• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
222px-The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png
Dear god. Cannot unassociate.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The better SolarPowered on stream right now.

Real talk though, dude is doing really well with this Wesker/Mei-Ling combo, which is is pretty damn good.

You have to combine him with an assist that makes Charging Star H 100% safe and lets him combo from it. No one is doing this, though, luckily. It has huge priority and gets him right in there for pressure and mix-ups.
that's old tech. honestly cap didn't even really get huge buffs. the only reason people are loving cap so much now is because he has abc combos now. i honestly don't know how we went from "cap has infinite but haha he still sucks" to "cap has otg now omg hes gdlk".

hulk's buffs were way more significant than cap's tbh.

i don't know how people feel about the changes of iron man. but unless you say that he was significantly nerfed, theres no way you're going to tell me that im>cap in vanilla but cap>im in umvc3.

Axis

ggs choco and nikashi...so rusty.

also lol@marlin using my vanilla team of viper/doom/ammy!

i knew i got something right in team synergy at least

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
YO DAMN I DID NOT KNOW TELEPORT BLOW UP FOR DEADPOOL OTG'D AND YOU COULD COMBO OFF OF IT

GOD DAMN

#thankyoubasedquotes

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We need to make a new tier list where we had cap's shield, bionic arm, etc. and this time include GR's motorcycle and RR's trap hyper.

seriously i can't pick a third dude. i play zero obviously cause he's my dude. i play wesker obviously cause if you're not using wesker you're doing it wrong. but who should my third dude be

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Anyone know how to do the Strider/Morrigan glitch. Want to see the character models from the front. Also I heard it doesn't work on the PS3 version, is this true?

Axis

seriously i can't pick a third dude. i play zero obviously cause he's my dude. i play wesker obviously cause if you're not using wesker you're doing it wrong. but who should my third dude be

jam session is really good for zero, isn't it?

try to pick something that could cover his approach

dankir

Wesker should be your third dude. Get a big dude like Hulk / Nemesis as your first dude.

Azure J

We need to make a new tier list where we had cap's shield, bionic arm, etc. and this time include GR's motorcycle and RR's trap hyper.

Oh man, I forgot about this. :lol

It's probably because DY_Nasty wasn't around to comment on Cap's shield enough from urley Mahvel.

Wesker should be your third dude. Get a big dude like Hulk / Nemesis as your first dude.

Well yeah. So far I've been mostly playing Wesker second, but it's looking like he's supposed to be anchor. I'll probably run Zero/something/Wesker or something/Zero/Wesker. Hulk and Nemesis are both on the list of maybes. My Zero keepaway is actually kind of decent, and Hulk AA or Nemesis armor assist could probably help with that. And both Hulk and Nemesis benefit from Wesker assist...

Axis

It's supposed to be. I never really learned how to use Dante though.

I don't like using Doom. Fucker is hard. I even know how to do his loops and he still feels awkward as shit.

not sure who you've tried out but magneto, iron man, taskmaster? not sure

figure out what makes zero work best since he's possibly the best char in the game and enjoy it ^_^

not sure who you've tried out but magneto, iron man, taskmaster? not sure

figure out what makes zero work best since he's possibly the best char in the game and enjoy it ^_^

Well my main team so far in ultimate has been Zero/Wesker/Vergil. I do OK with it, but I don't know if I want to stick with Vergil long term, and the team lacks a great assist for Zero. I've tried Zero/Wesker/Doom, but like I said I'm not feeling Doom. I also ran Zero/Wesker/Phoenix (Jean) a little, and generally won with it despite knowing jack about how to play Phoenix. I played Zero/Wesker/Sent a little, which roflstomps other scrubs but dies to people who know what they're doing. Also considered Zero/Spencer/Wesker but haven't fully gotten the hang of Spencer yet.

Obviously I have no qualms about playing cheap characters. I'm ass at this game and I'll take every advantage I can get.

Axis

Well my main team so far in ultimate has been Zero/Wesker/Vergil. I do OK with it, but I don't know if I want to stick with Vergil long term, and the team lacks a great assist for Zero. I've tried Zero/Wesker/Doom, but like I said I'm not feeling Doom. I also ran Zero/Wesker/Phoenix (Jean) a little, and generally won with it despite knowing jack about how to play Phoenix. I played Zero/Wesker/Sent a little, which roflstomps other scrubs but dies to people who know what they're doing. Also considered Zero/Spencer/Wesker but haven't fully gotten the hang of Spencer yet.

Obviously I have no qualms about playing cheap characters. I'm ass at this game and I'll take every advantage I can get.

try a beam assist to cover zero. or if you like dr strange...he has a good beam assist and eye of avacado is fucking DUMB...soooo dumb. :(

try a beam assist to cover zero. or if you like dr strange...he has a good beam assist and eye of avacado is fucking DUMB...soooo dumb. :(

Yeah, I've heard Strange and Zero have some synergy. I'd have to learn Strange though.

Messing around with Nemesis at the moment.

shaowebb

Had to stop by and thank everyone for the surveys they did.

Just got my score back from my statistics teacher. Perfect scored my final. She had me cut all the per character stuff that I was working on which is how the report got trimmed down to 19 pages from 25, but my tables on standard deviation, box and whisker tier plots, and variance findings along with frequency listing for the cast really blew her away.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with my Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 survey. The end results of all those hours was enough to impress an ex-Nasa statistician. Guess that means I got a new trick to throw in front of a publisher in a year :D

I seriously want to set up an online calculator to do this for me in the future that will draw in my box and whisker plots on the fly for votes once a month with results for fans to look over on these fighting games eventually. This way fans can vote the tiers once a month and we can see how cast rise and fall based off of new tech. Maybe someday.

Axis

That's the plan. I don't like running pure "assist characters" though. I want to run a good assist that I can also use decently on point. So yeah maybe Nemesis, maybe some other dude.

yeah, i didn't mean it like that. i just meant a REALLY good assist that could allow you to get zero's left-right game going safely but could also be used if zero goes down. zero builds meter like a champ anyway so someone who could take advantage of it would be good just in case ^_^

yeah, i didn't mean it like that. i just meant a REALLY good assist that could allow you to get zero's left-right game going safely but could also be used if zero goes down.
Yeah, I mean running an assist character like Haggar is a totally legit strategy, but I just don't like doing it. I prefer to avoid the frustrating situations where only your assist character is left alive.

An assist like Sentinel drones or Doom plasma beam would be great for Zero's mixup game, but I'm ass with those characters on point. Also I mostly play online, so that's points against guys like Magneto and Doom who need execution.

zero builds meter like a champ anyway so someone who could take advantage of it would be good just in case ^_^
That's pretty much why I thought a Jean Grey team might be viable. Strider's a possibility as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom