• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oriel

Oh fuck off with that lying shit May! No one forced Ireland to vote twice on the same topic. God damn, I hate this same stupid crap constantly being regurgiated by Brexishiteers.

RangerX

Banned
She's doing frustratingly well so far. The longer the topic is Brexit and the more she can say she'll stick it to Europe, the better she'll do.

We must be watching a different person. She hasn't answered a single question directly yet. It's just the usual rhetoric. There's no substance.

I just pray Corbyn knocks it out of the park because so far the audience have really let us down and allowed her to slime her way out of every answer.

deadduck

She's only better at not answering the questions.

Some idiots clap: "but Dianne Abbott" or "THE WILL OF THE BRITISH PEOPLE" I don't know why.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
We must be watching a different person. She hasn't answered a single question directly yet. It's just the usual rhetoric. There's no substance.

The overwhelming majority of the British public backs leaving the EU, backs being billed as little as possible, backs a tough, jingoistic rhetoric, and backs a strong leader to deliver that. This QT has been enormously beneficial for May because it has so fully played to that. If it was going to be bad for her, it needed to be on domestic policy, which it hasn't. Too many are seeing this through the eyes of liberal GAFfers.

Empty

crab is right. it's satisfying for me to see members of the public slag her off to her face because god i'd love to do that myself, but on the major questions her answers are popular and people really do trust her more on brexit.

Faddy

Banned
People need to learn to ask simple questions. This rambling bollocks just gives politicians ways to manoeuvre around the tough part

RangerX

Banned
Oh fuck off with that lying shit May! No one forced Ireland to vote twice on the same topic. God damn, I hate this same stupid crap constantly being regurgiated by Brexishiteers.

I'm an Irishman and a supporter of the EU. That's actually what they did do. We voted no to the Lisbon treaty and were made to have another referendum to say yes. That's just a fact. The EU isn't perfect.

They need to use the tory spiel in their question so they can't use it in their answer.

Or at least be clear that you don't want a load of bollocks and doesn't answer it clearly.

Tregard

Soothsayer
They need to use the tory spiel in their question so they can't use it in their answer.

Or at least be clear that you don't want a load of bollocks and doesn't answer it clearly.

Every question should be preceeded with "Without saying 'Strong and Stable'..."

Pandy

Maybot: http://i.imgur.com/g4SPTtJ.gif

What I was looking for:
Tp5CcSN.gif

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
great performance by may so far, which is depressing

Oriel

I'm an Irishman and a supporter of the EU. That's actually what they did do. We voted no to the Lisbon treaty and were made to have another referendum to say yes. That's just a fact. The EU isn't perfect.

We didn't. I voted on both, they were different, the second had concessions explicility giving Ireland an opt-out from the Commom Security and Defence Policy, a continued right to nominate commissioners as well as no efforts to harmonise tax policy (gotta protect the crown jewel of Ireland: our 12.5% corporation tax). They were two different treaties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom