• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cody's a badass, always been but I can't favor him in that fight.

Cruz looked slow to me, Tj seems like he is getting faster and faster.

Yeah that's tough as FUCK to call. I think Cody is a better boxer with better head movement.

But TJ has excellent wrestling / Takedown timing and is super creative on the feet. No idea who I would favor there

N° 2048

Miesha Tate gets me so cised. Good lord.

Every. Single. Time.

giphy.gif

Dana's right as much as people hate to hear it.
Ronda's comeback was the story of this fight, and the most effective way to promote it. The way someone like Nunes gets over isn't by spending a ton of money in preflight marketing, it is by doing exactly what she did and beating the dog shit out of the most famous femal fighter on the planet. This is how stars are made in combat sports.

I saw this at a Lucky Strike. The crowd was stunned when Nunes dropped those 5th floor Bs on her.

I was giddy during the Garbrandt fight as he was making gif after gif.❤

Any fighter who ever trains with Edmund after these past 2 shit shows is OUT OF THEIR MINDS.

That corner advice / screaming. Good fucking lord

They can't give her this little next time now that's she's champ right?

Keep in mind she made 500k+ with PPV tonight but yeah she should get a pay increase after Rousey. 200k+200k might be next

At minimum 150k+150k will happen

Dana's right as much as people hate to hear it.
Ronda's comeback was the story of this fight, and the most effective way to promote it. The way someone like Nunes gets over isn't by spending a ton of money in preflight marketing, it is by doing exactly what she did and beating the dog shit out of the most famous femal fighter on the planet. This is how stars are made in combat sports.

And you gotta promote yourself with these interviews. Diaz was always big but that octagon interview blew up. The other people with me couldn't understand Nunes's post fight interview but liked what she said after reading it on twitter. Speaking better would help a ton.

norinrad

I think it has now become a psychological thing for her, unless she wins her next fight, every fighter out there is going to have a go at her and win. May as well retire at this point.

ironcreed

Banned
On Nunes, yeah.

People complain about the UFC, but this Rizin stream is the carniest shit.

Moldovski happy he lost the decision...

LOL, what I mean by underground and off the books is common sense that goes against the hype and money in certain situations such as this. It's easy to read, and yes, there is an 'underground' of folks who know when to spot it. It's all perception, really.

ironcreed

Banned
4gYZIzL.gif

This looks like someone who has never even been hit before trying to fight in the UFC for the very first time. That is how bad it is.

Of course I forgot Nunes was champ since the UFC wasn't treating her like one in terms of promotion.

She's a beast, I won't be forgetting her again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom