• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless she's only interested in a Mayweather knocking our Big Show type one off, it won't last. The first time she fumbles on the mic (and she will) the crowds will eat her alive.

I honestly expect her to get a WrestleMania payday and then try her luck at Hollywood. I'd be shocked if she went for a long term thing. I don't think she's capable of getting a Brock deal at all.

There is way more to it to giving her a credible push. If you think the wwe audience just plays along with whatever they are fed you haven't been paying attention. They will be salivating at the first chance to rip her apart.

This plus Charlotte has more physical presence than Ronda anyway.

edit: quoted before your edit. more yup.

Levito

Banned
Is everyone REALLY that surprised? Like that Tate fight showed how fucking vicious Nunes is, especially in the first round.

I gotta say I'm alot more impressed with how Amanda is learning how to use range. She's much better than even 3 fights ago in that regard. She keeps people right at the very end of her punches

Shes extremely good at picking her punches too. No wild exchanges, good timing.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
how big of an overlap has ronda's casual fanbase with the WWE anyhow? serious question, i'm don't know.

but she's small, can't talk, can't wrestle and has negative charisma, i really see no way this plays out well.

Considering how much exposure she was getting when she was on top of the world I'd like to say she has a pretty solid base. How it overlaps with that of the WWE I'm not sure.

Much how people here were saying they paid to see Ronda fight tonight, I just have a feeling Vince would think the same way if he snagged her for one of his major PPVs.

BadAss2961

Yes, but he has put in zero effort into marketing and charisma. His biggest phrase since coming back was a hot mic moment saying "suplex city bitch". He can't sell a match outside of a stare down or a beat down.
Brock has tons of charisma. He's never even needed a gimmick since his real life personality and abilities speak for themselves.

There's a reason why he stayed relevant while most other monster heels fade pretty quickly.

Barrage

There is way more to it to giving her a credible push. If you think the wwe audience just plays along with whatever they are fed you haven't been paying attention. They will be salivating at the first chance to rip her apart.

You cant just book her as a "monster" when she has zero experience, no personality, and is the same size or smaller than the rest of the roster.

The only way it works is if they team her up WITH Charlotte, or have her as Steph's muscle.

If you watch when Tyson was in the WWF and supposed to be a good guy, the crowd fucking HATED him. They made it work by turning it on its head.

80,000+ people waiting to see if Ronda will bother to show up. why is there a sumo wrestler in Rizin? anyone from GAF thinking of getting into MMA now?

I went to Ronda's wikipedia page to see who won (seriously) and found this

0OxjDMY.png

Damn you 2016. Not another one.

I couldn't help but lol after reading that and it's disappointing to see her fall so fast

cordy

Banned
WWE fans wouldn't even want a part-timer coming in and taking the shine from their women anyway especially after they've built the division back up. Hell, Ronda might actually turn whoever she's facing (Charlotte or even Stephanie) face.

Miggytronz

How the fuck are you gonna be in the fight business and not move your damn head?

HOW?

That's the lesson for today GAFFERS, when someone throws a punch at you, move your fucking head!

PROSPERO ANO 2017 EVERYONE
Her coach was losing his damn mind because of this.

I honestly expect her to get a WrestleMania payday and then try her luck at Hollywood. I'd be shocked if she went for a long term thing. I don't think she's capable of getting a Brock deal at all.

why would hollywood want her?
she tried and had two projects lined up for her first starring role but i think both got cancelled, rumour was that her acting was just too bad.

One of the film's that Rousey took time off from the UFC to make, Mile 22, has now been put on hold as the filmmakers have begun to doubt her acting ability, according to the New Yorker. Another one of her film projects, a remake of Road House, has also been delayed until May of 2017 at the earliest.

NYR

You cant just book her as a "monster" when she has zero experience, no personality, and is the same size or smaller than the rest of the roster.

I will agree that the crowds would be against her, hence, book her as a heel, at least IMO.

This is the same company that had Lawrence Taylor main event a Wrestlemania. It isn't about experience. This is the same company that pushed Roman Reigns and he has no personality. Daniel Bryan is only 5'8 in a world of giants and was one of the most popular champs ever.

mreddie

The UFC has especially given no fucks with Nunes and promoted her far less than Holly and Meisha.

Exactly, they built it up as the comeback fight and basically said SHE'S BACK but nothing else, they gave zero fucks to Nunes other than the stock opponent pic.

Ronda will get eaten alive in the WWE, even in a one off. ESPECIALLY if she's working with that clown stephanie. The most she'll do in a match is hip toss someone and arm bar.

Stop comparing her to Brock. it's like when people were comparing CM Punk going to the UFC to Brock.

ron_bato

Dom taking the loss really well. I think Dom will come back strong, and really improve from this fight.

I'd like to see him vs the winner of caraway vs rivera for the next crack at the belt, while tj fights cody.

Fury451

Banned
she tried and had two projects lined up for her first starring role but i think both got cancelled, rumour was that her acting was just too bad.

What's to doubt? They just need to see Furious 7.

Gina Carano was pretty awful in Haywire too, in any scene that wasn't action.

Chesskid1

Banned
still not over how smooth cody was in there, he looked like he has been fighting in the UFC for years and years in the biggest main events. dare i say conor-esque in rising to the occasion.

Not saying they would, just saying that's probably what she would try to do. Rather than try to get into a long term WWE thing.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I don't follow UFC that closely, was Rousey put against weaker opponents on purpose to build her mystique? Crazy how she spiraled so fast.

When she got into the fight game, she came from an Olympic medal winning Judo background, a fairly mature and established discipline for women. The UFC created a women's division, and she was the star. All the other women were just not there. There simply weren't high-level MMA fighters in the women's field. It's like how in the early days of the UFC Royce Gracie just ran through people. Royce is a very good fighter, but the quality of fighters is so much higher now. The division grew and Ronda didn't.

Tall4Life

To the Lesnar comparisons, remember that he had a pretty goddamn legendary run for the only two years he was in WWE before he came back. Sure, WMXX soured that but it was still a legendary run. He had already main evented a Wrestlemania.

And it didn't take WWE's booking to even put him over again. The crowd was CHANTING HIS NAME much before his music hit, and the place exploded when his theme started. He was over even before he walked out.

Rousey has none of that to her advantage. I don't see her coming to the WWE.

Ronda will get eaten alive in the WWE, even in a one off. ESPECIALLY if she's working with that clown stephanie. The most she'll do in a match is hip toss someone and arm bar.

Stop comparing her to Brock. it's like when people were comparing CM Punk going to the UFC to Brock.

The only storyline I see working for her is being humble having lost in UFC and wanting to build a career in WWE. Starting from the bottom and actually having her chops busted thinking she could just come in and dominate. But that would take:

A) Actual planning of a narrative from the WWE writers
B) Rousey actually being able to pull it off, and put the time in to learn to actually wrestle. Shit's hard.

In other words, it won't happen.

Chumley

Banned
"Is there any particular reason you're not sitting down?"

"Why would I sit down? I'm always on my feet."

Simultaneously awkward and awesome finish to Dom's conference lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom