• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft shares plunge another 20% after Assassin’s Creed Shadows delay

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Absurd demands from a workforce of a failing company.
Thats unions for ya.

When things are going great... "we want more". When things are going lousy... "we want more"

When products are great... "it's us common guys who made it". When a product sucks..... "management's fault"

Makes no sense. And they'll always do it at the worst timing (like teachers striking right before school starts for kids). And in this case, UBI is at its low. Bad financials, internal turmoil of investors trying to go private etc.... And the employees want to take advantage of the company on hard times.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Absurd demands from a workforce of a failing company.

Ubisoft is really done for. How the fuck the employees think now is the time to negociate these terms when the company is on its knees

To think Guillemot went around to shop for a buyer during the massive buyouts during COVID. He got laughed at, rightfully so

Microsoft and Sony were most likely approached. Imagine dodging that bullet

Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Ubisoft is really done for. How the fuck the employees think now is the time to negociate these terms when the company is on its knees

To think Guillemot went around to shop for a buyer during the massive buyouts during COVID. He got laughed at, rightfully so

Microsoft and Sony were most likely approached. Imagine dodging that bullet

Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
At one time the company was worth about 10x vs now (2018 stock was over 100 euros). Around 8x more 3 years ago.

The company still makes money so unless it all crash and burns long term (the next few quarters will be rough with shitty Outlaws sales and AC delay), the company can rebound if it all gets back to normal. But the big question is "IF" their future games and financials can do well years from now. A lot of their gams lately have been bombing. And AC delay doesnt help either.

They need some big bangers like a well received and solid selling FC or The Division or RS sequel to get back.

Last edited:

Coconutt

A delayed case of go woke go broke, a lot of their brands had tons of potential always felt lacking in one way or another. Assassin's Creed for mee stopped being a must buy series after AC 4, I think they just released too many of them in too short a span.

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Office

StereoVsn

I would strongly suggest people not to take financial advice from random neogaf users.

There are far safer ways to make money than gambling it on Ubisoft stock reversing course.
I mean the safe way would be to use 401K and invest in proper low cost ETFs and maybe put some money in solid stocks or more ETFs on the side.

But where is the fun in that!? 😉

On a more serious note don’t take financial advice from this board, lol.

I mean sometimes I gamble a bit with stocks but only after all the other investments, 529 for kids and so on. Timing markers is a very hard job that most professionals do t manage to accomplish.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No self awareness.
They aren’t generating the cash for this.
Who doesn’t want better pay considering the cost of living increase.

It’s funny. Do a shit job then run to Mommy and Daddy (union) to protect you.
It's funny how video game employees always try to make it sound like they all get paid bad and are broke.

I want better pay too. Inflation since covid is probably around +20% compounded. Maybe even more. Mortgages tripled from around 2% to 6% which is insane in such a short time (about 2 years from 2022 to 2024).

My annual salary pay bumps were about 3 or 3.5% per year which is much less than inflation even when compounded. Somehow I've survived.

Last edited:

BlackTron

They can still save themselves. Release a Splinter Cell with a cool looking and badass Sam Fisher, The Division 3 without short haired black girl and pink haired half shaved Asian girl in the reveal trailer, Beyond Good & Evil 2, a new cool and experimental IP for the next Nintendo console at launch like Zombie U or Mario Rabbids and so on.

There is a scene in the mediocre Knuckles show where this dude is trying to unlock his sister from handcuffs but she has such a hangup over being rescued by him she refuses and ends up dislocating her thumb to save herself instead.

This is how I imagine they feel when presented with the notion of being rescued by a successful white man. It's easier to dislocate the whole company. They just can't do it.

Top Bottom