• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not corbyn's biggest fan but it's nice to hear someone not dance in circles around every question

that was a bit tetchy then though, that chap didn't like his demeanour at all then lol

kmag

Here we go again, tariff free access but EU won't be doing that without freedom of movement. It would completely undermine the EU.

Everyone knows it, no one is willing to actually say it. The body politic in this country keeps pretending there's some ace card in their hand and that somehow the whole thing is a game of go fish.

jelly

Here we go again, tariff free access but EU won't be doing that without freedom of movement. It would completely undermine the EU.

Yeah, both Labour and Conservatives seem to believe they will get this without freedom of movement. Nobody seems to call them out on it.

Audioboxer

We want a majority to fight the Tories, fuck off SNP. I mean, it's expected, but it's the reason Scotland will never manage to be relevant to the UK as is.

Lego Boss

Honestly she sounded callous but more competent than usual. She can't fake empathy, Cameron could. I don't think this was particularly good for her. The most powerful parts where the partially sighted girl and she absolutely fucking flubbed that.

I think Cameron probably had empathy given what happened to his own child.

kmag

Corbyn is better at this than May, because he manages to sound sincere. He still walks himself into walls unnecessarily.

Empty

corbyn's positioning on brexit is quite fascinating and clever. he has placed himself just slightly to the left of may to keep progressives on side with guaranteeing eu nationals and avoiding low-tax etc, but functionally his position is the same as may's so he can avoid alienating the electorate nearly fully behind accepting brexit now even if it is nonsense

the lib dems can gain zero traction on throwing a wrench in this however as corbyn's ambitious manifesto is undeniable a lot more progressive than theirs overall, and also they have been completely incompetent.

Mr. Sam

corbyn's positioning on brexit is quite fascinating and clever. he has placed himself just slightly to the left of may to keep progressives on side with guaranteeing eu nationals and avoiding low-tax etc, but functionally his position is the same as may's so he can avoid alienating the electorate nearly fully behind accepting brexit now even if it is nonsense

It wasn't long ago that I would have said the Tories had a 52% strategy, the Lib Dems a 48% strategy and Labour a 0% strategy. It's beginning to appear that I'd mislead myself.

f0rk

The main problem I have with the Labour manifesto is how the amount they're hoping to raise from corporation tax etc is hugely reliant on the corporations sticking around post Brexit.

Auctopus

corbyn was a bit flustered at the end of that anti-semitism question tbh

It's always going to be a tough question. Especially when it was offered in such a sarcastic manner.

They should've booted Livingstone when they had the chance, though. It'll haunt him.

Uzzy

Livingstone should have been thrown out, full stop. Made the Labour Party look bad that he wasn't, or hasn't been yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom