• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(UK) Theresa May to praise Donald Trump: "Britain and US can lead together again"

Status
Not open for further replies.
God listening to May just makes my blood boil, I'm so ashamed that my country can elect a group run by such despicable, lying pieces of shit.

haxamin

w69xNrs.jpg

Am I noticing a double standard here or..?

Audioboxer

Man, when Trump appears more charismatic than you, you know you dun goofed. May is just so damn upper class stiff British it is cringe worthy. Even Davey C had more charisma than her.

The whole thing appeared as empty words and saber rattling of "greatness". I don't know what I expected.

Breakage

Brexit shot itself in the foot.

They are now realizing their only partner is one who wants to crush trade deals all over the place. The more the UK tries to align with the US, the more it aligns with Trump's closed trade views. May is fucked.

Pro-exit = pro Trump and hence pro isolationism.
Yup, couldn't have picked a worse time to pull the plug on the EU.

Audioboxer

They certainly think alike. Gaslight the press, say nothing substantive.

But my inner thoughts are they hate each other lol. Or maybe I'm just projecting my hate on them thinking how can anyone like either... even themselves.

May's lack of charisma is just a nightmare though. Even the worst American politicians still have more charisma than the majority of British politicians. So stiff, hard, cold and awkward.

kharma45

Man, when Trump appears more charismatic than you, you know you dun goofed. May is just so damn upper class stiff British it is cringe worthy. Even Davey C had more charisma than her.

The whole thing appeared as empty words and saber rattling of "greatness". I don't know what I expected.

May isn't upper class. She's just not charismatic in any way shape or form.

Cameron on the other hand was a great orator, regardless of whether you agreed with him or not.

Heartfyre

When Caveman Met Wet Blanket.

God forbid she have an opinion on America-Mexico relations.

At least the questions were on point, though forced to be few. Frankly, no matter what you think of the two of them, I still think it must take some nerve to ask such biting questions to two world leaders.

He can't even remember what European country he did business with?

I think the only other golf resort he has in Europe is in Ireland. I wonder why he didn't want to name it? It just came off as awkward.

Temascos

Neo Member
Just watched a bit of it, having Trump answer for May is saddening and embarassing for the UK. I want that to be bought up in the next PMQs, come on Corbyn, it's an easy shot to take!

Audioboxer

Just watched a bit of it, having Trump answer for May is saddening and embarassing for the UK. I want that to be bought up in the next PMQs, come on Corbyn, it's an easy shot to take!

Yeah, Trump was doing the rabble-rousing "America number 1, we take no shit" while May was just sulking in the corner going "Yes, what Trump said". Okay, she's the guest so to speak, but her skills at speaking are pretty dire. As I said policies > charisma, but when you're shit at both it's a right car crash in motion. I think big Donald is a far more offensive politician than May overall, but when he is a more charismatic speaker than you, you're really shit on that level.

theaface

Let's be honest...
CorruptTotalCaiman.gif

PMQs should be above point-scoring and pithy put-downs but I suspect Corbyn will fail at even that. More likely that he'll go off on a tangent about an unrelated issue close to his heart, leaving the Tories smirking and bemused at the let off.

Let's be honest...
CorruptTotalCaiman.gif

PMQs should be above point-scoring and pithy put-downs but I suspect Corbyn will fail at even that. More likely that he'll go off on a tangent about an unrelated issue close to his heart, leaving the Tories smirking and bemused at the let off.

You haven't watched PMQs have you. Ever since Davey boy ran away she's been constantly on the ropes at every PMQs, Corbyn has made her look like a twat many times over. None of it matters because no one gives a shit about PMQs or facts or anything anymore.

Temascos

Neo Member
Yeah, Trump was doing the rabble-rousing "America number 1, we take no shit" while May was just sulking in the corner going "Yes, what Trump said". Okay, she's the guest so to speak, but her skills at speaking are pretty dire. As I said policies > charisma, but when you're shit at both it's a right car crash in motion. I think big Donald is a far more offensive politician than May overall, but when he is a more charismatic speaker than you, you're really shit on that level.

I know the UK isn't famed for having ultra-charismatic politicians but seriously, it was just pathetic to see someone who is a seasoned politician and freaking world leader get led by this lunatic.

I just got up to the part where it was confirmed that Trump is going to visit the UK later this year. Oh boy, I'm so joining in on any protests that make his life MISERABLE while he's in my country.

Audioboxer

You haven't watched PMQs have you. Ever since Davey boy ran away she's been constantly on the ropes at every PMQs, Corbyn has made her look like a twat many times over. None of it matters because no one gives a shit about PMQs or facts or anything anymore.

Corbyn would be best as a 2nd in command or just an outspoken MP. Labour need a better leader. In a way he is kind of like Salmond. Shit leader, but an MP with some decent enough opinions who is worth hearing. Labour need their own Sturgeon to make the party more "likeable" in the public eye.

Yes it sucks so much comes down to charisma these days, but it is what it is. People like charismatic people.

I know the UK isn't famed for having ultra-charismatic politicians but seriously, it was just pathetic to see someone who is a seasoned politician and freaking world leader get led by this lunatic.

I just got up to the part where it was confirmed that Trump is going to visit the UK later this year. Oh boy, I'm so joining in on any protests that make his life MISERABLE while he's in my country.

Pretty much.

IIRC the golf event he was at he mentioned was the one with the "Trump is a cunt" sign.

theaface

I've seen him land some jabs, but consistently fail to land a knockout blow. Whether in PMQs or not, he fails to seize the initiative and punish an incredibly inept government on a number of fronts. The open goal analogy is an apt one. An effective opposition leader would have capitalised on May's shambolic governance and torn to pieces almost every word she utters in public. Theresa May is many (awful) things, but on the ropes is not one of them. See the polls if you disagree.

Corbyn would be best as a 2nd in command or just an outspoken MP. Labour need a better leader. In a way he is kind of like Salmond. Shit leader, but an MP with some decent enough opinions who is worth hearing. Labour need their own Sturgeon to make the party more "likeable" in the public eye.

Yes it sucks so much comes down to charisma these days, but it is what it is. People like charismatic people.

Pretty much.

IIRC the golf event he was at he mentioned was the one with the "Trump is a cunt" sign.

It's a shame that politics is in such a sad state of affairs that Corbyn is the best of a bad bunch. There just isn't anyone out there that has the nous to get the job done.

It was nice having that initial rush of enthusiasm for Corbyn but his own party made sure to stop that in its tracks and their saviour was...Owen Smith. Fuck me.

I've seen him land some jabs, but consistently fail to land a knockout blow. Whether in PMQs or not, he fails to seize the initiative and punish an incredibly inept government on a number of fronts. The open goal analogy is an apt one. An effective opposition leader would have capitalised on May's shambolic governance and torn to pieces almost every word she utters in public. Theresa May is many (awful) things, but on the ropes is not one of them. See the polls if you disagree.

I've seen the polls and all it shows is that politics has gone to the dogs if that bumbling Myra Hindley lookalike can be seen as anything but a shite politician.

suedester

Banned

Holy shit, talk about rose tinted glasses. Corbyn is fucking useless at PMQs.

It's useless to stay on in that position.

I reckon he'll quit for some reason or another before the next general election but the Labour Party despite being the only party worth voting for are still in a terrible position and have been since 2010.

Marlenus

It's useless to stay on in that position.

Labour should present someone better than Owen bloody Smith then. I still cannot believe they let the Tories get off so lightly in the immediate aftermath of the Brexit vote by infighting rather than showing a united front against a party that was going through upheaval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom