• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
..man, I mostly post from my iPhone all day so when I get home and open my browser, and see I left off arguing with Dahbomb about Vergils being formulaic last time I was on my PC which I felt was eons ago, it amazes me how much of my life I waste on GAF.

/feelsbadman

Dahbomb

It's like someone mentioned before that it seems they improved most character's abilities as point characters
Agreed and you can add Haggar to list of characters who they want you to be playing on point.

Iron Man on point or 2nd is really good but then you miss out on his Unibeam assist. It really feels like the nerfed his air dashes so you would an excuse to play him up the order and buff his specials so you get way more damage with assists. Spencer feels the same way. Iron Man on anchor is just really bad because if you are left trying to make a comeback with IM it's not going to work with characters like Hawkeye in the game.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Lobby is happenin. http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe

It seems to be a win here and there and a lose here and there.

I guess nobody on Marvel can ever enter the record books.

I settled with Vergil, Cap and Good ol Ryu. Don't know how good they are together but I have fun using them the most.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oooo, how do we get in on the lobby?

EDIT: I just joined via search. Is that okay? I can quit if you were waiting for someone else to fill the slot.

I've been using Ryu since SF. Vergil is hot so I'll always use him. Cap because Chris Evans is hot.

I see you using the Cap alt and it makes me wish you would use the Ryu alt too. :)

If I rocked Ryu as a staple in my team, I'd buy the old costume pack immediately, just for that one. It probably confuses a lot of people. :lol

Degen

Shoutouts to PSN player "TheDecline" for sending trash talk after every match whether he wins or loses.

Just like he did in SSF4. :lol

How the hell is Captain America in the same tier as Wesker and Spencer? He's good but not that good.
You have to combine him with an assist that makes Charging Star H 100% safe and lets him combo from it. No one is doing this, though, luckily. It has huge priority and gets him right in there for pressure and mix-ups.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have all the alts for PSN but only the GS preorder for Live.

Oh today only. Get a 30 game win streak and get 1600 Live points.

koryuken

The more I play Vergil the more I believe he is the best at 2nd spot. Rapid Slash assist is really good for corner mix ups, lock-down and for keep away the push-back from the assist is the best in the game. Spiral Swords DHC do a ton of damage and basically allow Vergil to function at his best... when he is hitting and mix up opponents while burning meter.

I totally agree that Vergil is best at 2nd, but I really disagree with almost everyone that rapid slash is his best assist. There is some serious start up, it is completely vulnerable, it pushes opponents away (bad for when I am rushing with Wesker), it sucks for combo continuation (opponents go up very high and cannot follow up reliably), and the cross-up factor is mostly lost since you just block away from the point character.

The "Orb assist" (ie judgement cut) on the other hand is godlike.

1) It is a safer than rapid slash. Vergil comes out and leaves very quickly.
2) The recharge time is super fast. It charges like 50% faster than slash, giving you the ability to use it more frequently.
3) It nullifies projectiles completely and stays on screen for a bit. ie - I have seen it nullify all 3 sent drones.
4) It can easily be used for assist relaunch combos mid-screen. Rapid slash is very hard to follow up.
5) It causes a lot of block-stun -- this is what makes it godlike in my opinion.
6) Bonus points -- it can be hard to see onscreen as the opponent is coming in.

On an incoming character I like to call the orb assist -- they get hit with the orb while in the air. You can set up a guessing game where you will tb behind them (wesker) or wave dash under/behind/front while they are in block-stun midair. I usually go for the behind them first -- seems to be the most effective.

Neki

99% of the time online, the cross-up is always the most effective way to get in, because people can't block. that's why cross ups are so effective.

koryuken

99% of the time online, the cross-up is always the most effective way to get in, because people can't block. that's why cross ups are so effective.

To be fair, in an online environment it is a bit harder to react to things. I always go for the cross up first, see how the opponent reacts, and then go from there. If they keep blocking cross ups, I will go for fake cross ups, etc.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Fubar is a god in human form. Kinda like Thor except not dorky looking and he doesn't carry around a slab of rock on a stick.

zlatko

Banned
I've been thinking of playing as him, if only to better understand how to deal with him in matches.

He's one of the best characters in the game. I have him on anchor most games, but he can work in any 3 spots. It's just with him as anchor your chip damage is insane, and Gimlet is tons of damage and a quick punish .

Look at that creeper stare.
Fubarduck.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I dont know why, but i hate jaxel. Every time he talks it makes me angry.
He's a character. Well, at least I look at it that way, or else everything he says is condescending or has a "your a retard" kind of tone to it haha

EDIT:
*Nemesis level 3*
Mr. Quotes: "Oh shit, he got hit with the Rule 34"

ahahahahahaaa

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is the best RR play I've seen. Not that that's saying much considering how many RR players there are, but it's pretty impressive. Always loved Quotes' play.

That instant overhead was sick.

EDIT: ^ agreed.

El Sloth

Banned
I heard that Ryan Hunters been playing some Doc Strange? Anyone know where I can find some vids if him playing?

Any good Ghostrider stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom