• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(UK) Theresa May to praise Donald Trump: "Britain and US can lead together again"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
These two are doing everything they can to ensure that the English language ceases to be the default language for global communication in the future.

Burai

shitonmychest57
But we don't vote for the PM we only vote for the party that is how the electoral system of governance works. The country voted Conservative though. The party selects the head.

To be fair Theresa May constantly goaded Gordon Brown saying that he didn't have a mandate and that he should do the decent thing and call an election.

So as far as I'm concerned people can give her as much shit as they want.

USA/UK to start forming like Voltron.

bingley-giggles.gif

Biske

Really talking about free markets and free trade.

Like for real? With Donald Trump as president.

Nothing means anything any more.

Trurl

Banned
As an American Theresa May can fuck off. There's a whole host of reasons to turn your back on us now,but I also want every country to show us to the wilderness to make our country expel the monster in the white house. You don't help leaders like Trump embed themselves. I know that she feels like she has to turn somewhere but the separation from Europe is self-inflicted so I have no sympathy.

Jezbollah

As an American Theresa May can fuck off. There's a whole host of reasons to turn your back on us now,but I also want every country to show us to the wilderness to make our country expel the monster in the white house. You don't help leaders like Trump embed themselves. I know that she feels like she has to turn somewhere but the separation from Europe is self-inflicted so I have no sympathy.

Not sure if serious..

Breakage

Man fuck this. I could sense the imperialistic undertones in her speech. Talking about the West being eclipsed by emerging naTions, references to the past, retaining power and influence, how western values will always prevail, "intervening" where our interests are concerned and to top it off she praised Trump's "victory". It's all there. Looks like the UK will be with the US, whatever happens.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck

Who the fuck wants to be like America or UK right now?! Lead what? HOW!?

a916

These fools realize that the history books will know what side you were on after right?

These people are going to be torched.

haxamin

Well that was interesting speech. Standing up for liberal interventionism,free trade, NATO, China, wanting the EU to succeed, warning against Russia. I wonder what Gaf thinks.

Oh lord never change.

suedester

Banned
Well that was interesting speech. Standing up for liberal interventionism,free trade, NATO, China, wanting the EU to succeed, warning against Russia. I wonder what Gaf thinks.

Oh lord never change.

GAF hates anything that isn't slightly to the right of Corbyn.

This won't end well for her. People are willing to vote Tory, but pallying up with Trump is going to bite her in the ass. People here think the guy is a joke.

sammex

Haha, yeah. Unfortunately that implies Theresa May is unwilling.

Well she originally was part of the rebel alliance, but the Empire won, encased Dave Camerolo in carbonite, so in disguise she travelled to Trump's palace to free a trade deal. Or something.

Er, in reality we're desperate and have little choice. We're ditching the EU and will do anything the Donald wants because it's that or the sarlac pit. I doubt she really wants to be sucking up to the wotsit coloured disaster.

Couldn't let America keep the dunce hat for long eh Theresa?

I feel sorry for my UK brothers for having a leader they didn't elect decide to willingly get into bed with Trump.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Trump's favorite British politician isn't Theresa May

Reagan loved Thatcher. Clinton was buddies with Blair. President Donald Trump has his own favorite British politician—but it’s not Prime Minister Theresa May, who he'll meet at the White House Friday.

Instead, Trump’s personal special relationship is with former UKIP leader Nigel Farage, who played a key role in the surprise success of the Brexit campaign last year and has been a vocal supporter of Trump, first as a candidate and now as president.

Along with sharing Trump’s nationalist outlook, Farage is the kind of cheerleader and loyalist the president favors. While he’s had no formal role in May’s visit—“Farage is not acting as an intermediary for the Prime Minister," a senior U.K. government source said—he’s got a direct line to Trump adviser Stephen Bannon.

The two spoke this week to prep the administration for the May visit, according to a person close to Trump. “Nigel is trying to be helpful to the administration, and Bannon respects his worldview,” the person said.

Everything sucks.

Maxim726X

Eh... I think people are reading a bit too much into this.

Looks to me like she's trying to appease his gigantic ego in hopes that he won't abandon NATO and the UN and completely fuck the EU over.

She really kinda has to say something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom