• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Alternate colour choices, this is where my Make Your Team guide comes in helpful, because it lists alternate colours inspired by EXILES, What If, Ultimate characters, everything you've listed there. Colours are in the same order as they are selectable in-game.

I tried doing this stuff in arcade mode, it doesn't work. So I'm only assuming it's online. Also, I thought the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes achievement had to be done IN space, which means I guess on the Sea of Space stage?
I beat Galactus with that team and got nothing ;_;

You meant Thor, Hawkeye and Cap America with Silver and Maroon Armors. If you did that then I think it might be for H x H mode.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You meant Thor, Hawkeye and Cap America with Silver and Maroon Armors. If you did that then I think it might be for H x H mode.
Well it says "Win a match", and all the titles above it have to do with XBL, and all those below have to do with H&H, except for the one right below it which is a Galactus mode title. But the guide briefly mentions these unique titles and doesn't associate them with H&H (as nothing in the guide does pertain to H&H, let alone revealing it's titles). That's how I deduced it having to do with winning matches online, and the fact that it didn't work in arcade or versus.

TGMIII

Pk57g.jpg
zsns5.jpghttp:
mJRZA.jpg

My team right now, still need to work on some focus attack set ups with round harvest and although I love mag I'm not too sure he fits the best with trish/viper but I'm still messing around with this team. I want to keep one of them at least and I'm leaning towards mag.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
is 1080p really worth it? doesnt umvc3 have a native res of 720p?

No. It's really not. Point I've been trying to make for a little while.

I noticed the Dreamhack GFs for AE were 1080p as well but it ran at like 20-30fps and the quality wasn't even on par with Sp00ky's 480p stream.

Bizazedo

I beat arcade mode with the team and that's the only way I know to fight on Galactus' stage. No title card :( So, H&H I guess?

As for Zero, amusingly, his Buster did charge quicker in vanilla.

To handle Zero, imo zone him. Both his teleports and air dashes are vulnerable. I think Taskmaster is really good against him, but again that's my opinion.

That and punish his lightning. If he doesn't hit the ground, he's vulnerable until he does so.

But yeah.....Zero is *really* good.

As for that two assist combo using like 4 lightnings.....Marn tried to do a lightning loop in tournaments several times and failed every time that I saw. I'd love to see it, but I don't consider that crap realistic for tourneys.

That being said, the youtube one does appear easier than the old one, but still.

I'm trying to learn Spider-Man, and I'm having serious troubles working the Spider-Sting into my combos. Half the time a web ball comes out or nothing happens.

I'm starting to doubt my cheap-ass arcade stick. I'm probably gonna wind up buying a Madcatz TE, and I'm probably gonna hate myself for it.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
that's how it should be.

I remember when he used to be able to just throw you straight into Final Justice.

This may be the 2nd best iteration of Cap in any fighter.

Agreed. I love me some cap. Also random tip for any strider players. The easiest way I've found to combo into legion from a combo that ends in an air S is to wait for the enemy character to stop ascending from the launcher. No idea why the hyper is so tricky to combo into but whatever.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Some guy lost to Smurf. Ragequit. Came back like 20 minutes later. Lost to KillaB. Ragequit again. LOL.

Oh. Apparently a 12 year old Jill user was beasting on Live GAF earlier. Missed it.

Of course the match where i decided to try to entertain and do a Hsein-Ko/Arthur/MODOK team, spectator mode would shit out. So sad, i actually wasn't doing too bad.

zlatko

Banned
Is that Nova infinite still in the game? I haven't had much in the way of online play, but I'm curious if that X factor level 3 loop "infinite" is there and working.

Nova has two XF3 loops. A lance loop that goes lance/launch over and over.

And his Centurion arts B loop since it ignores the groundbounce and just does it over and over and over.

Not joking.

His on point centurion art M does the same thing.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The only character i find annoying in the game so far is hawkeye. Derp derp arrow derp super derp relaunch derp whatever. Not hating. Just stating facts.

Playing against some dudes who are good, and my Sentinel team isn't cutting it. My original Zero/Wesker/Vergil is getting me some wins.

Yay I change teams like 3 times a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom