• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Par Score

I feel bad for you guys living in Tory land, and very fortunate to live in a swing seat:

sIOndHM.jpg

800 votes is a nice number. You can imagine a crowd of 800 people getting herded into a barn or something.

Audioboxer

Mere days after this:

4dKmClz.png

Which is why whoever is behind it should be outed and shamed. Beefy seems to say speculation is it's The Sun. If I were May I'd release a PR line condemning it, but you know, don't want to risk pissing off the Brexiteers days before the election.

Bonkers that your image can be used in such a hostile way, go viral and probably still not see a response. I understand this will be at the bottom of the list of importance, for anyone, but still, I can't imagine many other PMs not spending 5 mins to get a statement out that it is "not the British way to be hostile like this and whoever behind it doesn't represent the people of the country". A generic PR response, but most would do it. It's not some graffiti on a random building, it's a massive statue and it's all over the internet right now.

Pandy

Has the picture been mirrored from the source?

Because unless I've made a mistake, which I might have given the way it is 'draped', but isn't the flag on her dress wrong?

Newline

Has the picture been mirrored from the source?

Because unless I've made a mistake, which I might have given the way it is 'draped', but isn't the flag on her dress wrong?

If she were laying down on her left side the flag would be correct. It's debatable whether it's better to show the flag on its side or squash the flag onto a dress thats taller than it is wide.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24927/mary_glindon/north_tyneside/votes

I always enjoy checking this website. My labour representative for years, has always (sadly) voted against things I'd like to have seen. This is why I didn't vote for them the last two times (I went Lib-Dems and then Green).

Like, I get it. I understand this might be her personal point of view on gay rights (which has thankfully since changed), but it just seems odd.

5y93RO4.png

Then the whole information collection thing isn't what I like, yet she was all for it. That doesn't represent me.

JmEOKg2.png

This is where I'm confused about MPs, we vote for them because of their party alignment, but then their own personal alignment doesn't seem to come into contention.

I'm concerned more about the wildlife than the giant Theresa May cutout if someone was to burn that monstrosity. If it was still there I'd be very tempted to go down to Dover and mess that thing up.

Pandy

If she were laying down on her left side the flag would be correct. It's debatable whether it's better to show the flag on its side or squash the flag onto a dress thats taller than it is wide.

That doesn't work. Compare it with the one in Mr. Sam's post which is what triggered me, or even better:
255px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Jack
I think of it as the red 'leading edge' travelling in an anti-clockwise direction, but whatever way you want to think about it, rotating the flag in any direction doesn't fix the problem. The red 'leading edge' is travelling clockwise on the dress.

The only way to fix it is to mirror it.
EDIT: So, effectively, she's wearing the 'distress signal' variant. lol

WhatNXt

She said she backs Kahn but stopped short of criticising Donald. Poor support for the mayor of our nation's capital, and a miserable show of backbone in the face of his callous timing.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
imagine if our PM said stuff like that about the Mayor of New York after 9/11

Trump is a national embarrassment and May is a coward for refusing to condemn his actions (for the third time in a week)

Ashes

Banned
https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24927/mary_glindon/north_tyneside/votes

I always enjoy checking this website. My labour representative for years, has always (sadly) voted against things I'd like to have seen. This is why I didn't vote for them the last two times (I went Lib-Dems and then Green).

Like, I get it. I understand this might be her personal point of view on gay rights (which has thankfully since changed), but it just seems odd.

5y93RO4.png

Then the whole information collection thing isn't what I like, yet she was all for it. That doesn't represent me.

JmEOKg2.png

This is where I'm confused about MPs, we vote for them because of their party alignment, but then their own personal alignment doesn't seem to come into contention.

A lot of times they're whipped. Particularly so on major issues.

Hazzuh

I think May refusing to criticise Trump is going to do pretty severe damage to her, both left-wing and right-wing people resent the idea of a British PM being "America's lapdog". Also it once again undermines the idea that she is a strong leader.

That was this morning. Don't understand why it's not been picked up by the media
I think we all know why.

The papers/news were happy to give Corbyn some press as it helped them but now that we have the potential for a huge shift in public opinion over the last few days they are trying to coast through to minimise the potential Labour growth.

I would love to get canvassed, but haven't been in the 3 elections I've been able to vote :(

whether it's to annoy a momentum true believer or to politely listen to a tory one and then tell them I've already sent my postal vote for labour at the end.

Mr. Sam

I would love to get canvassed, but haven't been in the 3 elections I've been able to vote :(

whether it's to annoy a momentum true believer or to politely listen to a tory one and then tell them I've already sent my postal vote for labour at the end.

Marginals tend to get canvassed more thoroughly so, if you don't already live in one, you might consider moving.

Audioboxer

Corbyn's comment about May stepping down has now been used to make him look flustered on BBC news in an attempt to backtrack and put it down to anger. Well played Corbyn....

scotcheggz

I'm in Brighton Pavilion and just had the greens come knocking. Reassured the lovely old dear that it was as good as done from me as it always is. Then got a Tory leaflet 5 minutes later. Thats the first I've heard or seen anyone all election cycle this year. In other years I've had people knocking several times a week.

Maybe the tories got the idea finally that greens are nailed on.

PaulLFC

Never mind - was going to see if anything can be done re: that BBC coverage through Ofcom, but wouldn't have any effect now before the election even if it could.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
even UKIP are sticking the boot in over May's record today

she's a liability. I honestly can't see her surviving long even if she wins. This pressure isn't going to go away after the election.

Hazzuh

If May wins then she will be fine, the Tories can't oust her during the Brexit negotiations without totally destroying their credibility.

Spaghetti

Not only was one of the London attackers known to Police, but also appeared in that Jihadi documentary on Channel 4 from last year. Whew.

scotcheggz

If May wins then she will be fine, the Tories can't oust her during the Brexit negotiations without totally destroying their credibility.

tbh, I'm not sure they've got a lot left to destroy at this point. They've skirted dangerously close to becoming a laughing stock several times in this campaign. I am utterly confused why anyone believes a word they say. Above and beyond the usual cynicism of politicians.

even UKIP are sticking the boot in over May's record today

she's a liability. I honestly can't see her surviving long even if she wins. This pressure isn't going to go away after the election.

Watch her hang on to her political career like someone on life support, then she bails after the negotiations are over - doing something as cowardly as Cameron - saying "In this new chapter for the country, it is clear a new leader is required because fuck you i got mine"....

Maledict

Holy shit at those numbers. How the hell has that been ignored?

Because it's not the police, it's the police union, who are allied with labour and are making a political point,

For one thing, the British crime survey is not an "opinion poll". It's actually seen as the gold standard of crime reporting as it shows far higher levels of crime than recorded crime, so for him to rubbish it is garbage. It's how we know that a lot of crime still goes unreported to the police!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom