• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UEFA EURO 2024 |OT| Es Kommt Nach Hause

Dr.Morris79

Thank fuck, shit Turks going home. Bad match from us, but goddamn these Turks simply don’t deserve it whatsoever. Good riddance.
That was a hard game though, Turkey were putting a few bangers down range!

They're going to have to open a few more barbers after this.

T8SC

20240706-220254.jpg

Paasei

That was a hard game though, Turkey were putting a few bangers down range!

They're going to have to open a few more barbers after this.
It was a tough game. I was also very frustrated by “my” team that it looked like they simply kept sending invites for the Turks to keep trying. Combining that with the fucking attitude of the Turks (primarily the staff and fans) I was boiling. And for the Dutchies around here: all diseases came along in my beautiful Haags dialect.

See you soon Englishmen. At least you don’t act dirty. Going to be a much more fun match to watch, I just know it.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

It was a tough game. I was also very frustrated by “my” team that it looked like they simply kept sending invites for the Turks to keep trying. Combining that with the fucking attitude of the Turks (primarily the staff and fans) I was boiling. And for the Dutchies around here: all diseases came along in my beautiful Haags dialect.

See you soon Englishmen. At least you don’t act dirty. Going to be a much more fun match to watch, I just know it.
Aye they were crap in that respect. And that's exactly what the wife and I said, it'll be more respectful football overall

Can't wait! Good luck bud, it's going to be a cracker :messenger_sunglasses:

Fret Runner

Quitely confident here against the Dutch.

But that could be the drink and drugs talking
Honestly I was more worried about Switzerland after they Played Italy off the pitch in the previous game and gave Germany a run for their money then I am from what I saw in this Netherlands game.

Everyone one is already writing England off but I’m just sat here like “huh?” cause I can’t see where the confidence in beating us is coming from? If anything it’s gonna be another tight game cause I saw similarities to way England play so could easily be another extra time butt clencher.

That being said, since loads are already being arrogant about beating England, I say time for us to be confident that we can go all the way. We have had dodgy performances so far but I think we are slowly getting into gear so I believe there will be another improvement in our next game which would then lead to going into the final hopefully fully gassed up and ready.

Maybe it’s just the England tax of everyone wanting us to get beat all the time lol

Last edited:

Sony

Nintendo
Netherlands was very lucky today. Their goalie had some amazing saves. There was a rebound situation multiple times that Netherlands barely escaped out of, and Güler had some nice distance shots. Turkey also had serious chances in the last few minutes.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Watching Italia 90 on sky. This is why we prevailed tonight. Years of pain.

Edit: Rodger Miller you legend

Last edited:

Laptop1991

Not once have i thought England has played well in this tournament, yet here we are in the semi's, as Greavsie once said it's a funny old game!.

T8SC

Hamilton & Norris (England) 2 - 1 Max Verstappen (Netherlands)

It's coming home!

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Not once have i thought England has played well in this tournament, yet here we are in the semi's, as Greavsie once said it's a funny old game!.

Same with France. They've been dog shit, yet made it to the last 4.

I think France will get dicked by Spain, and England will scrape past Netherlands.

I hate to say this as an Englishman, but I can't see us beating Spain in the final.

However, as you've said, it's a funny old game. Remember Greece in 2004? Anything can happen.

FeralEcho

I'm probably gonna have to get hammered for the tomorrow's(today's?) game to trully enjoy these 2 overrated showoffs.

Whoever wins we lose anyway...

Fret Runner

Unlikely but Just to be a wild card prediction and hope for something fun to watch so I’m gonna go with it actually being a spicy game no one expected.

2-2. 1-1 in normal time then 2-2 in extra time with shit kicking off and France win with penalties.

FeralEcho

Predictions for todays (Tomorrows) game then?

Spain 2-0 France.
I think it'll be 2-0 like you said but I don't think it will be very one sided,Spain is missing some key players from the last game due to being suspended. I think they'll just be more lucky overall.

I think it'll be a mostly boring match though,first goal after minute 65.

Though I would love to be proven wrong on that part.

SkylineRKR

In the end Holland is rather stable. They don't worry and they did win 2 games from being behind showing fighting spirit.

Against France they could've just as well won as that Xavi goal seemed legit. But in the end this third place served them better I think. The Romania game was probably one of the best performances of any team this cup, it was completely one sided and could've ended 6-0 just as easily. Then Turkey was anticlimatic, but all in all they did send Turkey home within 90 minutes. A feat that didn't happen in any other quarter final, and might be an advantage.

Holland is rather versatile and I think a bit underrated. They have one of the best defenses full stop, and a ton of versatility up front with Gakpo, Malen, Xavi, Zirkzee, Memphis and they can play long ball with Weghorst. The problem is their midfield. This is why their defense looked worse than it was against Turkey and Austria. Its good when in possession but risky when not.

Against England I'd probably play Van de Ven and Frimpong. Memphis on 10, Malen or Zirkzee as a striker. Its basically what Pierre van Hooydonk would like to see.

FeralEcho

What has he done? Genuine question.
Germany was fuming,rightfully so(imo),about the penalty that should've been awarded at Cucurella's obvious handball in the box and he made comments that it was what the referee decided, didn't admit to it or not but said that Toni Kroos should have been expelled after his tackle. He's Germany enemy number 1 right now.

To be fair...with that shit haircut he should be the world's enemy number 1.

Top Bottom