• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump plans to focus on infrastructure, starting with privatizing air traffic control

Tovarisc

They have nothing new to show or share today, shocking.

LAvRLSg.png

https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/871741434650656768

EzCScOe.png

https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/871742202178940928

How do citizens lose long term if this reduces the cost?
I worry about toll roads but would love to see some private sector efficiency breathed into infrastructure.

The goal of infrastructure should be to best serve all people, privatization changes that to lower costs and turn a profit.

Tovarisc

What does "had it in the can" mean?

Basically they are dusting off old plan made up by someone else than WH, reheating and introducing as their idea to kickoff this infrastructure week.

Most likely talking about bill by Rep. Bill Shuster (R-Penn.) and been around for a while.

eagledare

So Trump is going to apply his "efficiency" expertise to the service that prevents planes from crashing into one another? God help us all.

There is absolutely no reason for this tool to mess with ATC other than private sector kickbacks.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Why is it a wet dream to privatize everything?

"Well I can take north ave to work and pay $10 or I can take the side roads for $8".

That's basically how my commute on dallas works now lol, "I can take Sam Rayburn and 35 and pay $2.45, or take Dallas North Tollway and George bush and pay $4.50 but get there 10 minutes sooner"

Between my wife and I we pay about $300 a month in tolls consistently. On the plus side there is no state income tax!...

How do you privatize Air Traffic Control? Who pays? What if you can't pay? Will companies be able to pay more to ensure faster trips through the queue?

Man, you onow how shitty it is to have certain highways tolled? Like it ruins traffic when you have perfect viable routes to places but the toll just discourages people from using them to the point where free ones are just congested to hell and back. Why the fuck would anyone want that?

Pagusas

Elden Member
Man, you onow how shitty it is to have certain highways tolled? Like it ruins traffic when you have perfect viable routes to places but the toll just discourages people from using them to the point where free ones are just congested to hell and back. Why the fuck would anyone want that?

Well one major benifits is tolls roads are usually kept up a whole lot better than public ones. I hate driving non-till major roads in Dallas as they always are in disrepair. 114 is miserable to drive on, where as George bush, 121 and the express lanes for 635 are super nice.

How do you privatize Air Traffic Control? Who pays? What if you can't pay? Will companies be able to pay more to ensure faster trips through the queue?

Yeah I'm wondering this as well. So like Delta would be in charge of their own Air Traffic Control and then charge extra for tickets?

Unbelievable how the United States is becoming more and more run by companies and you guys just letting it happen.

Senators which are openly getting paid by companies.

Private prisons which is basically legal slavery.

Don't even get me started on the hyper consumerism.

Sanojio

Privatizing air traffic control is like privatization of USPS, would be a disaster and causes far more problems than it solves

mreddie

Unbelievable how the United States is becoming more and more run by companies and you guys just letting it happen.

Senators which are openly getting paid by companies.

Private prisons which is magically legal slavery.

Don't even get me started on the hyper consumerism.

This is what happens when people get fooled with the idea that their country isn't great.

MONDOCORP is coming.

What does this need in order to be approved? Congressional and Senate votes? I would think it would be dead in the water if thats the case.

Zona

What does this need in order to be approved? Congressional and Senate votes? I would think it would be dead in the water if thats the case.

It's legislation, it needs to get through congress. It's failed to get through before, but I honestly don't know what's its current chances are.

Bulzeeb

man, Trump really acts like the Latin American politicians I am so used to, trying to privatize everything, little care for the environment unless they can get some kind of outside help to fund that, jumping from side to side depending on their convenience, etc, etc.

Jinroh

Lower prices... from personal experience most of the time it also means lower wages, worst working conditions, etc. Saving costs is no magic.

Top Bottom