• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for a lot of them, after they get in a really tough fight it's hard to still be mad. N

Yep when you get in a scrap like that it's hard to still disrespect a dude. They put it all in there and make no mistake Cruz landed some shots on Cody too. They seem to have earned each other's respect

The only storyline I see working for her is being humble having lost in UFC and wanting to build a career in WWE. Starting from the bottom and actually having her chops busted thinking she could just come in and dominate. But that would take:

A) Actual planning of a narrative from the WWE writers
B) Rousey actually being able to pull it off, and put the time in to learn to actually wrestle. Shit's hard.

In other words, it won't happen.
I dunno, she can clearly learn from her mistakes, just look at her boxing skills.

Levito

Banned
C0_BfeDXAAA_Fz6.jpg

DYING

Kacho

Cruz is the fucking man. He'll see the positive reaction to his fight and hopefully that gives him something to be positive about with this loss. Get back to the lab and get to work, man. You'll get that belt again.

Ithil

why would hollywood want her?
she tried and had two projects lined up for her first starring role but i think both got cancelled, rumour was that her acting was just too bad.

The big media frenzy around her when she was dominant has vanished, so the whole "get the popular sports figure in the movie, doesn't matter if they can't act" part vanished with it.
People like Rock or Arnold had staying power even if they were not gifted actors because they had immense charisma on screen, no such luck for Rousey.

I gotta say I'm alot more impressed with how Amanda is learning how to use range. She's much better than even 3 fights ago in that regard. She keeps people right at the very end of her punches

Its hard to believe this is the same Amanda Nunes who lost to Alexis Davis in Strikeforce she has come along way. She has always been a well rounded fighter its that she gasses out in later rounds and her striking is way beyond what it used to be. She is without a doubt the most complete female mixed martial artist I have seen fight.

N° 2048

"I could have spent 100 million dollars on the promotion for Nunes and people still wouldn't know who she is."
He literally just said that on FS1.
Fuck off, Dana.

He clearly didn't think she would win and now it's, "Now people know who she is."

NYR

"I could have spent 100 million dollars on the promotion for Nunes and people still wouldn't know who she is."

Fuck off, Dana.

He clearly didn't think she would win and now it's "Now people know who she is."
What a fucking piece of shit.

Tall4Life

I will agree that the crowds would be against her, hence, book her as a heel, at least IMO.

This is the same company that had Lawrence Taylor main event a Wrestlemania. It isn't about experience. This is the same company that pushed Roman Reigns and he has no personality. Daniel Bryan is only 5'8 in a world of giants and was one of the most popular champs ever.
LT was still pretty much a mega star during that time. It was also in the New Generation era during a time where they had one of their worst drawinf champions ever in Diesel. I think Bret was out on injury. They had literally nothing else. Floyd vs Big Show didnt main event their Mania.

And also, Roman Reigns is a tremendous wrestling talent. His promos need work (and just better booking overall), but he is a tremendous wrestler. Bryan was a tremendous wrestler and had an innate charisma about him.

See, you can usually get by in WWE if you have one of the three - charisma, wrestling ability, and size, though for size, if you suck so much in the other two it really doesn't matter (Khali). The most successful wrestlers have a combination, and even the worst in WWE usually at least have one of them, even partially. Otherwise, they're gone.

Ronda has none of those three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom