• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones arrested for DUI after totaling Bentley

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatural

My Member!
UFC Light Heavyweight champ Jon "Bones" Jones was arrested early this morning for DUI after he totaled his Bentley in upstate New York ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Jones was involved in an accident at around 5:00 AM in Binghamton, NY. We're told the car -- which Jones crashed into a pole -- was totaled and cops arrested Jones on the scene for DUI.

According to our sources, Jones was taken into custody by Broome County Sheriff and bailed out a few hours later ... by his mom. Jones is from nearby Ithaca.

Jones last fought on April 21, defeating Rashad Evans by unanimous decision. His next scheduled fight is on September 1 in Las Vegas against Dan Henderson.

Via text, UFC prez Dana White tells TMZ, "Wow, i guess its not my week is it?"

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/19/jon-jones-ufc-arrested-dui/

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
That's lame as hell. I'll never get why rich people don't use full-time on-call drivers. If this is the kind of life he's living though, and the kind of judgment he shows, I'm going to have to greatly diminish my expectations. Glad that it looks like no one else got hurt.

Heel

i5IprMTckJGKR.gif

Heel

That's lame as hell. I'll never get why rich people don't use full-time on-call drivers. If this is the kind of life he's living though, and the kind of judgment he shows, I'm going to have to greatly diminish my expectations. Glad that it looks like no one else got hurt.

I don't think he's balling like that yet. He was living in an apartment until very recently. Hell he may still be there. The Bentley is rumored to be a gift from the UFC when he flew out to Vegas and failed to renegotiate his contract.

dabig2

DUI...zero tolerance for that shit. You kinda lose that role model status you go for when you drink and drive.

At least he doesn't smoke weed, get suspended for a year, and duck fights he said was for charity.

http://h8.abload.de/img/0046_4g6hb.gif[/img[/QUOTE]

God dammit I can't believe I am about to do this but...

Diaz gave the money to the charity. The money came from out of his pocket. They may be idiots but at least the Diaz bros seem like good dudes.

TheNatural

My Member!
DUI...zero tolerance for that shit. You kinda lose that role model status you go for when you drink and drive.

That pretty much disqualifies anyone who's ever been on TV in some form then as a role model, which they probably shouldn't have been in the first place.

TheNatural

My Member!
God dammit I can't believe I am about to do this but...

Diaz gave the money to the charity. The money came from out of his pocket. They may be idiots but at least the Diaz bros seem like good dudes.

Jones driving drunk vs. Nick video blogging on the highway high as a kite.

WAR.

soultron

Banned
I have no stake in JJ as a person since I know next to nothing about him, but I'm just glad he didn't hurt/kill anyone.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i think this level of stupidity sort of transcends the pro-wrestling bullshit from the MMA thread and from the ufc itself. this is potentially really bad for the ufc too because they banked so much on him and he was one of their few young stars. but then again we do live in a forgive and forget culture so who knows. especially if he talks about jesus a lot and redeeming himself

TheNatural

My Member!
Takes one to know one.

I'll go back to my conspiracy theory before the fight, Rashad putting something in his drink to get him to piss hot. Now it's going to come out Rashad couldn't beat him, so he makes up to his good friend Johnny and takes him out on a night on the town, and then ruins his special night by convincing him he can make it home.

i think this level of stupidity sort of transcends the pro-wrestling bullshit from the MMA thread and from the ufc itself. this is potentially really bad for the ufc too because they banked so much on him and he was one of their few young stars. but then again we do live in a forgive and forget culture so who knows. especially if he talks about jesus a lot and redeeming himself
Rampage caused a miscarriage on his Monster drink rampage.

Nah it turned out that lady was full of shit and she lost her case.
Hmm, I'm just seeing short blurbs and it sounds like she miscarried but the district attorney said it wasn't from the accident. Was it just coincidence?
"A lady tried to sue me and say she had a miscarriage because of the accident, but the DA (District Attorney) said it had nothing to do with the miscarriage."

TheNatural

My Member!
Hmm, I'm just seeing short blurbs and it sounds like she miscarried but the district attorney said it wasn't from the accident. Was it just coincidence?

Yeah I just remember nothing came of it.

That picture is gold though, a fucking monster truck in the middle of the highway. Nothing can ever beat that,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom