x reasons. These people also didn't think they were gonna get pushed back on the Muslim ban, would not be surprised if this was another handful of people behind this with no one else involved to tell them how stupid it is.

Yeah yeah yeah, dogpile me whatever. We'll see what's what when he just gets away with it like he has been since we won the election that he shouldn't have.

What is your definition of "getting away with it"? Your original post made it sound like still being in the White House in a week...

I want something to happen.

There again, is too much smoke.

I honestly do think that if the house flips in 2018, I believe we will see Trump get impeachment filed against him.

I also believe that he will resign if that happens

this is OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE and impeachment needs to begin now!!!

They won't have the votes to bring charges against him. Not with Paul Ryan running the house.

This is fucking crazy. It feels like this is really it. I keep checking CNN expecting to see a perp walk or a "DONALD TRUMP FOUND DEAD IN BATHTUB" chiron.

lol

i shouldn't laugh about that

but i will most likely burst out into uncontrollable laughter if that happens

He going to fucking start bombing other countries soon. It's the only way to hope and save his approval. Find someone evil. Spend the next decade "trying" to kill them.

He tried that already. His ratings stayed the same, and a lot of his hardcore alt-right followers jumped off the Trump train

Jobbs

Banned
If one good thing comes from all of this, we probably won't see another Republican president in our lifetime.

after bush and cheney and scooter libby and on and on I thought the same thing. I was naive.

Politics isn't about anything but gut and tribalism. People will find ways to navigate whatever realities occured to maintain their preferred worldview.

We have a good chance of a democratic president next cycle, and after that the republicans are likely to win again. The pendulum swings back and forth.

Boke1879

The only reason i think the WH is stupid for this is because of timing.

Seriously why do this AFTER the Yates/Clapper hearing. Why do this AFTER grand jury subpoena's went out? Why make this move right now? The optics were always going to look bad.

this is OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE and impeachment needs to begin now!!!

FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president . He can't be impeached for this.

The investigators looking into Russia are still there so I don't see this effecting the investigation at all.

If one good thing comes from all of this, we probably won't see another Republican president in our lifetime.

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

No matter how far this goes, you can't undo the brainwashing. I am surrounded by proof.

My laughter is actually how I am masking the fact that I'm near tears in total defeatism.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
FBI Director Rudy Giuliani.

This is a naked attempt to shut down or control the Russia investigation and Trump may very well succeed at it.

Even if he did there are probably foreign ICs that have smoking guns that they're sitting on. All he'd have to do is piss off one of those countries enough, and he's great at that.

Jenov

The only reason i think the WH is stupid for this is because of timing.

Seriously why do this AFTER the Yates/Clapper hearing. Why do this AFTER grand jury subpoena's went out? Why make this move right now? The optics were always going to look bad.

Because it's a panic reaction to the russian investigation heating up. The letter alone was so stupid, and obviously written by Trump and sent out without a 2nd person proofreading it.

Slime

Banned
Regan and W were not trump.
Not even close.

My point is that "Republicans are finished for a generation" is a refrain you heard after Nixon, after Bush's first term, and after 2008, but has been disproven time and again. Watergate and all the bullshit that went down during W's presidency didn't stop people from embracing Republicans a short time later. Give it a few years and different face and all is forgiven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom