• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to Puerto Rico: Your hurricane isn’t a “real catastrophe” like Katrina

cakely

Not a real catastrophe, huh. Get fucked, you fat orange sack of shit.

I will celebrate for an entire day when Trump dies

I will celebrate for literally months. I will wake up and smile as soon as the thought pops into my head, and then I promise to make a yearly holiday out of it.

Chococat

Okay, I'm not going through this thread cause Trump pisses me off.

But is there somewhere on line that has collected all reports of the true ground situation in Puerto Rico?

I understand because the loss of infrastructure communication is spotty at best, so there might not be allot document at this time. But I need sources to cut through the Trump PR bullshit.

I think I will make a shirt that shows Trump giving the thumbs up with his no-caring fake smile he always has and in the bottom of the shirt

Have a Good Day.

Not even a day ago, the Washington Post ran an article commending Trump for his new "unifying tone"

Philip Rucker‏Verified account
@PhilipRucker
Follow
More
NEW: Another tragedy but a new tone: Trump calls for unity after Las Vegas massacre. My latest with @michaelscherer

Its amusing to see the craven media get embarassed by Trump over and over and over again, often within hours of their grand pronouncements that Trump is acting "presidential"

Surfinn

Not even a day ago, the Washington Post ran an article commending Trump for his new "unifying tone"

@PhilipRucker
Follow
More
NEW: Another tragedy but a new tone: Trump calls for unity after Las Vegas massacre. My latest with @michaelscherer

Its amusing to see the craven media get embarassed by Trump over and over and over again, often within hours of their grand pronouncements that Trump is acting "presidential"

And it's always for fucking NOTHING.

"He's so presidential. He didn't stumble putting one foot in front of the other, for once!"

So sad man. Yesterday somebody on CNN said "you couldn't ask for any more" when Trump addressed the nation.

@PhilipRucker
Follow
More

Yeah but white people died in Vegas.

Apathy

You know there are going to be people post when he dies that "it isn't the time to celebrate someone's death". And I'm going to throw my head back and laugh.

Just like when Scalia died. I was happy when he went and I'll be there same when Trump goes.

Ernest

Banned
Couple reasons why this whole thing today was just a propaganda photo-op...

1- The reason that church was picked by government officials in PR is because the leaders are Americans from the mainland, who are Evangelical Christians, and part of the very, very small group of Trump supporters in the island. Basically, the shit in the church was propped and staged to benefit Trump, Jennifer Gonzalez (who has an aid who called the Obamas "monkey" all the time on social media) and Ricky Rosello, who is a puppet.

2- Trump and his minions landed in Base Muniz in Carolina, which is only 15 minutes away from Loiza, Rio Grande and other towns in the southeast of PR who were completely destroyed by Maria. Instead, he was taken to Guaynabo, which has some damage, but not as much as other areas, and that is 30-40 minutes away from the base.

This was all set up for Trump to look good and for him to continue with his narrative that everything is fine in PR, federal help is doing good work, and that the mayor of San Juan is lying.

Surfinn

1- The reason that church was picked by government officials in PR is because the leaders are Americans from the mainland, who are Evangelical Christians, and part of the very, very small group of Trump supporters in the island. Basically, the shit in the church was propped and staged to benefit Trump, Jennifer Gonzalez (who has an aid who called the Obamas "monkey" all the time on social media) and Ricky Rosello, who is a puppet.

2- Trump and his minions landed in Base Muniz in Carolina, which is only 15 minutes away from Loiza, Rio Grande and other towns in the southeast of PR who were completely destroyed by Maria. Instead, he was taken to Guaynabo, which has some damage, but not as much as other areas, and that is 30-40 minutes away from the base.

This was all set up for Trump to look good and for him to continue with his narrative that everything is fine in PR, federal help is doing good work, and that the mayor of San Juan is lying.

Wow. This really puts shit into perspective

Tom Nook

Can this whole mess get worse? Yes. Yes, it can:

Racist fucks.

Unbelievable :(

Not surprised is this only a PR thing for Trump to look good.
*throws paper towels at crowd*

100 percent true.

There is a reason why Trump ordered Yulin to be silent. Probably the only person that will scream BS at the moment.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Fucking infuriating. Goddamn.

@PhilipRucker
Follow
More

These despicable imbeciles are actively looking for the times he’s not failing, that’s the incredibly lenient standard he has to live by.
Let’s not pretend Obama was treated like that, and the difference doesn’t illustrate a really deep problem.

Holy shit, what a fucking prick.

I know we aren't supposed to just post things like this anymore, but wow. The man never ceases to flabberghast. Has there ever been a more disrespectful person in office?

Does anyone here even know a person in real life as disrespectful, full of themselves, chronically lying, as this guy, who has somehow become the leader of the United States? Unbelievable. This can't be real life.

geomon

Too bad most of them live in NY. Although Florida has a good chunk in their population

Lawmakers here are now trying to relax the admittance rules for schools to take in displaced Puerto Rican children. So hopefully, there's a silver lining here where enough people leave Puerto Rico, move to Florida and turn this state blue forever.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
The only thing that surprises me is how 35% of people are okay with this. I figured it would drop to 20% but nah his base doesn't give a shit.

Going to throw a massive house party if Mueller pulls through.

Sounds about right. I said the other day that I wouldnt be able to stand shit like this and would just tune out but here we are. Blood is literally boiling.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Just like when Scalia died. I was happy when he went and I'll be there same when Trump goes.

When Scalia went my reaction was...

When Trump goes my reaction will be...

geomon

02JUlQm.gif

I would've thrown that shit back. Maybe get a decent night sleep in a military cell.

Shadybiz

WOW. Thanks for the post...shouldn't surprise me one bit, really...but just when I think my opinion of him couldn't get any lower...boom.

pixelation

Okey... there are so many things i'd like to say about that... thing, he doesn't deserve to be called a human being... and animals would be ashamed if i lumped that sick fuck with them. The sooner his time as the president of the United States of America is over the better.

Indeed.

In the ever-continuing tales of my mother, when I spoke with her over the weekend she repeated two mantras: "Its not his Katrina! It's not his Katrina! Nobody has done more!" and "that mayor is a communist".

The icing on the cake? While she kept going on about the communists - not only the mayor of San Juan, but also Kaepernick, she kept bemoaning Comcast of all things, and why? Because they took her RT News channel away.

Seriously. I'm still amazed my head didn't explode in that moment.

The Kool-aid is strong my friends. The Kool-aid is strong.

Oersted

@PhilipRucker
Follow
More

Washington Post has alot of trash fire levels of reporting.

Fuck I hate Trump. Cthulhu is more human than him.

@PhilipRucker
Follow
More

There is no bar for Trump. He could go on TV and yell out "death to the niggers and spics" then turn around and read a teleprompter a few days later and some media outlets will fall over themselves to lather praise upon him for simply not being a massive piece of shit for a second or two.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
All the next president has to do is the bare fucking minimum and they will look fucking amazing in comparison.

The shit this motherfucker spills out of his big ass mouth is crazy.

Nokterian

As fucking expected just like houston. I fucking hate this whole administration and everyone else letting people die..trumps legacy will be a gigantic genocide. Motherfuckers this pisses me off so much.

Derwind

I feel for all those living in Puerto Rico, having faced a devestating natural disaster and its horrendous aftermath, having your nations highest authority turn your pain & suffering into a game for his own twisted amusement. Rather than reassure, he plays a fucking numbers game, rather than addressing your needs, he glosses over the devastation to boost his own insatiable ego.

Its fucking heartbreaking.

He just doesn't give a shit. It's not that he hates the people of Puerto Rico. He just doesn't think about them at all.

Imagine playing GTA and passing by someone that just got hit by a car. Do you think about that person afterwards? Are you concerned about if they are ok or not? No, because it's just a game. That is exactly how Trump sees everyone. Zero empathy. In his mind the only thing he cares about Puerto Rico is how the perception of the recovery effort affects his poll ratings.

That and how a woman who somehow got into a position of authority "speaks about him".

Top Bottom