• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

Trying to throw the bantz on national TV. Nah bro, leave that for Twitter and forums.

Corbyn is nuking May.

he even followed up with the "no money, meight" memo
the-rock-struggles2.png

Tregard

Soothsayer
Aah the nuke question

You can see Corbyn's pitter patter on this one. I'd stop it beforehand -> Dropping nuclear bombs is bad -> Cybersecurity

pulsemyne

The main problem I have with the Labour manifesto is how the amount they're hoping to raise from corporation tax etc is hugely reliant on the corporations sticking around post Brexit.

Corporations aren't going to be running for the hills from the fifth/sixth largest economy in the world. They will still be more than willing to do business here. It's the banking sector that could take a hit. Even under labours plan we would still have a lower corporate tax rate than any G7 member.

Empty

it's extremely funny that david laws lost his seat to the tories after weaponising a personal joke about there being no money left to help his pals in the tory party demonise labour.

kmag

Corbyn should have had a simple answer for the Livingstone question. Ultimately expulsion is not at the gift of the Labour leader.

Audioboxer

Thank fuck Scotland largely votes for the SNP and we have zero issues telling Trident to get to fuck. Ashamed the rUK still has such a hard-on for it.

Fergie

Banned
it's extremely funny that david laws lost his seat to the tories after weaponising a personal joke about there being no money left to help his pals in the tory party demonise labour.

What a stupid mistake that was lol.

Got low information voters actually believing the government had no money.

Jezbollah

That "there's no money" note, at the time, was beyond stupid.

edit; He's caving under the retaliatory strike question. This isnt a good look.

Plasma

Banned
If Britain was under imminent nuclear attack, I don't think it would matter who was in charge, tbh.
Exactly we're fucked either way and I'm not going to be in much of a position to give a shit if we retaliate or not if I've just been vapourised.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
Using a nuke anywhere (attack or counterattack) is literally shitting in your own bed. Using a nuke in retaliation is complete and utter madness.

Stupid audience ffs

kmag

If Britain was under imminent nuclear attack, I don't think it would matter who was in charge, tbh.

Trident (both the UK and US) operational parameters are for a response within 24 hours. In an actual moment of high tension, the subs go completely dark and stop trailing the radio antenna, only re-establishing contact at fixed intervals. The UK (and the world) could be ash for hours before the me too missiles are launched.

Auctopus

"Are you telling me that if we dropped a nuclear bomb on the Middle East, you wouldn't ride it all the way down, swinging a cowboy hat?"

These nuclear questions are idiotic. Do they not understand that the second somebody launches a nuclear weapon, it's pretty much over? It doesn't matter how many nukes you have to respond with - it's too late, all governments have failed and people die.

Why are you worried that we don't swing our nuclear dicks at other countries?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Corbyn should just gird his loins and say he would use it under extreme apocalyptic circumstances. He's letting himself get skewered over nothing.

Oriel

Answer the bloody question Corbyn! The whole point of nuclear weapons is to act as a deterrent. If a leader refuses to use nukes then that defeats the whole point in even having them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom