• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump will live tweet during Comey testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could imagine it being something like:

"Did the President ask you to shut down the investigation into him?"

Comey: "I can't comment on that at this time"

Trump: "First Crooked Comey refused to shut down the investigation, now he refuses to answer. What CAN he do?"

WH Staff

wosht.gif

I could imagine it being something like:

"Did the President ask you to shut down the investigation into him?"

Comey: "I can't comment on that at this time"

Trump: "First Crooked Comey refused to shut down the investigation, now he refuses to answer. What CAN he do?"

WH Staff

wosht.gif

I will howl if this happens.

Sephzilla

The great thing is...by doing this you know it REALLY bothers him....

Also, Twitter should block Trump the hour before this happens.

No

Why do so many people not realize that Twitter blocking Trump would be a terrible thing right now since Trump keeps digging his own hole with it?

GuyKazama

Bitches be sweatin'.

If it were nothing they wouldn't care what Comey says.

They are doing this just to throw red meat at his troll base.

Nothing will come out of this but spin from Comey. He already testified there was no obstructuction.

This is reality tv, and Trump wants to stay in the lead role. Should be entertaining.

hahaha. honestly, I don't think Trump has the stamina to tweet like that for hours.

He's not going to understand what's happening and as others stated he'll whait for the morning folk at FOX to give him talking point which will still blow up in his face since they just lie anyway.

I would say something like "why aren't you running the country", but you know, this is better. The more time he spends tweeting the less time he spends actually doing damage.

Judging from the comments here and on Reddit, I'm fearing that this is starting to smell like yet ANOTHER instance where everyone gets super hyped up and raises their expectations way too high.

Am I right to feel this way or is this Thursday really going to be something big?

I don't think it's going to meet anyone's expectations for sure.

No

Why do so many people not realize that Twitter blocking Trump would be a terrible thing right now since Trump keeps digging his own hole with it?

Yeah, just yesterday you had networks bringing on lawyers that were talking about how Trump screwed himself over once again with his Muslim ban due to his recent tweets about it. Let him do the same with Comey.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Sure that makes sense. I mean what better things does the President of the United States have to do?

I wonder how much lower can he go?

When is the next Miss Universe or Miss USA/Teen USA? Maybe he can live tweet during that throwing out misogynistic commentary and talking about how poor the pageants are doing and how ugly the women are now that he's no longer a part of it.

Ploid 3.0

Trump twitter post 30.

Someone relay this to Comey. "ixnay on the Russia tiesnay." He will understand what I mean. I understand it look mispell. Emphasize that it's from me.

First we all know what that means: Someone will bring up tweets that happened during the hearing and ask a Comey to answer them right there.

Second: It's incredible that Trump is stupid enough to directly tweet about the hearing as it happens. Like we get it Trump. You REALLY don't like the fact that people will get to hear what Comey has to say.

Like, the Senate GOP's Plan has been very obvious from the start. They are legitimately looking into the people who are OBVIOUSLY guilty (Flynn, Manafort, Page, etc.) in the hopes that if they can prosecute the obvious ones early enough it will put cold water on Meuler's investigation before it starts implicating not just Trump, but other GOP leadership as well (Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Reince Preibus, etc).

But if Trump reacts the way I think he is going to react, he is only going to undermine the Senate GOP's plans by making it more and more obvious that it's not just Flynn, Manafort, and Page that are involved.

Nothing will come out of this but spin from Comey. He already testified there was no obstructuction.

This is reality tv, and Trump wants to stay in the lead role. Should be entertaining.

Incorrect. Comey was only ever previously ask if he felt that the Department of Justice was obstructing the investigation in any way at all (and that was before the letter and him being fired). He was never asked if he felt that the White House was obstructing the investigation.

I'm going to pretend that this is you pretending to be Trump tweeting during the testimony which hasn't happened yet since he was fired because other wise lol.

Whatever happened to "you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law" and that sorta shit. Isn't Trump risking his defense more by live tweeting without filter?

As much as this makes me hate Trump, myself, my country, the world, all humanity, and Final Fantasy 8....it will probably just lead to further legal complications for myself so fuckit

Trump hanging himself with all this rope is amazing. Someone is going to actually be able to write a book one day about how Twitter saved America. What an age to be alive.

chadskin

Traders misinterpret a Comey video that they think clears Trump
A video of ex-FBI Director James Comey testifying before Congress earlier this month has given some traders hope that President Donald Trump will avoid any allegations from Comey that the president may have tried to impede an FBI investigation.

Those seeing exoneration from the video, which is being shared by various conservative sites and through social media, appear to be misinterpreting the question that Comey was asked by Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii.

Here's the full exchange. Comey is never asked about Trump. He is asked about the U.S. attorney general or "senior officials" at the Justice Department:

Hirono: So, if the attorney general or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

Comey: In theory, yes.

Hirono: Has it happened?

Comey: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something without appropriate purpose ... Often times they give us opinions that we don't see a case there, and so you ought to stop investing resources in it, but I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason. That would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

First Trump Tweet during the testimony: "I'm completely fine with this, I have nothing to hide folks, believe me."

Last Trump Tweet during the testimony: "I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna PISS ON HIS ASHES!"

Born too late to see an icon of corruption born through Nixon

Born just in time to see an icon of incompetence, corruption and stupidity born through Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom