• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i don't know i haven't tried it too much. i'm not trying too hard to learn zero so i haven't given it enough lab time. it definitely will work if you time where they will flip their character. well except if they block your air throw.

MVC3 is the first fighter that I've played at this technical of a level, and there's still plenty of stuff I just haven't learned to do yet. I have no reset game aside from dropping a combo on accident and then hitting the guy again, and I'm only just now starting to incorporate air throws. It's intimidating to try and learn/incorporate all this stuff at once so I try to just focus on improving one skill at a time.

This buster self-relaunch stuff looks way too useful not to learn. It's like not knowing Wesker's gun -> cr.B link.

smurfx

get some go again
MVC3 is the first fighter that I've played at this technical of a level, and there's still plenty of stuff I just haven't learned to do yet. I have no reset game aside from dropping a combo on accident and then hitting the guy again, and I'm only just now starting to incorporate air throws. It's intimidating to try and learn/incorporate all this stuff at once so I try to just focus on improving one skill at a time.

This buster self-relaunch stuff looks way too useful not to learn. It's like not knowing Wesker's gun -> cr.B link.
yeah mvc3 is the first fighting game i've ever learned seriously. before this it was all casual fighter playing. mvc2 was all projectile spamming with cable/megaman/ryu. lol not much has changed i guess. :p

Degen

It's official... I'll be rotating between Ghost/Hulk/Taskmaster and Ghost/Hulk/Sentinel.

brb, pouring out some Mike's Hard Lemonade for Nemesis

Giard

Ok...I love Arthur. I know he sucks, but I like using him and I love his games.
So I thought I could use him as the second member I was looking for...
Cap/Arthur/Sent

Would that be godawful, or could it do the job? DHC and THC with Arthur seem pretty nice.
I'm using Fire Bottle assist.

I kinda wanted to use him as anchor, his X-Factor is so powerful. :p

GG's sixfortyfive. Worked me over again, never seen so many FeliciaCVs in my life. That Air Delta Kick seems to give Spidey some trouble, I'm the one who's supposed to patrol the air T_T Missed the air dash blocking during that set, haha. Gotta adjust and learn to play real defense. Need a wall of projectlies so your cat can't just keep jumping on my head. Nice job reading my web throw guesses and punishing hard, that meterless poison OTG bnb you've got going really stings.

Shoutouts to your little Zangief doing work too. Kitty Helper is great, and your Task/Hawk aren't slouches either.

I promise I can do real X-23 combos too. I was just on tilt from being blown up repeatedly :p

Edit: I guess I have a reason to learn Strider now. Vajra for people who can take to the air better than me now :(

ReiGun

So I've decided to spend some time learning the basics with every character in the game (working with Vanilla for now till I get Ultimate next week). Running Zero/Dante/Ammy in training mode and my word, Zero players. How can you stand doing these buster combos? My fingers are killing me me trying to slide them around to keep up a charge. lol

Anyway, I wanted to ask a noob question here: how does everyone here use training mode? Like, what sort of things do you do beyond just practicing combos. Any thing you would suggest I work on as I'm trying to learn these three?

So I've decided to spend some time learning the basics with every character in the game (working with Vanilla for now till I get Ultimate next week). Running Zero/Dante/Ammy in training mode and my word, Zero players. How can you stand doing these buster combos? My fingers are killing me me trying to slide them around to keep up a charge. lol
I pretty much just ignore L 90% of the time and use it for the buster.

Azure J

Is anyone else watching CrooCounter? Holy shit at all the smack talk towards Jago. :lol :lol :lol

Combofiend was going in. "I don't wanna play him, too boring/easy. [...] It's like... Would you want to see a football player punch a baby?"

Spruchy

Is anyone else watching CrooCounter? Holy shit at all the smack talk towards Jago. :lol :lol :lol

Combofiend was going in. "I don't wanna play him, too boring/easy. [...] It's like... Would you want to see a football player punch a baby?"

Yeah man, that was about real as the WWE.

Mike calling Jago "Stan" was hilarious as well :)

I really hope this match goes down.

Nert

Just used Viewtiful Joe's new dodge move to dodge a Gimlet, and then follow up with a kill, in a ranked match. Feelsgoodman.jpg

FSLink

Banned
Good games to everyone I played in the XBL lobby. Man Sixfortyfive, Felicia grab resets all over the place, poor Hawkeye couldn't do much with arrows and a cat lady in his face, haha.

Sorry I dropped guys, my internet is the fucking worst. 1 on 1 is fine but lobbies are unplayable for me and I didn't want everyone else to suffer :( Sucks too since the match was ok at first...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom