• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Survation is Con 40% Lab 39%.

10 mins until the Bern.

sammex

Wowzers.

tumblr_oqzly8xwNV1t0grs4o1_1280.png

Now up to 8 votes I know have been wasted because people haven't registered in time. How difficult is it to comprehend the importance of this election? Getting a bit hysterical at this point.

The plebeians I've spoken to (same idiot scum that voted Brexit,aka my family and friends)

Are heavily leaning Labour.

I think that Labour is going to take an upset win here folks. For every action there's a reaction and this is partly due to people waking up from Brexit.

The other half is old fucks crying now that their pensions are getting fucked over.

"Oh by all means fuck over the young people, but we draw the line when it comes to our pensions lel"

I gottah say this boomer generation the ones that came after the heroes of world war 2. Are the biggest bunch of disgusting cunts I've ever witnessed and the sooner they fuck off to hell the better.

CCS

Banned
I believe the last Survation poll had a 6 point Tory lead, so the +/- numbers in that one seem weird. Still great numbers though!

Faddy

Banned

The debate result is interesting. Theresa May did really badly on several questions with particular highlights her stance on nurses pay and her lack of sympathy with people with disabilities and mental health issues.

Many people have or know someone who has went through the fit to work assessments and felt they haven't been treated humanely. It particularly hurts when people feel attacked at their most vulnerable, recovering from illness or cancer. The damage can be seen in the suicide statistics which have ballooned as the government cut deeper into the social safety net.

While the Nuclear Nine has grabbed the attention on GAF and elsewhere the it seems like May's cold calculated lines did nothing to assure people things would get better. In fact it seems like May is trying to prepare us for even worse and there are a lot of people who can't take any more.

kmag

YouGov at 9:30 for their presumably 'oh fuck fuck FUCK' poll which overestimates youth turnout

YouGov aren't exactly forecasting an unheralded youth turnout. It's basically 2010 numbers which might be 10% greater than 2015 but it's 10% less than the EU ref.

kmag

The debate result is interesting. Theresa May did really badly on several questions with particular highlights her stance on nurses pay and her lack of sympathy with people with disabilities and mental health issues.

Many people have or know someone who has went through the fit to work assessments and felt they haven't been treated humanely. It particularly hurts when people feel attacked at their most vulnerable, recovering from illness or cancer. The damage can be seen in the suicide statistics which have ballooned as the government cut deeper into the social safety net.

While the Nuclear Nine has grabbed the attention on GAF and elsewhere the it seems like May's cold calculated lines did nothing to assure people things would get better. In fact it seems like May is trying to prepare us for even worse and there are a lot of people who can't take any more.

As I said last night, that was a terrible look for May. She can't do empathy either in tone or really in content, so when she's faced with personal analogy she just comes across as a sociopath. Cameron at least sounded like he could give a fuck as he was fucking you over.

Morat

Banned
So... These Tory's are still going to win in all likelihood. But it looks like May's gamble is going to only result in a small increase in seats. So now what? I reckon she'll be gone within a year, two maximum. And then?

Faddy

Banned
I still can't believe May deployed the 'no magic money tree' against the nurse, how properly nasty

I posted this point last night but I think it needs re-iterated.

In England the pay review body recommended a 1% for nurses. The government rejected this raise and kept nurses pay flat.

How broke are we if we need a magic money tree to fulfil a 1% raise for workers in one of our most valued sectors?

I posted this point last night but I think it needs re-iterated.

In England the pay review body recommended a 1% for nurses. The government rejected this raise and kept nurses pay flat.

How broke are we if we need a magic money tree to fulfil a 1% raise for workers in one of our most valued sectors?
Versus the 11% pay raise for MPs. It's a fucking travesty.

As I said last night, that was a terrible look for May. She can't do empathy either in tone or really in content, so when she's faced with personal analogy she just comes across as a sociopath. Cameron at least sounded like he could give a fuck as he was fucking you over.

This is ever so slightly unfair. She might feel empathy, but she's just not very good at outwardly expressing it.

That's usually the case with repressed people.

Pandy

From this point forward every poll is right-wing propaganda designed to encourage Tory voters to get out on voting day, and persuade students that they don't need to worry about getting out of bed.

Not true, of course, but I think it's the safest mental avenue to go down until the exit polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom