• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0c_zaius

So I've been getting pretty solid with Firebrand, and now am thinking of adding Viewtiful Joe. but I'm wondering if that combo is horrible and what a good anchor for them would be.

I play on 360 and PS3... Why does the PS3 pad suck so badly!!! Im getting better... been forcing myself to play PS3 more than 360. WHY SO MANY DISCONNECTING RUNAWAY BITCHES ON PSN?! Damn. Don't go on ranked if you are gonna bail out...

I have yet to fight anyone without a star badge on the icon they use yet... unless it was a beginner...

I play on 360 and PS3... Why does the PS3 pad suck so badly!!! Im getting better... been forcing myself to play PS3 more than 360. WHY SO MANY DISCONNECTING RUNAWAY BITCHES ON PSN?! Damn. Don't go on ranked if you are gonna bail out...

I have yet to fight anyone without a star badge on the icon they use yet... unless it was a beginner...
I'm an 8th Lord, and I have not had one person on PSN ragequit on me in Ranked. What's your team?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Damn good matches, spin. Damn good. Tell me though, is my Ghost Rider/Sent strat too cheap-y? I dunno...

Sorry though, being summoned away from the TV for a bit. GGs though man. :D :D

Damn good matches, spin. Damn good. Tell me though, is my Ghost Rider/Sent strat too cheap-y? I dunno...

Sorry though, being summoned away from the TV for a bit. GGs though man. :D :D
Naw. It's not cheap at all. You zoned me out completely and I didn't know how to properly get in.

I'll learn how. u_u

GGs definitely though.

Does anyone have any advice for Wolverine's mission 10? After activating beserker charge i can land the first air combo but can't for the life of me get the next hits in, the dummy hits the ground to fast.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The first two costume packs are up on PSN. Don't think I'll be buying until the bundle comes out in March, though. $4 per pack is just too damn much for costumes.

I feel like I might be able to get okay at this game if only I could settle on a team. Easily the hardest part for me. I kinda like team Defenders since they're one of my favorite groups from 70s Marvel comics:
defenders009.jpg

A combo of Dr. Strange, Hawkeye and Hulk.

But I also really like Viewtiful Joe and Rocket Raccoon interests me even though he's really hard to play and man I'm just too indecisive for this stuff. I get paralyzed at the character select screen.

Really been enjoying Nova ever since I picked this up last week. Love his movement and his overall play style. Probably my favorite of the new characters.

Hey, be nice.

Any Skrull users here? Has he gotten better since Vanilla?

I play him a little bit. He's better if at the very least because of the air x-factor. I play him as anchor a lot of times and being able to x-factor in and out of Inferno is incredibly useful.

Hey, be nice.

Any Skrull users here? Has he gotten better since Vanilla?

I use Skrull on my main team. I love him with the buffs. Being able to Meteor Smash in the air is a HUGE PLUS. No longer am I left drifting down into my opponents grasp after accidentally air-dashing. Jumping S opens up a lot of people and ground bounces.

He still packs a huge punch. I can kill a Vergil in two combos. Using Skrull + Sentinel drones is a super easy way to open up opponents. If someone blocks the drones you can just command grab them and go to town. Needless to say, Phoenix Wright has trouble against Skrull.

I still need to practice more with his level 3, I've read it auto-tracks opponents. I haven't used it yet in ranked.

Zissou

No need.

The destruction of Smurf part one.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/300686947

Part two.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/300687620

That guy is really good. He was toying with GAF using Chris and just shooting at their shins and setting up traps.

T-minus 2-3 hours for PSN lobby.

Holy shit, you can use flight mode to do a second air photon shot with Doom! Why isn't this mentioned in the guide?

Well, SRK is down for some reason:

Anyone know how to achieve Dante's Ground Bounce from Sky Dance consistently?

I was trying to get the ground bounce consistently with sky dance as well, and I never had much luck. There doesn't seem to be much reason to use your groundbounce with skydance anyway, I guess.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think I only won like 4 games out of 30. But it feels so good since I'm doing better than I should for someone who doesn't know how to do my character's special moves.

Experienced more BS today in ranked. Someone tell me how Ghost Rider's eat chain plus taskmaster triple arrow assist ends up being unblockable. Im holding back the entire time and somehow if the eat chain whiffs, the arrows hit. If the arrows missed then eat chain would hit. I literally sat there just blocking and it connected everytime.

Cannot wait to get a 5 win streak and 50 wins so I can be done with online. Once I get a better conncection I'll be more than happy to play some more srubGAF every now and then.

Does anyone know if I were to make a lobby and just go afk if the game still counts that as time played online? There's no way Im gonna spend 30 hours playing online to get that trophy.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'd join Kadey's lobby, but Modern Family is going to start in an hour.

#NotsaltyoverlosingtoSeraphisCain

j9t8e.gif

I got blown up multiple times yesterday. "Just do it!"

Man, I'm so tired though. :lol Been up since like 4:30 in the morning. Still...

EDIT: Meh, can't seem to get the game to find Kadey's lobby, and I"m too tired to try further. I'll join up next time though.

EDIT: Meh, can't seem to get the game to find Kadey's lobby, and I"m too tired to try further. I'll join up next time though.

Set your search options to ANY for every field and you'll eventually find it.

Or, it could be full and that's why you didn't find it.

Fake Edit: WrestleGaffers in my Mahvel? Gtfo guys.

Experienced more BS today in ranked. Someone tell me how Ghost Rider's eat chain plus taskmaster triple arrow assist ends up being unblockable. Im holding back the entire time and somehow if the eat chain whiffs, the arrows hit. If the arrows missed then eat chain would hit. I literally sat there just blocking and it connected everytime.

Cannot wait to get a 5 win streak and 50 wins so I can be done with online. Once I get a better conncection I'll be more than happy to play some more srubGAF every now and then.

Does anyone know if I were to make a lobby and just go afk if the game still counts that as time played online? There's no way Im gonna spend 30 hours playing online to get that trophy.

Blocking is a droppable input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom