• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Retailer GAME is dead | Brera's Lament

Status
Not open for further replies.

syoaran

Hopefully amazon.co.uk will update their site to reflect their access to the N7 bundle later today and i'll pre-order, but a big part of me is just considering buying the digital version....

Carbonox

And GAME/Gamestation are the only shops in UK that you can get the Collector's Edition from. :|

EDIT: Just saw that it could be made available elsewhere now cos of this.

Anyway, this is disgusting.

Omikaru

Should I make a new thread for this news? I'm not sure everyone who pre-ordered the ME3 limited edition is going to be necessarily interested in this thread.

winstano

Should I make a new thread for this news? I'm not sure everyone who pre-ordered the ME3 limited edition is going to be necessarily interested in this thread.

I was tempted to, but as a newbie I thought better of it... (Annoyingly, the EG link was my first post!)

I feel sorry for those who preordered the second it was available but aren't able to get online right now. Wonder if GAME are sending out emails explaining?

Given that you can still place a pre-order for the N7 on their website, I'm going to guess that they aren't sending out any information whatsoever.

winstano

Given that you can still place a pre-order for the N7 on their website, I'm going to guess that they aren't sending out any information whatsoever.

What a bunch of tools. I would be absolutely livid if I weren't a GAFer or happened to be looking at Eurogamer today! (and had an N7 edition ordered... I am sorely tempted now tho!)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Linkified

So wait the only website hat has the edition for sale is Shopto, that is owned by a crook and swindler who isn't allowed to be be in business. Great

*slow clap*

JordanKZ

Just an FYI: I've contacted Shopto's support and they're unable to 'upgrade' orders from the normal version (with the free t shirt :eek:) to the collectors edition... As I just tried to.

Carbonox

Zavvi have rectified their N7 Collector's Edition page and it now costs £65.95.

I already have an account on Zavvi so I'm tempted to stick with them, but then ShopTo interests me because I've heard great things about them and they deliver on release or even before. D:

Omikaru

I already have an account on Zavvi so I'm tempted to stick with them, but then ShopTo interests me because I've heard great things about them and they deliver on release or even before. D:

I ordered FFXIII-2 with them, and it arrived at my house on the Wednesday before release, which was before they'd even notified me that it shipped.

winstano

Dammit, I got a 10% off code from Zavvi this morning as well... N7 ed for under £60? TOO tempting!

This is really terrible news. A lot of people have preordered Mass Effect from our shop and I am NOT looking forward to apologising on behalf of the company and getting them their deposits back. Guess it's time to look for a new job. :(

Carbonox

I ordered FFXIII-2 with them, and it arrived at my house on the Wednesday before release, which was before they'd even notified me that it shipped.

Serious? Hahah that's awesome. I only ever had that happen to me once and that was with FIFA 12. Otherwise the rest of the game I get from them come on the Saturday or Monday. :\

I'm waiting on Amazon UK to get the Collector's Edition up on their page before I make the final decision on who to go with.

Donos

This is really terrible news. A lot of people have preordered Mass Effect from our shop and I am NOT looking forward to apologising on behalf of the company and getting them their deposits back. Guess it's time to look for a new job. :(
I hope you don't have Magazine racks. People get often personal but you just work there.

Sucks to hear this. I slag off Game a lot yeah, but for every stupid boardroom decision and arseholish employee, a couple of the nicer people lose their jobs too.

Linkified

Shame Amazon don't have it in stock and the only honest retailer after that is the Play.com but it will come a week after launch, if past stuff is to go by for DVDs.

Do you have anything to back this up or...?

In 2008, ShopTo had some problems that led to some of their customer's credit card details leaking out. This was never proven, but some people, including some Gaffer's had credit card problems around the time of the supposed leak, and swear ShopTo were the cause – some of these people had credit cards ONLY used on that site. ShopTo quickly fixed the flaw, and allowed PayPal to be used to make things even safer, but it was too late, and the site’s url got banned from NeoGAF.

I hope you don't have Magazine racks. People get often personal but you just work there.

To be honest, I'm the sort of person who's going to be agreeing with the customer. I would be mad as hell if a company is advertising exclusive pre-orders, has been reassuring customers they will have stock at launch and was planning to do some launch day event in-store; only for it all to be cancelled the week before. It's just ridiculous. I don't see how we are expected to keep customers after this. I know I wouldn't come back.

Psychotext said:
The way things are looking you may want to get on that sooner rather than later.

Yeah. Getting on it today...

Carbonox

Shame Amazon don't have it in stock and the only honest retailer after that is the Play.com but it will come a week after launch, if past stuff is to go by for DVDs.

Amazon should have it up at some point as they were listed in the article as one of the new recipients of CE stock.

I've just used up my reward points. Admittedly it meant I paid a bit over the odds for some XBL points... but I'd rather use it up than have it just disappear.

Linkified

Do you have anything to back this up or...?

This.

In 2008, ShopTo had some problems that led to some of their customer's credit card details leaking out. This was never proven, but some people, including some Gaffer's had credit card problems around the time of the supposed leak, and swear ShopTo were the cause – some of these people had credit cards ONLY used on that site. ShopTo quickly fixed the flaw, and allowed PayPal to be used to make things even safer, but it was too late, and the site’s url got banned from NeoGAF.

PaulLFC

So I guess this means they won't be stocking ME3, or the special edition of it? People were right to be worried, sorry guys :(

Game are well and truly nearing the end by the looks of it.

Linkified

Actually how can you change the delivery type on play.com, as it only says 3-5 days but I'm sure they did have an option for 2-3 days.

acm2000

its already be spoken about a gajilion times, the company that ran the c/c for shopto, got hacked, shopto swiftly ditched them, and use a new and better company, i got fraud on my card as a result of that, but i dealt with it, and moved on with my life, theyre the best etailer out there for uk

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
its already be spoken about a gajilion times, the company that ran the c/c for shopto, got hacked, shopto swiftly ditched them, and use a new and better company, i got fraud on my card as a result of that, but i dealt with it, and moved on with my life, theyre the best etailer out there for uk

Amen, brother.

Got £750 nicked off my card. Someone had a shopping spree at John Lewis and a night in a Holiday Inn at my expense, but I got my money back. ShopTo changed their card processing company and allowed Paypal.

Used them quite a few times since. Always so quick to dispatch.

Murkas

Can I check my points balance on their website?

Edit: Yes you can, £7.44.

What to kill it on? Probably PSN stuff, Escape Plan looks rather nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom