• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedevil

For 4 PPV appearances, and about 15 to 20 regular appearances.

Not really. In 2015 he did 5 pay per views 2 network specials and one house show plus tv appearances.

In 2016 if you count summerslam he done 4 pay per views, 1 network special and 2 house shows.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not really. In 2015 he did 5 pay per views 2 network specials and one house show plus tv appearances.

In 2016 if you count summerslam he done 4 pay per views, 1 network special and 2 house shows.

And you think he does all those Raw promo's for free? :D

pixelation

Don't the purses for boxers include their cut of the ppv? I don't think any of these purses for the UFC fighters includes any of their cut of the ppv revenue (if they have any).

But its true, i've seen the figures that some MMA fighters make on lesser organizations (that are still televised) and they had several fights already and i still made more money than them on my second boxing bout.

somedevil

And you think he does all those Raw promo's for free? :D

Hell no. They pay him a ton not to wrestle on Raw as a special attraction. They are just paying a lot more to do more house shows and pay per views.

Brock is great at getting a lot of money. 2.5 million for a fight. How much is Punk going to get for his fight?

oneils

But its true, i've seen the figures that some MMA fighters make on lesser organizations (that are still televised) and they had several fights already and i still made more money than them on my second boxing bout.

How many fights were on your card? For whatever reason, ufc seems to have 12 fights per card. Spiltting the gate (and ppv?) 24 ways seems tough. I'm definitely not an expert in this, so I don't know why they are so low compared to boxing. I do believe the fighters deserve more.

Dr.Acula

Banned
http://www.foxsports.com.au/ufc/ufc...e/news-story/c5d1b7e3e036a4c3fd7ef61a058a7870

Some fighters get PPV money. I heard that DC is getting a cut. McGregor got like 10 million for his fight against Nate.

How many fights were on your card? For whatever reason, ufc seems to have 12 fights per card. Spiltting the gate (and ppv?) 24 ways seems tough. I'm definitely not an expert in this, so I don't know why they are so low compared to boxing. I do believe the fighters deserve more.

It's a fucked up system. They're not independent like boxers, or in a union like other athletes.

All fighters get pay to show, and pay to win. If you're big, you negotiate for a cut of PPV, but that's kept secret.

pixelation

There were eight fights, but you bring up an interesting point. And i agree with fighters deserving better compensation.

ron_bato

Man, sage northcutt's wrestling and ground game... is terrible... Granted I don't know much of this Marin guy, but he's making equally dumb mistakes too.

Jamie OD

dave sholler confirms that brock is going to have a special enterance.
hes gonna do a box jump on to the top of the cage!

First thing I thought of was Brock popping out of the floor Rey Mysterio style.

"Who's that jumping out the sky? R-E-Y Mysterio. Here we go!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom