• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rk

Corporations aren't going to be running for the hills from the fifth/sixth largest economy in the world. They will still be more than willing to do business here. It's the banking sector that could take a hit. Even under labours plan we would still have a lower corporate tax rate than any G7 member.

I'm not talking about them running away because of the rates going up, they would be leaving because of uncertainty around the terms of Brexit.

CD93

Neo Member
"How would you stop them?"

If the deterrent fails... it fails...

Preventing such a failure is important and I'm amazed that people just want to make sure we get our shot off before the world as we know it ends.

Moosichu

Answer the bloody question Corbyn! The whole point of nuclear weapons is to act as a deterrent. If a leader refuses to use nukes then that defeats the whole point in even having them.

But if the leader uses them then that also defeats the whole point of them.

Because they are a deterrent that have failed as soon as they are used.

pulsemyne

People as so clueless when it comes to Trident. The whole point of the weapon is to never use the bloody thing. If it needs to be used then the world is pretty fucked already. An exchange of roughly 100 megatons of nuclear weapons would be the start of a mass extinction event it would cause havoc with the environment. It's like people want us to use it! "Go on Corbs we have the bomb. Tell us who you'd like to nuke...go...on....please...big explosion...death...oh...god...I'm....cumming!!!"
Oh and no one except the prime minister know if they would order a retaliatory strike. Although we do know that some in past would not have done so.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think May did much better tonight. She gave off the vibe of a PM, which is all that matters. Letting yourself get groaned at over something as irrelevant as a nuclear apocalypse, is just foolish. The audience got much more excited about that issue than the nurse's pay issue that May had.

Dabanton

As crazy as they are portrayed not even North Korea would launch a Nuke. It basically means saying bye bye to your country and everyone else's. As once one goes off and strikes their would be retaliatory strikes in other places.

It's fluff and pointless and is sabre rattling of the worst kind.

WhatNXt

I think May did much better tonight. She gave off the vibe of a PM, which is all that matters. Letting yourself get groaned at over something as irrelevant as a nuclear apocalypse, is just foolish. The audience got much more excited about that issue than the nurse's pay issue that May had.

Which is fucking sad.

These people literally do not understand MAD and the idea of supreme destructive weapons as a DETERRENT

That wasn't good for Corbyn. He should have just said yes and ended it. What's the point in a 2nd strike? If nukes got launched we're already dead! Fuck that guy who said "IT'S TOO LATE M8!" God forbid Corbyn doesn't want the Fallout series to become real.

Empty

corbyn should make that last point more forcefully.

by reducing immigration we will have a skills shortage, only labour is investing in skills for uk workers to meet demand. point to student nurse burseries that tories cut etc, investment in education.

Bumhead

Banned
Looks like he's been hit hard by that nuke stuff

Just been thinking the same. He's done brilliantly so far (again, from someone who is normally a critic) but he looks beat by that round of questioning.

No wonder, in fairness. Beaten down by absolute idiocy.

jelly

That wasn't good for Corbyn. He should have just said yes and ended it. What's the point in a 2nd strike? If nukes got launched we're already dead! Fuck that guy who said "IT'S TOO LATE M8!" God forbid Corbyn doesn't want the Fallout series to become real.

He can't say Yes now, it would be even worse for him back peddling when he was against it his whole life.

He should just go with the deterrent meaning and it use no longer works, end of the world, killing millions answer. Most people would be fine with that.

Faddy

Banned
This blond prick. I knew he was an arsehole when I first clocked him.

Zero Hours contracts are stealing your rights, idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom