• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I could have spent 100 million dollars on the promotion for Nunes and people still wouldn't know who she is."

Fuck off, Dana.

He clearly didn't think she would win and now it's, "Now people know who she is."

i mean they could've tried with 100 dollars or so.

she's funny and openly gay, she could be a huge rolemodel.
but dana is besties with Trump so he probably doesn't like it.

The Beard

"I could have spent 100 million dollars on the promotion for Nunes and people still wouldn't know who she is."

Fuck off, Dana.

He clearly didn't think she would win and now it's, "Now people know who she is."

He was right though.

You don't poor money into promoting an unknown. Putting the focus on Ronda brought tons of people in which got everyone paid more, including Nunes.

Now Nunes is officially a "name" fighter. She'll get promoted for her next match.

Dereck

CiXsqMS.gif
nG2Ihl2.gif

He was right though.

You don't poor money into promoting an unknown. Putting the focus on Ronda brought tons of people in which got everyone paid more, including Nunes.

Now Nunes is officially a "name" fighter. She'll get promoted for her next match.
They don't have to spend the same money they do promoting Ronda or Conor, but at least promote her enough so people are aware of her existence

SwolBro

Banned
all those videos from UFC showing Ronda Rousey walking into the arena all "serious"
she really does think this is the WWE doesn't she?

Ithil

The match in gif form looks like a tutorial for a UFC video game, just learning how to do punches on a practice dummy.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
After the last 2 fights, I think she is officially uncharted......

IQ6vqbA.jpg

ironcreed

Banned
What a fucking asshole.

Pretty much. The UFC is such an easy fucking read. When the next hype train slams into wall like Rousey, and is exposed, bet the house against it on the come back and you will be happy. Or conversely, bet against new comer shit like CM Punk with all you have. I love UFC and it is filled with talent, but man they are far too predictable with their bullshit and the underground laughs at it. And that is easy advice.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I coulda sworn there was a version of that Drake/Rousey image from her loss to Holm. I tried looking for it and I think I just spoiled myself for UC4 fuuuuuuu-

FUME5

Pretty much. The UFC is such an easy fucking read. When the next hype train slams into wall like Rousey, and is exposed, bet the house against it on the come back and you will be happy. Or conversely, bet against new comer shit like CM Punk with all you have. I love UFC and it is filled with talent, but man they are far too predictable with their bullshit and the underground laughs at it. And that is easy advice.

The underground huh.

I will agree that the crowds would be against her, hence, book her as a heel, at least IMO.

This is the same company that had Lawrence Taylor main event a Wrestlemania. It isn't about experience. This is the same company that pushed Roman Reigns and he has no personality. Daniel Bryan is only 5'8 in a world of giants and was one of the most popular champs ever.

Again, are we talking about a one off like LT of Floyd Mayweather? Or are we talking about Brock Lesnar? There is a difference. She can do a one off. Anybody can. Having an actual wrestling career is a whole different story. And Daniel bryan is a terrible comparison. He's beloved because of his wrestling ability, not because he's small. You talked about booking Ronda as a monster. Bryan was not a monster. And Ronda's acting ability makes Roman look like The Rock. So what is her place? She's a monster like Brock but without the size? She's a charismatic mat technician like Daniel Bryan only without the charisma or wrestling ability? Your throwing shit at the wall in trying to figure out what Ronda's place would be in WWE is making my point for me.

The Beard

They don't have to spend the same money they do promoting Ronda or Conor, but at least promote her enough so people are aware of her existence

It was the right move imo. Ronda's comeback was the story. That was the draw. Nunes could've very easily taken a quick loss (she was the underdog) and quickly forgotten after 207. She won the title by beating Tate (who barely won the title from Holm) who looked like ass. It's not like Nunes' was a sure thing before tonight.

Nunes was featured in the embedded videos on YouTube, it's not like she was completely hidden from view.

Again, are we talking about a one off like LT of Floyd Mayweather? Or are we talking about Brock Lesnar? There is a difference. She can do a one off. Anybody can. Having an actual wrestling career is a whole different story. And Daniel bryan is a terrible comparison. He's beloved because of his wrestling ability, not because he's small. You talked about booking Ronda as a monster. Bryan was not a monster. And Ronda's acting ability makes Roman look like The Rock. So what is her place? She's a monster like Brock but without the size? She's a charismatic mat technician like Daniel Bryan only without the charisma or wrestling ability? Your throwing shit at the wall in trying to figure out what Ronda's place would be in WWE is making my point for me.
WWE should open their eyes and realize Charlotte's their perfect monster heel instead of Nia Jax or even Ronda if they do somehow want to bring her in as a monster. 5'10, can wrestle, can talk, gets more classic heel heat then 99% of the companies heels, pretty much always looks more physically dominant then her opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom