• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 196 Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz |OT| Fook The Belt feat. Ninja Shit & Touch Butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
Conor will learn to never move up to 170. Stick at 145 where he packs a lethal punch or move to 155 where he can compete.

Now for an actual intellectual post
giphy.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't think there's anything for Conor to learn from this, other than maybe jiu-jitsu. He took a fight against an opponent who any educated fan of this sport, like myself, knew was a stylistic nightmare when matched up against Conor McGregor's style.
When you call it, you call it.

Now for an actual intellectual post between all the shitposting, circlejerking and nerding out of all the armchair fans.

I'd rather read those fun posts you disrespectfully call "shitposting circlejerking and nerding out" than seven paragraphs of you making salty puddles on your QWERTY, dude.

Conor will learn to never move up to 170. Stick at 145 where he packs a lethal punch or move to 155 where he can compete.

I feel like everyone is missing the fact that Nate Diaz fights at 155 lbs and has never been able to win the belt there. I don't think he's ever been ranked higher than 3 (which is really 4 counting the champ) in the division, actually.

This was not really a 170 lbs fight, it was two natural 155ers not cutting weight.

Conor just lost to a perennial 155 lbs gatekeeper, and he's supposed to beat RDA?

Alright.

zsswimmer

I know it might be stupid but when he had Conor right where he wanted him, he slapped him a few times instead of continuing the barrage.

That's probably expected but it was still pretty cool.

You could kind of tell when Nate caught him the first time and Conor made that shoulder gesture that this was a different ballgame than the Mendes fight.

Conor looked hurt AND gassed to me.
That was what cracked me up, he was never in any real danger during the fight. The 1st only looked bad cuz of the blood and you'd think reading here he was getting smacked around despite landed jabs all day, rolling with most of the shots and using some don't give a fuck slaps sprinkled in

3N16MA

Banned
I feel like everyone is missing the fact that Nate Diaz fights at 155 lbs and has never been able to win the belt there. I don't think he's ever been ranked higher than 3 (which is really 4 counting the champ) in the division, actually.

This was not really a 170 lbs fight, it was two natural 155ers not cutting weight.

Conor just lost to a perennial 155 lbs gatekeeper.

I have been saying it from the start. Nate is not a legit WW at this point and Conor would have used a win to give him a case to fight a legit WW (Lawler). This is a lesson that if he can't beat Nate who is not top tier then he should stay away from the real fighters in that division.

Conor kept throwing those spinning back kicks which really took a lot out of him. He gassed quite quickly and didn't have that spark you see in him.

I don't think his fancy kicks are gamechangers even though he is very good at them but I was surprised at how slow and pointless they looked.

when I said Nate would destroy Conor with a proper training camp, people started the attacks in the pre fight press conference...

Haha, you're funny. Nate is a trash middle-tier fighter. Always has been, always will be.

You're clueless.

Nate has good boxing to go along with terrible footwork and even worse head movement.

Josh Thomson sure wrestled him into oblivion, huh?

You're funny

Nate got knocked the fuck out by Josh Thomson

Lol rather ridiculous but I agree on all of Nate's strengths that you mentioned. But even with that, I still say he only has a slim chance of beating Conor. Nate has terrible footwork and tends to get hit a ton. Conor has far superior fight IQ along with his speed and accuracy. Not to mention the power behind it. I'm sure Nate could eat maybe one or two big ones but eventually he'll crumble which is a hard thing for me to say considering he's one of the most durable guys in the sport.

I have no idea how this fight will go to be honest but I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Nope. Nate Diaz's last five losses in reverse order:

RDA beat Nate on the feet, with leg kicks, primarily. He also dominated striking at striking distance. He tripled Diaz's output of significant strikes on the feet at striking distance.

Josh Thompson beat Nate standing, scoring a KO on the feet with a head kick followed by punches. He also peppered Diaz with leg kicks early. In the KO, Diaz was really out before he hit the ground.

Benson Henderson beat Diaz up on the feet in striking range, scoring 5x more significant strikes in that position. Nate's greatest striking success in the fight came from the clinch.

Rory McDonald had over twice as many significant strikes at striking distance than Diaz, with Diaz again only finding good success in the clinch, where McDonald eventually took him down with thunderous slams and pounded him on the ground.

Dong Hyun Kim also outstruck Diaz from striking distance, and also used leg kicks to great advantage. Diaz's best stuff again was in the clinch.

(All stats cited, via fightmetric)

As for Nate Diaz, as was pointed out earlier in this thread - he clearly doesn't seem to care about whether or not he wins this fight, he half admitted he could lose this fight at least twice. Money was his motivation behind this.

Next time the Mystic SubScoprianZero has something to say, you amateurs better pay attention.

McGregor isn't just antics. He is a legitimately great fighter. He deserved every ounce of hype he was getting. The thing people have to get out of their heads, especially in MMA, is that as soon as someone good or great loses it means they are frauds or exposed. People lose in MMA. That's the nature of the sport.

I disagree. McGregor is a good fighter, great even. However, his hype was out of control, akin to Rousey's hype before Holm or maybe worse.

Zeliard

I disagree. McGregor is a good fighter, great even. However, his hype was out of control, akin to Rousey's hype before Holm or maybe worse.

The hype was definitely out of control. At one point both he and his more maniacal fans were entertaining thoughts of him @ 185. If nothing else the loss tonight should bring things back down to Earth a bit.

when I said Nate would destroy Conor with a proper training camp, people started the attacks in the pre fight press conference...

Keep my name out of your mouth. I never predicted Conor would win. All my entire post was was accurately dismissing THIS ridiculous claim:

Nate's losses are to wrestlers that were too strong for him, and would wrestle fuck him.

I see that I crushed your argument so hard you are still hurt over it, but that doesn't give you an excuse for misusing my comments to fix your narrative.

Reg

Banned
Next time the Mystic SubScoprianZero has something to say, you amateurs better pay attention.

nNfoWjv.gif

If you come at the king, you best not miss.

You will pick a fight grossly wrong as well one day. Probably soon. Its the nature of the beast. Better to just have fun with it and admit when you just call a fight wrong like I did tonight

I had a bunch of people who don't know shit of what they're talking about, ignoring every obvious point I was making, and just saying silly shit believing in the hype that was built around this guy.

He's good, but nothing great. He needs to stay at 145, where btw, he will also lose the belt once they finally give poor Edgar his shot he rightfully deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom