• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump tweeted out a video of him "beating up" CNN

Chumley

Banned
giphy.gif

It actually is how this works if protests fail. It wouldn't be the first time violence was required to overthrow dictatorships. The question is if the american people are willing to or able to go that far, and I can say basically without question that they aren't. The people with all the guns are completely in favor of Trump. The Republicans could usurp power outright if they wanted to and just kill any protestors who got a little too rowdy.

The only thing keeping the American experiment together was the pretense of rules and manners, and Trump has gotten rid of all that.

Anna Navarro just lost her shit on This Week. She is PISSED about this. Even more than usual. Also, she called the director of Homeland Security, who they had just finished interviewing, a wuss because he refused to condemn the president over his .gif tweet. Some interesting fallout from this.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/ana-navarro-trumps-cnn-tweet-is-incitement-he-is-going-to-get-somebody-killed-in-the-media/

When is she going to become an Independent already?

Mahonay

Banned
Armed uprising with a massive loss of life, totally a great idea here in America!

Then make it work.
Great plan.

I think it would help tho once something concrete is out there. Helped in South Korea's case, anyway,
Yes. Agreed.

There have been plenty of protests against Trump. I think the next big tangible thing that hits you'll see people go to the streets again.

Mahonay

Banned
It actually is how this works if protests fail. It wouldn't be the first time violence was required to overthrow dictatorships. The question is if the american people are willing to or able to go that far, and I can say basically without question that they aren't. The people with all the guns are completely in favor of Trump. The Republicans could usurp power outright if they wanted to and just kill any protestors who got a little too rowdy.

The only thing keeping the American experiment together was the pretense of rules and manners, and Trump has gotten rid of all that.
No one should ever want an armed rebellion. This is not something to hope for.

I am praying that the independent investigation is what ultimately ousts Trump.

wasn't aware getting democratically elected through the process of the electoral college was a dictatorship now

Loxley

Has twitter ever commented on Trump's twitter usage? Why does he get a pass? Cause rednecks put him into office?

Its not law for President's to have a twitter account. Jesus Christ.

Trump is one of the best things to ever happen for Twitter. If mememory serves correct, Twitters usage numbers were going down prior to the 2016 election and they were laying people off. But thanks to the political firestorm we currently find ourselves in, their usage has gone back up.

They'll only "take action" against him if he blatantly violates their TOS.

Sunster

Why are Hillary die hards still making hypothetical and non nonsensical assumptions about Bernliebers?

Well, Obama should have done it. It would had been fanastic and hilarious.

No one is here for distant, non engaging politicians anymore.

Because he talked some shit

If South Korea, a country ranked under the top ten of worst labour rights countries this year can use mass protests for months to oust their president from office because of influenced decision making, so can the US.

If the mentality of US citizens would change, of course.

Chumley

Banned
but there's limits how long a president can be in office and trump isn't going to remove them

It doesn't matter whether he removes them or not if he destroys the entire country in his first term. 4 years is an eternity.

Also, he absolutely would remove them if he could. He still might find a way, give him time.

Mahonay

Banned
"You" as in "the United States citizens", not you personally, of course.

But seriously, you better start getting your shit together.
You're right this my fault. Should have voted for Hillary a little harder than I already did somehow.

I have a black sister and gay father. This matters to me. This is a part of my every day life. But ok judge me for not wanting violence.

That GIF of Trump fake-winning a fake-fight is oddly appropriate.

But a real president wouldn't make it their official statement.

This might blow your mind since you've always seemed like a completely ignorant person, but Hitler was elected by his people too.

Seems like you're skipping a whole lot of steps in that process. A lot of steps in which his party took acts to make him a dictator. You are eight months removed from an election, try winning the next one before you go full nutjob.

If South Korea, a country ranked under the top ten of worst labour rights countries this year can use mass protests for months to oust/reinstate their president from office because of influenced decision making, so can the US.

If the mentality of US citizens would change, of course.

Protesting in the U.S. doesn't work that way. It's a much bigger country then South Korea anyway.

Mahonay

Banned
That GIF of Trump fake-winning a fake-fight is oddly appropriate.

But a real president wouldn't make it their official statement.
There definitely needs to be an asterisk next to Trump's name in the presidential lineage. He is so far from being a legitimate president.

kess

CNN'S statement would have been more effective if they had just came out and said he was a chickenshit moron.

Chumley

Banned
Seems like you're skipping a whole lot of steps in that process. A lot of steps in which his party took acts to make him a dictator. You are eight months removed from an election, try winning the next one before you go full nutjob.

Gerrymandering, voter suppression, voter ID laws, Russia, the KGB, Pravda (FOX news and Breitbart), stripping back ethics laws, and of course the war card Trump can still play at any time.

You were saying?

The reddit.com/r/conservative post on this is just outright pathetic, ranging from "so funny made my morning LMAO!!!" to "the media deserves this!!!" .

When did the right wing become so disconnected? So immoral and inhuman?

Not many people like the media to begin with and many presidents complained about it. Republicans or other Trump supporters are more against MSM than normal and so they like the fact that he is taking it to the media. Even if it doesn't serve a purpose besides ridicule.

conpfreak

Honestly, I don't want to hear shit from the right about Kathy Griffin after this. A bloodied head or a videoshop inciting violwnce against a media outlet?

Not many people likes the media to begin with and many presidents complained about it. Republicans or other Trump supporters are more against MSM than normal and so they like the fact that he is taking it to the media. Even if it doesn't serve a purpose besides ridicule.

I like that by MSM they mean everything not Fox News, Russia Today, or Breitbart as if they're somehow exempt and not part of the problem.

Top Bottom