• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoopKid

Yea I mean she does that mean face but her confidence took a hit after the Holly loss and confidence is huge going into a fight. Welp thats going to be it for Ronda. RIP Dana.

dana_white-surgery.png

Holy shit

dead.png

RedAssedApe

Banned
man that was like if you paid a non-fighter 3 million to fight except she's supposed to be the "#1 contender"

still broken mentally after that holly fight

SRTtoZ

I have to play some Doom after the conference. My adrenaline is running like crazy. I don't know if I could have handled a Cruz and Nunez loss.

Brinbe

The funny thing is that Vince, Stephanie, Trips probably want no part of her now. Why bring in a loser? She's not a draw anymore. Even acting. Who would want to watch her?

Idk, at least she has stacks to fall back on. Go home and be a family woman.

Alucard

Banned
I hope someone stays with Ronda for the night. Can't imagine what that kind of defeat does for your self worth and your plans for the future. It's going to be a tough road ahead for her, as this has likely plummeted her stock in many areas. :-/ Sad...I hope she can recover, be it in MMA, pro wrestling, or elsewhere. She's only 29 and her career has already peaked...can't imagine her headspace and feel genuine empathy for her.

Listen to Edmund tell you you can box, brehs

An openly LGBT champ just made a successful title defense to close a year of UFC. Literally one of my favorite moments of the year, easily.

NYR

Is Ronda really going to retire?

Of course, she has no reason to fight, she can make more money elsewhere and the division has passed her by, she has been exposed as what she was - a marketing gimmick that didn't last the rise of the UFC, she ended her own career by getting famous and getting women into this division that can kick her ass standing up.

dem

After that performance she's going to have a hard time selling herself anywhere...

What the fuck was that. Looked like a fucking civilian. Worse than cm punk.

Rhonda must have trained the fine art of standing still. Hopefully she doesn't kill herself, because we all know the thought is going through her mind right now. It was probably there the moment she got hit. She was a beast, and the best at one time, but that time is gone.

She froze, she should never go near fighting again. That was painful to watch, clearly she does not belong there, Amanda on the other hand, fantastic fighter.

sirap

Yea I mean she does that mean face but her confidence took a hit after the Holly loss and confidence is huge going into a fight. Welp thats going to be it for Ronda. RIP Dana.

dana_white-surgery.png

Anderson Silva
Renan Barao
Ronda Rousey

Once the mysticism and confidence around you disappears, it's over. The only exception I can think of is McGregor. Dude lost in the worst way possible but came back like lion.

NYR

I can't believe Rousey stood against Holm and Nunes. Damn.

She didn't have a fucking chance this fight. It was literally 40 seconds and she did NOTHING, not a single punch or block, she had no chance to make any type of move.

SwolBro

Banned
Lol. I hope people learned a valuable lesson. That hypetrain was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in this sport.

it was fucking horrible. talks of her fighting mayweather lol. joe rogan talking about her being the best fighter he's ever seen male or female and all types of fucking nonsense.

this is what happens when marketing meets reality

Yaari

I hope someone stays with Ronda for the night. Can't imagine what that kind of defeat does for your self worth and your plans for the future. It's going to be a tough road ahead for her, as this has likely plummeted her stock in many areas. :-/ Sad...I hope she can recover, be it in MMA, pro wrestling, or elsewhere. She's only 29 and her career has already peaked...can't imagine her headspace and feel genuine empathy for her.

Well for every winner, there's a loser. Why is Ronda so special in this regard ? I don't really understand this sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom