• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft recently confirmed that it has pumped more money into marketing Star Wars Outlaws than any other game it has released

You want a splinter cell from these people?
yes-chad.gif

I'll never understand why the boring mediocrity of Assassin's Creed has such strong support from players. They just can't get enough of it.
replaying ac: syndicate right now. i just enjoy roaming around a nicely recreated victorian london doing shit. it's no more complicated than that...

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
and I still won't buy it. Lifelong Star Wars fan here but the DEI agenda has ruined the whole thing to the point that I no longer support this series.

Pejo

I might pick it up in 2~ years at ~$20 like I do with all open world Ubislop. Nothing in the previews has shown me a game that I absolutely have to play right now for $70, or even that I might want to play, period. It looks like bog standard Uncharted ripoff with no soul or passion whatsoever.

Hudo

Look, man. The only thing I wanted Massive Entertainment to make was another World in Conflict...

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It's almost as if the Game looks like shit in screen shots and videos that it can't sell itself. Maybe some other design choices could have saved them some money?

N30RYU

It's gonna flop in their faces... they are gonna learn that ppl want to be a Jedi the hard way 'cause you can't make an average bounty hunter without make him overpowered... unless you choose wisely what bounty hounter to play as...
Also the protagonist looks doesn't help at all...

star wars jedi GIF

Star Wars Force GIF

Last edited:

boo

Gold Member
I look at that picture in the first post and I can not help to think to myself: Female companion and love interest, alien companion and buddy, animal mascot to sell toys. Just one character missing. The guy standing in the front of the others, taking charge in saving the world/universe, the self-insert for the player, the main man, the hero.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
All verified with check marks. Douchebag Musk has completely let Twitter go to shit.

Last edited:

Alebrije

Honestly the team wasted time on this Game, instead we should have DivisiĂłn 3 at this moment. Star Wars games are everywhere a most of them are forgettable.

clarky

Gold Member
Why do you guys fall for Ubisoft trashy output every single time? Their games are Just unending recycled mechanics and models from previous games, bad code, bugs, terrible game design and thousands of markers on the map.

I couldn't believe I've read someone here admitting buying skins on Assassins Creed. You are not even gonna show It off to anyone my dude, but who am I to blame. Ive dig a bit on swimsuit packs for some jrpgs a few years Ago...

But still, most Ubisoft games are Just slop. After playing Siege for so long, I had decided to try some racing game. First went with Forza Horizon and It was amazing. Then went with the then New the Crew 3... And couldnt believe my eyes How fugly, disgusting and with similar bugs and visual It was to Siege, a First person shooter totally unrelated from the same Company, being a GaaS and that should have no shareable DNA to One another. And they looked similar. I mean, most of their games Just feel like are the same game at this point.

Im baffled at seeing such a huge Company with so many employees and teams do such terrible, uninspired, ugly and factory-like Made games like Ubisoft.

And I used to love the Company. But after they cancelled Rayman 4, I should've seen It coming. Mediocrity at its fullest. You can have more passion and dedication from B devs.
Check out Einstein here.

We all almost fell for Ubisoft's cunning marketing again, thank god for you.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The critique of star wars outlaws seems really just common things like the design, a true critique requires the game to be released and review.

Krathoon

Gold Member
I actually like Ubisoft for some reason. It is a weird European company.

I have also been collecting Splinter Cell games.

Krathoon

Gold Member
I never heard of Splinter Cell: Blacklist. That one slipped by me.

The early Splinter Cell games had crappy PC ports. It got good with Chaos Theory.

Top Bottom