• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to Puerto Rico: Your hurricane isn’t a “real catastrophe” like Katrina

TheExodu5

Banned
Read about. Was angry.

And then I actually heard him say it. My blood is fucking boiling. What an inhumane piece of shit.

He threw paper towels at people, said it was throwing out their budget and congradulated the death count?

im-done-gif-15.gif

Americans of this thread, I am so sorry.

chaos789

Banned
Usually its the president who ages quickly through their terms, but in Trump's case he is aging everyone else. I am getting gray hairs in my facial hair that I didnt even have before Trump became president. Its everyday with this asshole.

Is like we have a president that doesn't understand what working as a public servant is supposed to work. He only cares about the people that like him.

Dehnus

I'm sure his fanboys love it. USA first and all ( they will never see Puerto Rico as a full state even if it became one. I mean just see how they respond about Hawaii sometimes :( ).

I really hope they chase Emperor Tiny Hands off the Island with an Angry mob as he flees with Air Force One!

Fucking twat and his fanbase deserve the treatment by now!

Zolo

Is there no way to remove this piece of shit from office? There must be a way to lure him in and ruin his ass.

Not really. At least 25% will always support him with it more than likely being 30%. Republicans wouldn't impeach no matter what because that would be worse for them in the short term.

Sounds like he's trying to say that he's proud of the fact they kept the death toll relatively low compared to Katrina instead of what article headline is. He's still saying it in his normal horrifically ineloquent fashion though.

Sounds like he's trying to say that he's proud of the fact they kept the death toll relatively low compared to Katrina instead of what article headline is. He's still saying it in his normal horrifically ineloquent fashion though.

Should you ever be proud of a death count? Why is Katrina a real catastrophe and not this?

Give me a break with this bullshit.

It’s really difficult to wrap my head around how Bad trump really is.. dude is worse than what I thought he could be. I know he is incompetent but he’s multiple times shittier human being than what I was expecting.. darn. Dude has no regard for non whites whatsoever.

tbm24

It’s clear what he’s saying. He still threw in “A Real Catastrophe” while talking a US territory that experienced a catastrophe.

The sentiment "Your death toll is lower than this other natural disaster I'm sort of just picking at random is a good thing" has literally no place at this point in the discussion about the recovery efforts in Puerto Rico.

It's not even salient at any point whatsoever. I could say "Well at least fewer people died in Las Vegas than during The Blitz." and it's factually correct but what the fuck difference does that make?

He's a fucking heartless moron.

It’s really difficult to wrap my head around how Bad trump really is.. dude is worse than what I thought he could be. I know he is incompetent but he’s multiple times shittier human being than what I was expecting.. darn. Dude has no regard for non whites whatsoever.

Puerto Ricans are white.

RaidenZR

Paper towels... after two category 5 fucking hurricanes. The tone deaf arrogance of this man.. If there is an afterlife, he truly deserves the worst one imaginable.

Please look at these pictures from Time in the links below and ask yourself what these people needed from the President. Was it to be called ingrates? Guilt trip comments over a budget they have no say or control of? A golfing trophy? Or a fucking roll of paper towels at a photo op?

http://time.com/hurricane-maria-destruction-photos/
http://time.com/a-land-they-no-longer-recognize/

Trump is a fucking disgraceful person. Rotten to his core.

gabbo

That is what he's attempting to get across, but he couldn't even get that right. Someone earlier in the thread said he had a layup and screwed up. This is more like he had a break way layup, ladder, and and oversized novelty rim to hit and his dumbass still managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I expect this when I heard he was going to land this morning; shit on the mayors more, but this.... this is something else altogether horrifying.

"We should be proud that only 59 people died in Vegas compared to a real tragedy like 9/11 where it was thousands"

How's that sound? Good? I mean, it's totally true and you can say it sounds like I'm commending the police for stopping people from getting killed. But do you still want to punch me in the face when I say it? You should.

mrkgoo

Is like we have a president that doesn't understand what working as a public servant is supposed to work. He only cares about the people that like him.

He still sees it as a popularity contest.

I mean politics in a round about way kinda of are all the time, but Trump just doesn't have the way of speech to convey what he means very well.

I mean we all get what he's trying to say but it comes out so so wrong a lot of the time.

It’s clear what he’s saying. He still threw in “A Real Catastrophe” while talking a US territory that experienced a catastrophe.

Yeah but he also says the PR storm was "totally overbearing" and "No one has ever seen anything like that". Think about the fucked up way Trump's mind works. He's not going to compare the handling of his hurricane to Katrina unless he thinks his hurricane was just as bad.

It's only getting better.

From the White House transcript:

Trump: And a lot of people got to see the real Coast Guard during this incredible trouble. Would you like to say something on behalf of your men and women?

Air Force representative: Sir, I’m representing the Air Force.

Trump: No, I know that.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

We all know what he's trying to say and its still completely tone deaf and lacks even a shred of empathy. This isn't a fucking disaster scorecard.

mr_nexus

Banned
I wish someone would grab this orange asshole by his fake fucking hair and physically throw his ass out of the whitehouse.

Not how people like him see it, not that it should even matter. they don't speak english as their primary language either and that is another strike against them.

Maybe, there is a difference though between saying "they are brown/not white" and they aren't "true Americans" because English is their second language.

We all know what he's trying to say and its still completely tone deaf and lacks even a shred of empathy. This isn't a fucking disaster scorecard.

Disagree. The thread title (which, to be fair is also the article title) is something that Trump never said and a large chunk of the posters on Neogaf don't bother to read the actual articles. Getting people riled up about something Trump clearly did not say is not productive.

Top Bottom