• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

That Conservative privatisation thing is some fake news ass shit. The watchdog needs to look into that - it's purposefully deceiving voters into sharing a campaign pledge that the Tories don't believe in.

vfSA3W4.jpg

yes, you are right, but... let us see how the NHS IS doing in 5~10 years

Meadows

Banned
The joke is too easy

Aye, but putting "Conservative voters for Theresa May" as the group name putting the ads out makes it look as if the Conservatives sent it out themselves.

If we want a proper democracy then there has to be proper sharing of information from both parties. This isn't a partisan issue and if we let it be then we'll all be fucked.

StayDead

That Conservative privatisation thing is some fake news ass shit. The watchdog needs to look into that - it's purposefully deceiving voters into sharing a campaign pledge that the Tories don't believe in.

Hahahahahahahaha.

The tories have been working towards privitising the NHS slowly since they got into power. Why do you think they put Jeremy Chunt in power of it.

What happens if May wins with a smaller majority than initially predicted?Will the Conservatives drop her?

Yes.

Personal opinion, but I cannot see them spinning that as a victory given the nature of this campaign.

She'll be gone, there'll be a leadership contest and we'll likely be at the polls again soon.

Zaph

Aye, but putting "Conservative voters for Theresa May" as the group name putting the ads out makes it look as if the Conservatives sent it out themselves.

If we want a proper democracy then there has to be proper sharing of information from both parties. This isn't a partisan issue and if we let it be then we'll all be fucked.

I completely agree, but the Tories took the front-man for one of the biggest lies in campaign history and made him Foreign Sec. I won't lose sleep over it.

Meadows

Banned
What happens if May wins with a smaller majority than initially predicted?Will the Conservatives drop her?

Hung parliament: She's gone
Wafer thin majority (less than 10): She's gone
Majority of 10-20: She won't go straight away but it will start to work behind the scenes
Majority of 20-30: She will go in around six months or so
Majority of 30-50: She will probably be OK but will be unlikely to stand at the next GE and will leave in 2020
Majority of 50+: She will be safe

Breakage

Yes.

Personal opinion, but I cannot see them spinning that as a victory given the nature of this campaign.

She'll be gone, there'll be a leadership contest and we'll likely be at the polls again soon.

Really? I never knew it worked like that. If that were to happen that'd be incredibly embarrassing for her especially after she decided to call the GE early.

Majority of 10-20: She won't go straight away but it will start to work behind the scenes
Majority of 30-50: She will probably be OK but will be unlikely to stand at the next GE and will leave in 2020

Oh, right that makes things a lot clearer. If she ends up walking I guess that will be the end of her career in terms of front line politics.

Really? I never knew it worked like that. If that were to happen that'd be incredibly embarrassing for her especially after she decided to call the GE early.

That's the thing. She called this election to try and strengthen her mandate, and a failure to improve her majority (or to increase it by a reasonable margin*) means that she has failed.

*reasonable margin is up for debate. Personally I'd say she's safe as long as she has a majority of 20+

Sounds about right to me. Fifty is probably a crucial number, and it's looking like it'll be around there.

That's the thing. She called this election to try and strengthen her mandate, and a failure to improve her majority (or to increase it by a reasonable margin*) means that she has failed.

*reasonable margin is up for debate. Personally I'd say she's safe as long as she has a majority of 20+

Nah 20 isn't enough imo. They already had a majority of 12. 20 isn't an appreciably increased majority, can't be spun as a "success" and shines a spotlight on the whole "completely pointless" aspect of the whole thing.

I genuinely don't believe we will have a NHS as we know it within 10 years if the conservatives win this election. It's simply not feasible to provide an adequate or safe service on the funding being supplied.

When are we gonna get some damn rules in place to stop these piece of shit news outlets printing straight up lies and passing them off as fact?

I know the answer is never but our media is one of the things that shames and angers me the most about this country

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
When are we gonna get some damn rules in place to stop these piece of shit news outlets printing straight up lies and passing them off as fact?

I know the answer is never but our media is one of the things that shames and angers me the most about this country

Sooner printed papers die out in the uk the better for everyone. Just full of lies, exaggerated stories and plain rabble rousing shite.

Ianan

Christ, there's a huge surgence of Tommy Robinson videos being shared by people who I always thought were normal, level headed people on my social media accounts. Really is shocking :(

Meadows

Banned
Yeah I just thought it was funny these posts happened so close together. Like the universe heard your cry and responded with a resounding "no"

haha

Christ, there's a huge surgence of Tommy Robinson videos being shared by people who I always thought were normal, level headed people on my social media accounts. Really is shocking :(

Guys, I don't want to alarm you all, but I don't think Ianan wants Britain for British.

Breakage

The social care policy stuff and the recent terror attacks can't have helped matters. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out.

sammex

Jon Snow‏
@jonsnowC4

In 7 General Elections as anchor @Channel4News, after weeks of requests,Theresa May is the first serving PM to refuse me an interview why?

Would've liked to have seen this. Shame.

WhatNXt

Honestly makes me want to go news agent to news agent stealing piles of the Sun to lay upon the greatest bonfire I can build.

Working for them should honestly be a personal hazard at this point. They are not representing the profession of journalism, they are SCUM.

The more worrying thing is that that cunt has distanced himself from the EDL, and is now masquerading as an 'investigative journalist'. Classic rebrand tactic to make his horrid views appear mainstream.

Honestly makes me want to go estate agent to estate agent stealing piles of the Sun to lay upon the greatest bonfire I can build.

Working for them should honestly be a personal hazard at this point. They are not representing the profession of journalism, they are SCUM.

Estate agents?

Ac30

Can't wait for the day that paper finally disappears from existence. That so many people still buy it and believe it's contents shows everything wrong with this country. It's continued existence is an affront to basic decency and morality.

I took on a plane from LHR and they gave me a choice of The Sun or the Daily Mail to read. Come on. I'm shocked they didn't throw in the Express for the holy trifecta of awful.

Feorax

I took on a plane from LHR and they gave me a choice of The Sun or the Daily Mail to read. Come on. I'm shocked they didn't throw in the Express for the holy trifecta of awful.

I'd have asked for a sack of shit instead.

I can't believe we're likely about to elect a prime minister that 2 days before an election has stated openly that she will quite happily strip away human rights in this country.

Can't wait for the day that paper finally disappears from existence. That so many people still buy it and believe it's contents shows everything wrong with this country. It's continued existence is an affront to basic decency and morality.
When you pay only 10p for 30 broadsheets of toxic paper you can't expect any more than losing your soul.

Jezbollah

Holy shit @ The Sun's front page. Its on the Telegraph front page too.

I was thinking a while back that we may see such a thing tomorrow.

E: Meadows posting just what I was about to look for after posting this :)

Feorax

I think the thing I'd love most about a Corbyn victory would be the headlines on Friday morning.

The idea of waking up and feeling like the country has got it right, I genuinely can't remember the last time I felt like that...

WhatNXt

The Sadiq Kahn video he has been pedalling lately is one of the most dangerous things I've ever seen. Zac Goldsmith's attacks were iffy, but this is something else. It appears to tie him directly to 9/11 and ISIS. Kahn did have a history as a human rights lawyer that meant he has represented people that have said shitty things or later went on to preach awful things, but to propagandise against him and make a sitting politician guilty by association, in this kind of climate - is very very dangerous. Tommy is the kind of person who would love to drive us down the path of Fox News-like Glenn Beck media hysterics.

King_Moc

Banned
All that sun story amounts to is that Corbyn (quite rightly) is pro-palestine, and that Choudary was at an event that he happened to be giving a speech at. What a pile of shit.

I bet Meadows doesn't pop in to say that the watchdog needs to look into this shite.

WhatNXt

Another positive if we somehow get a miracle and Corbyn forms a government would definitely be Corbyn fully implementing Leveson 1 & 2, and shutting down Murdoch's Sky bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom