• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump tweeted out a video of him "beating up" CNN

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Anyone taking this as a serious threat of violence is feeding right into how his base views the opposition.

It's a poor joke, and the POTUS posting memes is pretty stupid and juvenile.

This is pretty much not important, though CNN took the bait with their response and Trump's base will eat it up.

Kurdel

Banned
I agree with their statement. It is childish, sad, and pathetic. But maybe now they should stop employing Trump surrogates who sit there and just stir up shit?

Yeah, CNN definitely helped create this monster by giving him unprecedented airtime and showing every rally live.

hEist

Let's see if people will still think it's funny, when someday someone of the media will get hurt because some dumb follower want to help his glorious @Potus.

It's not that something like this ever happened in the past... oh yes, Pizzagate.

Anyone taking this as a serious threat of violence is feeding right into how his base views the opposition.

This is pretty much not important, though CNN took the bait with their response and Trump's base will eat it up.
The president of the united states posted a video that implies him fighting the media. Why should we not take it serious?

KaufLive

6 pages in and no one has put CNN on this? C'mon GAF! We gotta tweet this at him lol

xHrPrZq.gif

Not exactly what you're looking for I guess, but I made this for the other thread ;)
(for people who don't know the reference, check out this amazing thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=963325 )

And yet CNN will continue to do "both sides", because they need their "ratings", when they'd be better off bashing Trump, ugh/

nah, you can't call this joking and trolling when his administration has been on a crusade against CNN (or just free press they don't like in general) since day 1. It's the context here which makes this particularly pathetic, and yet nerds continue to lap it up.

Nerds? I think you mean desperate idiots or horrible people.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/24/repu...ion-allegedly-assaults-guardian-reporter.html

Yea there's no way people would start becoming violent to journalists based on the president's rhetoric.

TTOOLL

Right, but his administration claims that Kathy Griffin stunt was promoting actual violence against the President, and that a production of Julius Caesar is left-wing violence.

I don't know. It's fun to point out that these people are hypocrites who don't actually care about violent rhetoric, but it's also just fueling the political hysteria in this country.

I'm not defending his administration, I also don't think what she did can fuel any kind of real violence. It was also inappropriate, that's it.

I'm too lazy to the job but I'm pretty sure plenty of people here laughed at the "beheaded Trump" and are now finding this video the worst thing ever.

I personally just don't care very much. I laughed at the video because it's wrestling, it's supposed to be entertainment and also fake.

Steel

Banned
I don't find this funny, but you'd have a point if he posted an image pretending to decapitate a CNN anchor or executive. This is a fake wrestling gif. Not even remotely close.

Kathy Griffin used a fake head of Donald Trump. And she's just a crappy comedian, not POTUS

Carl2291

Yes because killing terrorists or disabling dictators ability to chemical gas their own people is the same thing as Trump saying protestors should be in stretchers or offering to pay legal fees for assault
Literally bombing and murdering hundreds (or thousands) of innocent people in your "war on terror" in Iraq and Syria is actually far worse than posting gifs on Twitter.

But continue to be outraged at this.

takoyaki

His supporters can’t tell the difference between a real successful businessman and someone who pretended to be one on a TV reality show.

I’m not giving them the benefit of doubt that they can tell the difference between wrestling and real violence.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
The president of the united states posted a video that implies him fighting the media. Why should we not take it serious?

Intent.

I mean it's super poor taste, it's unbecoming of a President.. but to his base it's a joke. The left getting in a tizzy about it just furthers the whole stupid "snowflake" meme garbage about how the left get's upset about everything and overreacts.

It's a wrestling gif. Wrestling is fake. Pretending like it's a real threat of violence takes quite a leap.

Kyzer

Banned
Literally bombing and murdering hundreds (or thousands) of innocent people in your "war on terror" in Iraq and Syria is actually far worse than posting gifs on Twitter.

"My" war on terror is something that most americans dont support, first of all. Second of all by your logic ever since the holocaust happened nothing is worth being outraged about. Because thats far worse than "my" war on terror. Third of all, im not even outraged, i was just pointing out how stupid your argument was.

Steel

Banned
I'm not defending his administration, I also don't think what she did can fuel any kind of real violence. It was also inappropriate, that's it.

I'm too lazy to the job but I'm pretty sure plenty of people here laughed at the "beheaded Trump" and are now finding this video the worst thing ever.

I personally just don't care very much. I laughed at the video because it's wrestling, it's supposed to be entertainment and also fake.

You can check my post history, didn't think the Kathy Griffin thing was funny at all.

Machina

Banned
So youre saying that we are purposely bombing the middle east in order to kill civilians?

Is that whats "really happening"?

No I'm saying you're indiscriminately bombing anywhere that you think a terrorist might be regardless of the consequences.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

No one cares about the trump base.
Absolutely nothing will change that shit core.

It's all the help from the moderate and independents that voted that got him here, and that support is eroding as seen in recent special elections.

Future

The context of his never ending assault of the free press he doesn't like? The pathetic tantrums, and the cameras not being allowed to roll? CNN being an big news organizational actually holding itself accountable for some shoddy reporting doesn't change anything unless you're an easily amused child.

He is easily amused and you are easily trolled.

Seriously though this is why trolling works. Make light of something serious to you, focus in on one flaw of the competition and rub it in while ignoring any talk of flaws against them self, laugh at the responses. This is like trolling 101.

And I won't lie, all talk about this trolling actually being serious and advocating violence makes liberals look weak since you guys are posting the same damn gifs. The only difference here is that people think they can keep musing that the president should be above such acts, but clearly he is not, doesn't pretend that he is, and this is KILLING liberals. They legit don't know how to respond. And that's when the troll claims victory

Jon Stewart warned CNN over a decade ago on Crossfire. CNN didn't listen, CNN then expanded their Crossfire partisan panel motif into muli pundit 3v3 and even 4v4 shit shows.

CNN brought this on themselves and now they are complaining? LOL

CNN is partly respoisnbile for Trump being in the Whitehouse

Kyzer

Banned
No I'm saying you're indiscriminately bombing anywhere that you think a terrorist might be regardless of the consequences.

Im not doing shit, if were gonna start taking the blame for everything the country you live in does then you gotta let me know where you live so i can return the favor for you. Secondly, civilian casualties does not mean that we are literally fighting in order to kill civilians and that you get to say thats whats really happening, as if there is no such thing as actual terrorism. Beyond all of this, the main argument is that its stupid to say Trump can encourage violence because we've been "indiscriminately bombing" (gross mis-characterization) the middle east for years. Makes no sense. At all.

Whataboutism to a whole new level

bionic77

I don't take it as a serious thread of violence but it is fucking embarsssing that our leader is acting like a junior member of a message board.

Let's not normalize this crap.

Sony

Nintendo
Ignorant question coming in, what was the fake news spread by CNN that all this is about?

Some classic whataboutism on display right here ^

Whompa02

This is the President of the United States. This fucking joke of a man.

Trump has done both. Stop pretending like he's just on twitter.

Top Bottom