• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to Puerto Rico: Your hurricane isn’t a “real catastrophe” like Katrina

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Not only does Trump have no real experience in leadership, or in holding public office - he has no real experience in being a human being. Dude completely lacks any tact, grace, humility, or sense of common experience. I bet he's never lived a day without a big fat juicy steak on his plate - or rather, an overcooked piece of meat with ketchup, but still... He has no idea what it's like to go through any real hardship. To suffer and lose everything. It's really hard for me to feel so negatively for another human being, but dear god I hope he knows what that feels like before he dies.

Execute Order 25

Er, I mean

Amendment 25

Section 4

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442345 on second thought....

FStubbs

I would like to think the people who didnt show up or wasted their vote on a third party realized their mistake and do something about it next time.

Because for fucks sake...I dont want this to go longer than necessary. Ive never been more disgusted and embarrassed for this country than I have since he was elected.

Nope, they've dug even deeper into BUT HER EMAILS and BOTH SIDES ARE THE SAME mode.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Fuck your polls and ratings.

Leading up to the election everyone was sure there was absolutely no chance he would win. Go read the gaf thread, clowns like Hollywood duo were mocking posters for early voting numbers. It was such a sure thing

Republicans are masters at getting people to vote against their own interests. More than half this country doesn’t even give a shit to vote anyway.

Putin will just murder anyone that tries to oppose him from the Republican Party and democrats are too busy with purity tests to even be taken seriously. Whoever’s candidate loses the primary is gonna just vote for Trump in the same way Bernie bros did

Your fellow Americans don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt. Don’t count on them. If they couldn’t muster up the one fuck given to avoid this from ever happening they aren’t going to in 2020

Polls were pretty accurate, just the vast majority of people don't understand them and what they mean as far as election probabilities go. Also, there were some really late unpredictable developments that swung the race in Trump's favor.

mnannola

He just doesn't give a shit. It's not that he hates the people of Puerto Rico. He just doesn't think about them at all.

Imagine playing GTA and passing by someone that just got hit by a car. Do you think about that person afterwards? Are you concerned about if they are ok or not? No, because it's just a game. That is exactly how Trump sees everyone. Zero empathy. In his mind the only thing he cares about Puerto Rico is how the perception of the recovery effort affects his poll ratings.

If Puerto Rico had become the 51st state (note, I’m not familiar on whether or not PR wants to become a US state), prior to Trump being in office, I wonder how he would’ve handled this? I mean- would we still be getting these insane remarks? Then again, he handled the afflicted states like shit as it is.

Kinyou

What kind of disgusting human being do you have to be to use a death count as something to pat yourself on the back with.

Gutek

I'm honestly shocked by the fact he hasn't faced any real opposition in any of these outings yet. Like no Bush shoe type shit has gone down.

Was kind of hoping to see him face an angry crowd in Puerto Rico. Instead he's pulling Kobes and smiling like mission accomplished in these pics.

Me too. I thought NYC would be on fire when he was there for the U.N. thing. Seems like not enough people are angry enough.

mnannola

If Puerto Rico had become the 51st state (note, I’m not familiar on whether or not PR wants to become a US state), prior to Trump being in office, I wonder how he would’ve handled this? I mean- would we still be getting these insane remarks? Then again, he handled the afflicted states like shit as it is.

If the current congress has any say on if they become the 51st state, than it isn't likely. After this fiasco they would most likely vote democrat, so the GOP controlled congress would do anything they could do avoid taking them on as the 51st state.

PR has a Spanish name, not all natives are brown skin so yes, we'd still get those remarks.

Vena

If Puerto Rico had become the 51st state (note, I'm not familiar on whether or not PR wants to become a US state), prior to Trump being in office, I wonder how he would've handled this? I mean- would we still be getting these insane remarks? Then again, he handled the afflicted states like shit as it is.

Republicans would never allow PR to become a state, the state would be nearly 100% democratic leaning further weakening the Republican platform.

old

What is his beef with Puerto Rico? It’s like he’s going out of his way to spite them. Did they deny him from building a resort/golf course or something? This is vindictiveness.

Every time this cheeto bitch opens his mouth I am reminded that half of America are worthless, inbred rednecks that voted for him, and I get a little bit depressed.

What is his beef with Puerto Rico? It’s like he’s going out of his way to spite them. Did they deny him a building a resort/golf course or something? This is vindictiveness.

They are actually making him do some real work. He's going kicking and screaming.

Top Bottom