• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't played this game for more than a couple hours but I love reading this thread, the strategy guide, watching the Wednesday fight nights and tourneys.

I guess I am a stream monster.

zlatko

Banned
alright if your name isn't ChrisG or Combofiend, wtf is Hawkeye supposed to do against Teleporters? St.B?

Jump back H, or rush them down. If the teleport character is coming in, try to set up some explosive arrows, and dash yourself on top of them. If they tele during that start time to you, odds are they will get blown up even if they got a confirm going, and then you can follow your own combo off the explosive arrow. I do a lot of intentional baiting for the teleport, so I can punish their whiffed normals after the teleport if possible. Just don't put yourself in the corner.

Another good thing to do of course is Gimlet punish them. If you see their team has a teleport character, then you may want to start snapping them in ASAP in fights so Hawkeye never has to deal with them to begin with.

mr. puppy

Banned
Jump back H, or rush them down. If the teleport character is coming in, try to set up some explosive arrows, and dash yourself on top of them. If they tele during that start time to you, odds are they will get blown up even if they got a confirm going, and then you can follow your own combo off the explosive arrow. I do a lot of intentional baiting for the teleport, so I can punish their whiffed normals after the teleport if possible. Just don't put yourself in the corner.

Another good thing to do of course is Gimlet punish them. If you see their team has a teleport character, then you may want to start snapping them in ASAP in fights so Hawkeye never has to deal with them to begin with.

i'm not seeing explosive arrows as an option unless they're jumping in, they're trying to get it on you. unless by coming in you mean when they join the match and not rushing down.

Jump back H will basically be an option select then right?

zlatko

Banned
i'm not seeing explosive arrows as an option unless they're jumping in, they're trying to get it on you. unless by coming in you mean when they join the match and not rushing down.

Jump back H will basically be an option select then right?

I meant as in if you just killed a character, and they are coming in off screen.

Is Hawkeye your on point character? The only "teleport" character that has given me problems as Hawkeye is Zero.

Wesker, Dorm, Dante, Vergil, etc all are free if they are just moving forward and inputting their teleports.

My whole strategy is just doing jump back H's, and as you fall down asses the situation to you either shoot a triple burst/hit stand H/jump forward and H, Gimlet punish/slide H.

Give it a whirl yourself, and if you have some good assists they can help you out too. Like Sent drones or doom missles. For me, I have Nova over head assist, and if they get close for a block string I can usually call him in, while I do slide and it will open them up.

We're still here atm. Probably for foreseeable future too. Dunno when I'm gonna leave.

Also, apologies to Chocopolka. I got your message but I was out of the room, I just checked now D:

At least you got into the lobby. But yeah sorry again.

Is the room full? I sent a message a second ago.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is the room full? I sent a message a second ago.
No, not at all. I just sent you an invite.

I'll be leaving the lobby soon since I'm lagging hard because my brother is streaming a movie or some shit -.-'

EDIT: I don't know what's up with the invites man, but I'm leaving the lobby. Send Nils (NAFLA) or IntelliHeath a message to see if you can get in.

shaowebb

So has anyone besides me ran into that crazy Rocket Raccoon/MODOK/Storm team user yet? He was a 6th lord yesterday.

Its looking like those MODOK setups work for about anyone from what I'm seeing online from Jamming Bomb assist users. Hell I just caught up on max's videos and some dude used the assist on him pretty good too (though mainly to control space which the raccoon did on his own).

Raccoon was hype. I so hope to hear more tales of folks running into this guy's team.

I literally have only played 3 other Raccoons that aren't me, and none of them were him. One was using him with Iron Man's Unibeam assist and kicked my ass badly, the other was ok but didn't do anything impressive, and the last one was the incredibly laggy French guy in Kadey's lobby that we all assume uses simple mode :|

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that was you then. We were the last men standing.

MrDaravon

I am garbage, and just went 0 and 5 against a dude in my first match on XBL who was destroying me with Phoenix Wright. How exactly do I get in the GAF lobby so I can at least get destroyed by GAFers?

Solune

I think viper's burn kick does, but there may be others.

Actually that's the thing, there aren't that many, especially when considering OTGs. There's Nova, Akuma, Iron Fist, and Viper that I remember anyways. Anyone know if Nemesis' Slam is overhead?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, GGs then. Your Dormammu and Taskmaster are pretty scary.

Thanks. Kept getting opened up by Frank's lows or overheads near the end and my Nova was getting a bit too predictable.

Dahbomb

Man I am so glad I stayed up to watch BarFights live.... one of the most hype experiences in recent memory for me pertaining to Marvel.

And yeah it doesn't appear to be archived. Seems like CC is going to sell the footage for profit... again. At it's peak the viewers eclipsed 20K for the event. Sucks for those who missed it... seriously.

So SCR and H&H patch in coming for Marvel.

And I am down for a ChrisG vs Combofiend Exhibition FT7 match at SCR sponsored by NeoGAF. I would pay to watch that shit.

Giard

I managed to get into Kadey's 360 lobby easily, what's going on.

the_log_troll, we had a troll just like that in our basement when I was young. Memories.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man I am so glad I stayed up to watch BarFights live.... one of the most hype experiences in recent memory for me pertaining to Marvel.

And yeah it doesn't appear to be archived. Seems like CC is going to sell the footage for profit... again. At it's peak the viewers eclipsed 20K for the event. Sucks for those who missed it... seriously.

So SCR and H&H patch in coming for Marvel.

And I am down for a ChrisG vs Combofiend Exhibition FT7 match at SCR sponsored by NeoGAF. I would pay to watch that shit.
If you head to the BarFights thread, you can download via the direct links to the Twitch.tv archive which is otherwise inaccessible while you can. It's still on their servers, just hidden.

Gootecks was just on MLG Live, and although he danced around it quite well, he said it'll be packaged and put out soon, they're working on it now. TBH, I have no problem with them selling the footage. Yeah, it's much better if it's freely available, but the production value and what they do is pretty damn good and in many cases far ahead of anyone else, so more power to them if it means we get more A-class events of the sort.

Zissou

They should have the stream archives freely available, but sell the matches in HD along with their interviews with the players and other stuff that happened off-stream.

Dahbomb

Trade Combo for someone else.

Combofiend HAS to be at SCR. He needs to be at the first SCR featuring Marvel. That's a major hype deflator. It's like NEC without ChrisG...

Dahbomb

There's a good chance someone at EC might take SCR.

And the legendary salt that will be flow from it will be delicious. Possible end of an era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom