• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm ready for some Heroes and Hearlds DLC. I'm getting my ass kicked online and offline is boring. I hope that it really comes out to be a meaty and worthwhile experience.

Basic combo to practice Zero's OTG relaunch:

S ^ BBCS, land, jump, qcf+C, Buster, dp+A, S ^ BBCS, land, jump, qcf+C, Buster, dp+A

You can do a level 3 at the end of that if you want.

shaowebb

Stopped playing to start using my tablet for some pinup work. Look up and its 4 hours later...anything cool happen while I was out?

shaowebb

i learned a combo

Yay!
Most I did was try to pop online on ranked so I could get rid of that stupid amateur label already (been in lobbies or drawing too much to rank up).I really pity folks who just picked up Ultimate with no Vanilla experience. You can't trust your matchups just yet...I feel kind of guilty about some of the stupid shit I was doing to those guys to just grind out a new label next to my name. Its got to feel scary to pick up a game for the first time, go online, and then get introduced to Sentinel and Hulk armor. I was straight cheesin' on them.

Yay!
Most I did was try to pop online on ranked so I could get rid of that stupid amateur label already (been in lobbies or drawing too much to rank up).I really pity folks who just picked up Ultimate with no Vanilla experience. You can't trust your matchups just yet...I feel kind of guilty about some of the stupid shit I was doing to those guys to just grind out a new label next to my name. Its got to feel scary to pick up a game for the first time, go online, and then get introduced to Sentinel and Hulk armor. I was straight cheesin' on them.

Doing bullshit on noobs is the best.

Give me a little more time, and I'll be doing this Zero combo online. People will hurt.

shaowebb

All I did was stand there with drones called and watch them eat chip. They jump in and I'd either H or gamma tornado into combo and hyper. It wasn't even playing at times. Its funny for a bit, but I can't wait to rank up enough to get bodied outside of GAF lobbies because I enjoy a close match to a complete style fest when I face a human opponent. I like seeing setups, combo tech, and peoples playstyles come out full steam.

Still...seeing him try to jump and block on his third guy, eat a throw, and then sit paralyzed in the corner not sure what to do as drones flew over his head twice was pretty hilarious in hindsight.

shaowebb

seriously i am fucking good at this relaunch now

Um....I did a picture? *sheepish grin*

God Damn I never practice this game. I'll be playing pringles edition before I get lab time scheduled in. Oh well...at least it doesn't take a long combo to kill people with most of the cast I use anyways.

BTW Nova is good for any situation you face from what I've played and seen so far. I'm really questioning if he has any bad matchups.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
How do/can you punish Frank's normals on block? I fought this dude over 40 times and could not figure it out. I was trying with Nova and Ryu mainly. Also all his shit seemed to have priority over mine. Damn annoying.

Um....I did a picture? *sheepish grin*
I haven't taken it out of training mode yet.

How do/can you punish Frank's normals on block? I fought this dude over 40 times and could not figure it out. I was trying with Nova and Ryu mainly. Also all his shit seemed to have priority over mine. Damn annoying.

frank's normals are weird i swing my awesome green sword and he swings like a golf club and it works for some reason

Fuck it, I made a zoning team.

Dr. Strange (Eye of Agamoto)
Hulk (Anti-Air Gamma Charge)
Strider (Vajra)

So good. I learnt the Doctor Strange loop too. To bad he doesn't have great damage or meter building off his normals though :/

mr. puppy

Banned
so Combofiend dropped Nemesis for Nova....

also, dahbomb is alive and well on srk, heres his tier thoughts:

Hey guys first post on SRK. Same named person from NeoGAF.

Just wanted to say I love the tier discussion in this thread, some really insightful stuff is learned and shared like FlyingVe's stuff.

Since DevilJin posted his tier list I would comment on it by saying that I feel that Strider, Firebrand, Spencer and Wesker are S tier on that list. Firebrand particularly is definitely S tier as his unblockable shenanigans makes him a great character to welcome fresh characters. Strider on anchor with the Vajra is just too good and he himself is insanely good with safe full screen pressure and mix ups. Spencer is pretty much already covered... the faster zipline, Bionic Bomber etc. are very significant buffs to an already excellent character. Wesker is S tier for the same reason as Spencer only he is surprisingly effective at playing lame and his command throw is still an S tier tool (no other character in the S tier has a 1 frame command throw like Wesker). Wesker with assists is still a very dominant threat and the damage buff to him is significant as doing 600K+ meterless damage is nothing to sneeze at.

I have been in the lab intensively with Vergil and putting him to use in matches to great efficacy. He has some legitimate cheap stuff on him that once people see they will pull out their hair. Vergil's ability to put the match away with 2 meters against a final character is going to be something that people will talk about. Eventually once people learn him he will fall into a very flowchart pattern on point where he will do a cheap unblockable reset set up after a hard knockdown with like Nova assist and Spiral Swords. Kill next character with X factor and use 2 bars Storm Swords on final character to lock them and mix them which no one has been able to block consistently at anchor spot. Dark Vergil on anchor is basically just shy of Dark Phoenix shenanigans in terms of impossible to block left/rights (Strider/Firebrand are up there too). Vergil is a character where you should never be advance guarding him because there is never a situation where it would be advantageous to you especially if he is using Round Trip. Still though certain characters in S tier body NORMAL Vergil fairly well. I want to get some recording equipment going to showcase some of my technology with Vergil but I am afraid of the Capcom nerf bats.

Speaking of the A-B tiers, Wolverine is A tier at least. He can't mash cr.L's and his Berserker Slash isn't invincible but he can easily get in with an assist due to his speed and once he touches you it's the same old Wolverine. He is still able to end matches extremely quickly and I know for a fact that he can do at least one rep of the Fatal Claw loop. Frank West is another great candidate for A tier mostly because it's very easy to get him to the magical LVL4 (much easier than it's to get Wright to Turnabout). Once he gets to that he makes even the best of the S tiers shiver in fear.

In the lab with Iron Man too, I agree with some of the assessment here in that he gives a poor impression starting off but like vanilla Doom when you get into him he is way more solid than he appears.

I wish he would go back to Iron Man, at the moment that guy is potentially the biggest slept on character in the entire game and if Combofiend wants to show everyone the potential of slept on characters there isn't a better choice. Those complaining about his tridash and double jump nerf are missing out on a lot of new technology with his buffs.

so Combofiend dropped Nemesis for Nova....
Not surprising in the least.
Any talk about S tiers without Dr Doom is worthless.
Yep, he is way too good at everything now. The worst aspect about him is the fact that his midscreen combos require a bit of timing, but he is no Viper, M.O.D.O.K. or Ammy.
Doom is very very good, but that does not make him S tier.
He will be S tier after a couple of tournaments at worst.

I don't see how he could miss a spot in the top ten.

Grecco

Doom builds shit tons of meter, has some of the highest non meter damage combos, can start 800k+ combos from a hit confirm jump S, or a throw, can zone and melle, has 2 good assists, one of them being really good, and gets really good bonuses from lvl 3 xfactor. He can virtually slot in any team in any slot. If hes not S tier i dont know how you would define it then.

Grecco

Not surprising in the least.

Yep, he is way too good at everything now. The worst aspect about him is the fact that his midscreen combos require a bit of timing, but he is no Viper, M.O.D.O.K. or Ammy.

He will be S tier after a couple of tournaments at worst.

I don't see how he could miss a spot in the top ten.

Maybe yeah. But his corner loop is so stupid brain dead easy. He really is Dr Derp. Or maybe Derper Doom. eitherway, that jump S buff is so stupid.

USD

I finally got around to watching the tournament at Super Arcade on Saturday. Those Spencer comebacks I kept hearing about did not disappoint.

comebackfienda2fh4.gif

comebackfiend2iedie.gif

Doom builds shit tons of meter, has some of the highest non meter damage combos, can start 800k+ combos from a hit confirm jump S, or a throw, can zone and melle, has 2 good assists, one of them being really good, and gets really good bonuses from lvl 3 xfactor. He can virtually slot in any team in any slot. If hes not S tier i dont know how you would define it then.

He's also crap if you are not Clockw0rk, Timothy or DiosX. They haven't changed him that much from his vanilla days, just that they gave him a derp dive kick that is derp but abusing it can only get you so far. He's still one of the hardest characters in this game to use, and to master him involves more than just mastering his combos.

Grecco

He's also crap if you are not Clockw0rk, Timothy or DiosX. They haven't changed him that much from his vanilla days, just that they gave him a derp dive kick that is derp but abusing it can only get you so far.

I could say the same out of most top characters, Spencer is crap if you are not Combofiend, Viper is crap if you are not Marlinpie, ect. More people will pick him up now because hes so stupid. Viscant added him to his Pheonix team for instance.

I finally got around to watching the tournament at Super Arcade on Saturday. Those Spencer comebacks I kept hearing about did not disappoint.
You see, this is why I like to call him comebackfiend.

Because he makes comebacks, you see.

and Combofiend would be a misnomer in those matches because he dropped a lot of shit.

He's also crap if you are not Clockw0rk, Timothy or DiosX. They haven't changed him that much from his vanilla days, just that they gave him a derp dive kick that is derp but abusing it can only get you so far. He's still one of the hardest characters in this game to use, and to master him involves more than just mastering his combos.
l

o

l
Maybe yeah. But his corner loop is so stupid brain dead easy. He really is Dr Derp. Or maybe Derper Doom. eitherway, that jump S buff is so stupid.
That is why I specifically mentioned his midscreen combos. His corner game is absolutely ridiculous and it took me all of twenty minutes to land 650k+ combos using a single bar in the corner.

I definitely would've had him in one of my two teams in Ultimate. He is so good now that it is freaky. I wouldn't want to play a game where there are ten S tier characters that can make Ultimate Doom sweat.
As for his S dive kick being derp...compared to some of the things in this game, it's really not.
It really is. It is like Wolvie and Trish's divekick got together and had some mutant divekick child with no apparent weaknesses.

Bizazedo

I try hard to not put Doom on my teams and it just gets harder and harder to justify. The combination of very good assists + the fact he can take on so many people by himself is a pretty big +.

If I was better at handling him mid-screen, it'd be a foregone conclusion, he'd be in every team.

As for his S dive kick being derp...compared to some of the things in this game, it's really not.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Got to 7th Lord yesterday. Yay!

For some reason, I always get bent out of shape when I play Ranked (which is why I tend to not do it often). I play sloppier because I'm nervous, which is just silly of me. I've always been like that in Ranked fighting games, or matches where it "counts". Even in the arcade way back when.

Doom is a monster in this game. Not only does he have three of the best assists for team versatility, he's a beast on point now w/ mobility, damage, and divekick.

Grecco

l

o

l

That is why I specifically mentioned his midscreen combos. His corner game is absolutely ridiculous and it took me all of twenty minutes to land 650k+ combos using a single bar in the corner.

I definitely would've had him in one of my two teams in Ultimate. He is so good now that it is freaky. I wouldn't want to play a game where there are ten S tier characters that can make Ultimate Doom sweat.

It really is. It is like Wolvie and Trish's divekick got together and had some mutant divekick child with no apparent weaknesses.

I laughed. Then i cried because its so true.

Dirtbag

Dormamu has got to be in the A-tier discussion. He's a beast in this game.

Don't forget about Taskmaster and Hawkeye either, they are up there for certain. Hawkeye is a candidate for S-tier. Gimlet is probably the most useful hyper in the game.

Bizazedo

If it didn't bounce him up when it's blocked, I'd agree with you. But, it does, so no, it's not like Wolverine or Trish dive kick at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom