• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
rBXpXmd.gif

6FC5VhJ.gif

bud

that rousey fight was just painful to watch. not even the best boxing coach in the world could've helped her post-holm.

she's broken.

she's done.

cruz v garbrandt was fun.

ianpm31

Stayed up all night to watch Cro Cop! It's always the super bowl for me when he fights and what a way to finish the year off. True legend

Yeoman

I dislike Rousey as much as the next person but I'm laughing at some of the comments in this thread, you guys are crazy; she is going to eviscerate Nunes.
I really hope I'm wrong because I'd love for another round of Ronda knockout GIFs, but the reality is that she's going to tear Nunes into bloody pieces.
sly-smile.gif

See ya in a few hours.

Alright I'll take the bait.
I'm in the UK so I won't be watching this fight but I'll be here to witness the aftermath of Ronda ending Nunes in the morning.
So I'll see you in a couple of hours too ;)
And as a side note - seriously I want nothing more than for Amanda to win but I really think Ronda will dominate her.
You should really just stick to what you wish for. Because that is the more likely outcome than the hype of Ronda Rousey. Good luck.

Welp, I was completely wrong. I truly didn't see that one coming. Ronda looked like she'd never fought before in her life...
That was insane.

Jezbollah

You do have to wonder what the fuck Rousey was training for after all that time off.

She genuinely got rekt hard - the kind of rekt that you don't come back from. Wow.

The Hobo

If Ronda knew how to protect her face she would have fared better. As it was, that first punch rattled her and she had nothing to call upon to deal with the rest of them.

All that time spent training after the Holms match, and literally nothing to show for it.

Fitts

Feels good waking up to a Cro Cop win.

Watched the Nunes fight because fuck it, I had a minute to spare. I don't think Rousey wanted to return, but couldn't turn down $3mil. She's clearly done fighting and I doubt her acting career will go anywhere. I could see her floundering in Hollywood for a bit before going to WWE as a special attraction.

gogogow

The biggest mistake by Ronda is still having Taverdyan as her coach after the Holm's fight.
Should've fired his ass there and then.

The biggest mistake by Ronda is still having Taverdyan as her coach after the Holm's fight.
Should've fired his ass there and then.

You can't really develop top notch striking skills at that stage. You'll never be able to match someone who grew up developing this skills. People figured her out. And her opponents were weak.

I don't think this is Taverdyans fault. She was always a judo person, a new coach wouldn't have made her striking good enough to match Holly or Nunes, at this point.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we down the line hear that Edmund put millions on Nunes and told Ronda to box.

She'll never fight again and he knew that, his well was going to dry up hard.

Doikor

Nunes put it well

Nunes on Edmond: She thinks she's a boxer. He put that in her head, and she didn't need to do that.

Ronda would have stood a much better chance if she didn't try to box with much better boxers. There is nothing wrong with doing what you are good at (clinch/ground game)

gogogow

You can't really develop top notch striking skills at that stage. You'll never be able to match someone who grew up developing this skills. People figured her out. And her opponents were weak.

I don't think this is Taverdyans fault. She was always a judo person, a new coach wouldn't have made her striking good enough to match Holly or Nunes, at this point.

Who says anything about matching the boxing skills of whoever? Taverdyan is a shit coach. Have you heard what he said to Ronda during the Holms fight?

Ronda is rich, does she only have one coach? Fine if she wants to keep Taverdyan around, but why doesn't she have a separate boxing coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom