• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Someone indeed said this but there was nothing substantial, and I'm not sure how people deduced it either. If they could figure out that much, at least give us a model or something D:

I am fiending for that H&H release date...

Same here. I think I will play more on H and H than I do with UMVC3.

If they are, then they should able to find the models on the disc. GOGOGOGO DATA DIGGER! Find those models and show us the 3D character models.

I'm considering putting Morrigan on point. With Soul Drain, assists really do matter for her now, because they let her combo into it. I'm sure most assists make this possible, but some really, really basic combos to demonstrate the concept:
c.MH, f.H, j.MHS, s.M, call Dark Hole, s.H, qcf.S, qcf.AA - does about 520K damage
c.MH, f.H, j.MHS, call Sentinel Force, s.MH, qcf.S, qcf.AA - does about 550K damage IIRC

With the proper team, Morrigan might even be able to use two assists mid-combo and get multiple Soul Drains off. Both of these combos worked with Astral Vision up.

Also, its not a big deal, but call Sentinel Force, Soul Drain, Soul Drain combos - all of it.

Anyone else find any neat ways to combo into Soul Drain? I like the idea of completely starving my opponent of meter.

Grecco

And how do you obtain that?

Kadey or other streamers would probably know more about that than me. Seems like it involves either having a certain amount of viewers/viewcount/followers on your channel, or just being a famous pro player and being friends with Twitch.tv community guys.

After dedicating solid weeks to Skyrim, my MVC3 skills have been obliterated. I jumped in to Ult a week ago, but just put it in, and confirmed that I am much more inconsistent than I used to be even with my main team

Right now Nemesis is getting a lot of play, and I like Nova and Hawkeye, though I would have to spend time in the lab with them to "get" them.

Regardless, I'm on XBL now, Vagabond01

I always hear, "Born in December, You mean nothing to me!"

I always hear "More than the serum, you mean nothing to me!", although I think he says "Mortals are weak, you mean nothing to me!".

The fun part is that I never was able to make out what Doom says when he dies, I always heard a line cried in German (which is spoken in Latveria by the way), which would translate to "Now I'm dead".

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The latter is a huge benefit. Partner status means ads, ads means wtf. I'd like my stream to be ad free as much as possible but at the same time everybody should be able to watch it at the quality I want to broadcast, meaning very high.

It has it's benefits but overall I'm not all that thrilled with partner status. Don't care about making money or anything. It's just a thing for everybody to watch or play on. When it becomes a business, then I really do not want any part in it but I probably will have to in order to get that quality selection.

And once again, congrats to Seph, Cloud and Kars for doing their thing.

hDA5m.jpg

Whatever you decide to do, Kadey, I <3 you for everything, ads or not. :)
You do streams and tournaments (even with prizes!) and all... that's really awesome. Keeping that Mahvel GAF alive! :3

Also, if you do XBL, I'm gonna join. Hopefully, it's not gonna lag terribly, haw.

Zissou

I always hear "More than the serum, you mean nothing to me!", although I think he says "Mortals are weak, you mean nothing to me!".

The fun part is that I never was able to make out what Doom says when he dies, I always heard a line cried in German (which is spoken in Latveria by the way), which would translate to "Now I'm dead".

I've always heard "Zippity-Dooooom!"

The latter is a huge benefit. Partner status means ads, ads means wtf. I'd like my stream to be ad free as much as possible but at the same time everybody should be able to watch it at the quality I want to broadcast, meaning very high.

It has it's benefits but overall I'm not all that thrilled with partner status. Don't care about making money or anything. It's just a thing for everybody to watch or play on. When it becomes a business, then I really do not want any part in it but I probably will have to in order to get that quality selection.

hDA5m.jpg
Ooo, those look pretty neat - thanks!

ReiGun

To this day, I hear "Hope on the rain!" when Doom does ground Photon Array.

The worst is Dormmamu. I can never hear anything he says when he wins. He's all "It is I who will whisper whisper whisper."

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

hDA5m.jpg

You can choose when to run ads, can't you?

Anyways, congrats to Sephiroth, Cloudius and Karst!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ladies and Gentleman.... I've perfected someone online with Thor.

You read that right. I P'd on someone with Thor. Thank you good night.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Apparently there is a "Stream Monster" tag in the game.
I need to know how to get it.

Still no list of all tag requirements?

Anyone want to grind out the super unique ones on the third tab one day? (win using Avengers Mightiest Heroes in space, using what if/exiles characters on days of future past, etc.)

Grecco

Apparently there is a "Stream Monster" tag in the game.

Which i desire greatly.

I need to know how to get it.

Still no list of all tag requirements?

Anyone want to grind out the super unique ones on the third tab one day? (win using Avengers Mightiest Heroes in space, using what if/exiles characters on days of future past, etc.)

If you ask me the greatest faliure of the new teastament by the lord brady games, is the fact that they removed the titles/icons

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Likely your end. It's fine by what I can see.

4aWcY.png

I think I did upgrade the quality since you last were in the stream.

I think 1000 is the magic number for quality controls. Chances are very good when it reaches that number.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Mixing/editing could be a little better, but I liked it.

I'm enough of an achievement whore to be up for this. Just drop me a message when you see me on.

If you ask me the greatest faliure of the new teastament by the lord brady games, is the fact that they removed the titles/icons
Not really, considering that they didn't list anything that the game itself didn't already provide.

Likely your end. It's fine by what I can see.

4aWcY.png

I think I did upgrade the quality since you last were in the stream.

I think 1000 is the magic number for quality controls. Chances are very good when it reaches that number.
Ah. If you upgraded the quality, then it's probably too much for my computer to handle. 'Twas fun.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
While we're on the subject, what team compositions would actually meet the following criteria?

- win @ Days of Future Past with 3 Age of Apocalypse / Age of X costumes
- win with 3 costumes inspired by other characters
- win with 3 costumes inspired by space episodes of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
- win @ a Capcom stage with 3 costumes inspired by EXILES or WHAT IF?
- win with 3 outfits inspired by the Ultimate universe

Do you have to pick up DLC outfits for these or can they be done with just alternate color choices?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm a perfectionist. Yeah, not all streams run or look the same despite resolution. I always go for the the least amount of pixelation, artifacts and muddy textures. If I see any, I get rid of it somehow. It's the same deal with Sp00ky, he'll go lower res over a much higher res with those any day.

A new equipment will make the stream even cleaner than it already is and I need one more item to do my dual lobby streaming. PSN and Live GAF at the same time.

Yeah. I think the stream monster title probably is unlocked if you stay in the lobby and not play any matches for a certain amount of time. If that's the case, I should probably be getting it faster than anybody since I rarely play any matches but just host lobbies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
While we're on the subject, what team compositions would actually meet the following criteria?

- win @ Days of Future Past with 3 Age of Apocalypse / Age of X costumes
- win with 3 costumes inspired by other characters
- win with 3 costumes inspired by space episodes of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
- win @ a Capcom stage with 3 costumes inspired by EXILES or WHAT IF?
- win with 3 outfits inspired by the Ultimate universe

Do you have to pick up DLC outfits for these or can they be done with just alternate color choices?
Alternate colour choices, this is where my Make Your Team guide comes in helpful, because it lists alternate colours inspired by EXILES, What If, Ultimate characters, everything you've listed there. Colours are in the same order as they are selectable in-game.

I tried doing this stuff in arcade mode, it doesn't work. So I'm only assuming it's online. Also, I thought the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes achievement had to be done IN space, which means I guess on the Sea of Space stage?
I beat Galactus with that team and got nothing ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom