• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Virginia television journalists fatally shot in on-air attack[READ OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

I thought I recognized Adam Ward. I went to Highschool with him, I just realized, although I don't remember ever personally meeting with him. But looking through my Year Books, it couldn't have happened to a greater guy---he was that one dude on the Football Team who everyone loved, and never put himself above anyone else. Damn. :(

This makes me sick. This is the first time I've read about someone I went to High School with dying, and it really puts things into perspective how dangerous life can be even if, like Adam, you live every day to the fullest and never do anything wrong. It's just not fair---this guy just does his job, and gets shot...

Sorry man....

optimiss

Somehow, I'm less inclined to listen to the perspective of someone who ultimately attempts to solve his problems with murder.

Yes, racism is rampant through the South. But I don't know this past article means anything after what he did today.

Something drove him to do this.

jacobeid

Banned
Just going to echo my sentiments earlier in the thread wishing that law enforcement would just let the fucker bleed out (slowly, preferably) instead of spending taxpayer dollars for medical care.

Piece of shit doesn't deserve to see the sun rise tomorrow.

Bitanator

He knew fully what he was doing, whispering "bitch" as he was creeping up on her. That pov is the most real thing anyone will ever see, but nobody should ever watch that. Absolutely disgusting, after the first shots connect on her, the video goes black, but you hear the shots until no more voices are heard.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
If you do, remember that despite this terrible incident, there is still plenty of good in the world. Smile, talk to people, make someone else smile. Don't think about the video, it ain't your fault; he wanted that video to be seen. No way of preventing that.

Seven said:
Ernest Hemingway once wrote: The world is a fine place and worth fighting for. I agree with the second part.

Think I'll take a walk too.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Not dead but in critical condition?

Holy shit you have no idea how much I hope he survives.

Ayt

Banned
its horrifying and surreal to see both perspectives... the victims and the shooter.

as this ever happened before? a shooter broadcasting his actions online?

hope this doesnt lead to "online killings"

It is guaranteed that it will happen in the future. It feels like we've entered a strange and terrifying new world after what happened today.

hitgirl

I thought I recognized Adam Ward. I went to Highschool with him, I just realized, although I don't remember ever personally meeting with him. But looking through my Year Books, it couldn't have happened to a greater guy---he was that one dude on the Football Team who everyone loved, and never put himself above anyone else. Damn. :(

This makes me sick. This is the first time I've read about someone I went to High School with dying, and it really puts things into perspective how dangerous life can be even if, like Adam, you live every day to the fullest and never do anything wrong. It's just not fair---this guy just does his job, and gets shot...

Sorry to hear this man. He was just doing his job. I know camera man can be a thankless and long hour job, but I know the people who do it, do it for a reason because they love it. At least he died doing what he loved.

It's surreal watching the WDBJ stream, seeing their colleagues continue on with normal reporting voice and tone despite the visible distress on their faces.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
How disturbing is the video? Is it quite graphic?

Krejlooc

Banned
I've been quiet and just reading. Some people don't care. I don't even want to move out of this bed now but I have to go to work and deal with it.

Get away from the internet for today. Nothing good will happen online. Something about tragedy brings out the stupid in some people.

And again, very sorry for your loss.

Somehow, I'm less inclined to listen to the perspective of someone who ultimately attempts to solve his problems with murder.

Yes, racism is rampant through the South. But I don't know this past article means anything after what he did today.
If it was that bad, it doesn't become not that bad because of the shooting.

Similarly, the shooting doesn't become any better because of it.

BFIB

That's... quite the conclusion from a disparate set of reportings.

Yeah, didn't mean for it to sound that way, since we have no way of knowing anything for sure.

But this man clearly has some level of mental health issues for it to be planned out like this.

bedlamite

He doesn't deserve to die, at least not yet. I want to see the courts hit him with everything they've got. Then he can die.

Terrible news btw. I don't even live in the US so I can't even begin to fathom how normal everyday people live with shit like this hanging over your heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom