• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Not Haggar or Hulk.

:p Your Hulk/Haggar/Wesker team was pretty terrifying to fight against.

I can say that your Shuma + Ammy was pretty fun to watch.

That one trapped my Dormammu in the corner so hard only to get hit by a low in the middle of the assist time after time.

Dahbomb

Justin got bodied at NEC by the the guys who took #1 and #2 at NEC... ChrisG and PRBalrog. And they will be at SCR apparently plus Flocker who has yet to enter a major but his Zero looks godly as always.

http://www.twitch.tv/optionselect <-- Live for those who want to see some nice Marvel play

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
@IntelliHeath

I liked your Haggar/Hulk/Wesker combination. Just gotta get those combos down. Drop Strange. Depends on how comfortable you are with Haggar though, some of those relaunches are tricky, and it may just be online, but you gotta get those combos down pact. The only way I survived or even won any matches against you was because your Haggar dropped the soap, and gave me second or third chances. Perhaps not even go for those extended relaunches and just complete them with a super earlier to avoid latency fucking you up.

Part of the reason why I was dropping Ryu BnBs everywhere is I keep going for those wallbounce combos and kept dropping the inputs. I have a much more damaging Iron Fist BnB that I made that I just don't try to use online because I know I'll fuck it up heavy. Actually, I don't use it at all, come to think of it. I'm a training mode monster :/

I wish I could have stayed longer in the session but I decided to quit out rather than subject y'all to the lag which was getting pretty bad. GG, all. My favourite part was beating Nils' Nova with my Iron Man, just to get that win quote I love so much. :p

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
@IntelliHeath]

I wish I could have stayed longer in the session but I decided to quit out rather than subject y'all to the lag which was getting pretty bad. GG, all. My favourite part was beating Nils' Nova with my Iron Man, just to get that win quote I love so much. :p

Thought the Supernova would kill, turned out you had a magic pixel left. Ramdomly threw out Javelin thinking you wouldn't see it in the air. Sodiumchloride.

Hmm, I want to try out a team of Rocket Raccon/Frank West/Amaterasu. RR is first because I want Frank's cart assist for him, and if I put Frank first, THCing to lv up just won't work with RR unless I spent 3 meter to call Ammy too (fount out the hard way -.-). Ammy as anchor as usual.

How does the team sound?

Dahbomb

combofiend tweeted that he got all of his nova tech from this youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/jhvidst2?feature=watch

theres some really awesome stuff on there 0_0
Yeah that's FlyingVe's channel from SRK. He puts out a lot of tech for various characters.

He is working on RR next. Says he has some stupid tech on that character as well.

More failing on JChen/David's part on commentary. The Nova/Spencer tech was figured out by this guy and put on the front page of SRK like weeks ago. It's a great reset tech but Combofiend wasn't the one who found it out obviously. Still good shit on Combo on utilizing tech found... UNLIKE other "pro" players who don't bother with stuff on SRK.

I can see why they would be fooled, though. That Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye setup probably has the most refined team tech/synergy of any top team. And that Spencer wire grapple assist into Nova's crumple is so shades of She-Hulk(;_;).

mr. puppy

Banned
. Still good shit on Combo on utilizing tech found... UNLIKE other "pro" players who don't bother with stuff on SRK.

well, with the fact that they're all finally realizing they can make a lot of money by streaming, which will make them interact with the community more, i'm sure they'll start getting linked to cool new tech and stuff.

I can see why they would be fooled, though. That Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye setup probably has the most refined team tech/synergy of any top team. And that Spencer wire grapple assist into Nova's crumple is so shades of She-Hulk(;_;).

yeah....some of the new characters are so complicated and odd that they won't get figured out for months, and by then Combofiend really will have made this team his own instead of just using what that dude found

shaowebb

I've been looking around online to see if maybe that RR/MODOK/Storm team had vids or something to no avail to show off the guy's stuff. No dice. However, I did find this video of a combo that looks a LOT like one he used. The only difference is that near the end after MR. Flapper (beartrap) he had a freakin' jamming bomb for me to land on which gave him a reset to do what looked like a combo that was heavily reliant on dashing forward or something to stay in like Magneto's air H combo that chases them to the corner. I think it was RR's jumping H on the way up with the knife followed by some kind of grenade as he went down so maybe S or down S. He hopped around a lot during it.

Here's the combo I think he extended using jamming bomb on me for a reset

Shit was swag. If I see this guy again I'll friend request him to try and learn from him. If anyone finds someone they think is the guy send me a name because I was blown away.

Dahbomb

Maybe he won't play a character he thinks is low tier this time
He doesn't think he's low tier, that's what JChen said (It's JChen lol).

Iron Fist is around mid tier in this game and with a team built around him he's a threat just like the rest of the mid tiers. He makes advance guard look like a joke even through Justin wasn't even using rekka karas. He's a TOD character and he can get in easier than most people think he can plus he can stick on you. His problem is against the aerial characters in the game but even so... no character in the game can stay in the air indefinitely and when they come down they have to deal with a mix up from IF. Justin showed some instant overhead technology with the character and it looks like it works on anyone from Dormammu on up (works on Strange too).

Also Justin played his Wesker team and got beat at NEC. He played his Wolverine team and got beat too. While I don't think his IF team is as strong as those teams... I still think he has work cut out for him at SCR. But I liked the skill on display from him. I wonder if he might use his Felicia team too.

Good to see Combofiend give credit where credit is due. FlyingVe did a hell of a job developing Nova stuff (and I believe Iron Man stuff in Vanilla - don't quote me on that).

Shoutouts to the training mode monsters who make leveling in this and other fighters easier.

What assists act as overheads? I know of Nova's, are there any others?

Wow, noone took time to answer this? MahvelGAF, I am disappoint, especially since you can count all overhead assists on one hand.

Following assists are overheads:
Nova's Centurion Rush
Iron Fist's Crescent Kick
Viper's Burning Kick
Akuma's Hyakki Goju (sp? It's the demon flip)

http://www.twitch.tv/optionselect <-- Live for those who want to see some nice Marvel play

Just tuned in to see Ryan Hunter's godlike Strange. <3

viper(bk)/thor(smash)/doom(beam) is a really a fun team and potentially a really good team. Doom gives viper access to TK loops which does nice damage and thor gives a much needed ground bounce to extend the combo. I can't remember but I think the damage was about 1.1 mil with 2 meters. 700k meterless. At least thats the numbers I remember. Maybe I'm way off. How is thor in this game? I just can't get into thor enough to learn him and I like storm too much to drop her.

Its pretty sick. Takes you from one end of the screen to the other. Here's the basic premise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=680TtBHnULA&feature=player_embedded

and then meterless solo relaunch via optic blast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV4V49w7rcA&feature=player_embedded

Viper is too much fun.

Dahbomb

Oh man DAT Ryan Hunter Strange combo was godlike.

SoV -> X factor -> Teleport -> Impact Palm loop rape into full character dead.

That's a full screen hit confirm into character kill.

mr. puppy

Banned
i can't play spencer. not b/c i can't play him, but mainly b/c it drives me out of my fucking mind that when he is facing to the right, his left arm is bionic, and when he faces left, his right arm is bionic. nice one capcom aowin;aweifojawef/.

Dahbomb

Anyone with a full screen fast projectile can out zone Ghost Rider.

If Vergil is in DT, he can just do full screen Judgment Cut over and over again and Ghost Rider can't do shit about it.

Zissou

I was thinking of making a troll team with ghost rider. Ghost Rider/low-hitting assist(maybe PW dog assist or Felicia?)/Strider. It would be mad-infuriating for a lot of teams to deal with, I'd imagine. I'd be fucked against certain characters for sure though.

Dahbomb

She Hulk is the longest ranged low hitting assist in the game and works great with Ghost Rider.

You would be free to zoning teams though. Needs a beam on that team.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Good games, Guardian. Not gonna lie, I was excited I landed a normal counter on Morrigan's projectiles.

Hahah, good games, man. I have to admit that was totally clutch... even I was excited. I can't believe I made that comeback with no X-Factor Morrigan. Lot of close matches.

Someone needs to post the Iron Fist rekka cancel vid on his twitter.

LOL.

Glad that Combo showing he researches his chars and gave credit due.

More pros need to do that. They would learn some stupid stuff with several chars.

Dahbomb

OH yeah lol Get Em Missile.

But that requires you to play Phoenix Wright on your team. /trollface

More pros need to do that. They would learn some stupid stuff with several chars.
Agreed. Combofiend researched She Hulk/Spencer/Taskmaster tech too in vanilla.

Clockw0rk researches as well. Justin does it sometimes not always.

I think Justin knows about rekka karas but it's not exactly easy to do in matches. You need to first train your opponent to block particular rekkas and then kara them.

shaowebb

lol-ing at that option select stream's Hulk that's beasting everyone. He killed the guys first two dudes with Hulk and taunts after killing the second...it baits the incoming guy into an attack that gets ate by x-factor cancelled taunt and standing H by Hulk. Troll-tier baiting of his last dude for the kill.

Dis guy...

Zissou

She Hulk is the longest ranged low hitting assist in the game and works great with Ghost Rider.

You would be free to zoning teams though. Needs a beam on that team.

I guess that's why ghost rider won't ever become too prominent- he needs three assists- low-hitting, projectile, and something to cover the top opposite corner of the screen. Which two do you choose?

Dahbomb

Ghost Rider doesn't NEED a low hitting assist. Hidden Missiles basically gives Ghost Rider everything he needs against most characters (covers portion of screen he can't). He can whittle you down rather effectively. As soon as he gets the opponent to block his chain, he can call Hidden Missiles and they have to continue to keep blocking and eat chip until Missiles are gone.

You can easily mix up j.S with cr.H into Chain of Rebuttal. Most people don't see this coming.

Ghost Rider plus Doom plus Phoenix- The new Ideal Dark Phoenix team?

Due to how much meter Rider builds from blocked hits and forces the opponent to rush and try to snap Phoenix in.

I would so laugh if someone makes that team from the past and dominates people with it.

Dahbomb

Ghost Rider plus Doom plus Phoenix- The new Ideal Dark Phoenix team?

Due to how much meter Rider builds from blocked hits and forces the opponent to rush and try to snap Phoenix in.

I would so laugh if someone makes that team from the past and dominates people with it.
This is a solid team. Ghost Rider just needs a good assist on a Phoenix team. You can basically just play Ghost Rider/Assist/Phoenix and switch assists depending on match ups.

When you HAVE to rush down Ghost Rider that's when it's in favor of Ghost Rider. You can't exactly play an extending zoning game when Phoenix is on Ghost Rider's team.

I still think ideal Phoenix team is something like Trish Storm Zero/Morrigan/Phoenix. Morrigan is too good with Phoenix if you can buy enough time.

I basically only expect FChamp to play a Ghost Rider/Phoenix team.

Yeah, that Ghost Rider/Phoenix team needs to be picked up. Looks scary as hell. FORCES you to rushdown and has Doom in the middle if Ghost Rider falls for some good old fashioned FOOT DIVE.

LakeEarth

I know this is old news, but I hate how x-factor colours your character during a mirror match. If you're both in x-factor, you can't even tell who's who. I was white Doom and he was dark red/grey Doom and I couldn't tell the difference.

Solune

smurfx

get some go again
man i had the funniest win on ranked. had this guy down to a pixel left of life and i had haggar. i wanted to go with style and just chip him down with L hoodlum launcher. well he ended up trading shots with haggar and sent him flying across the screen but his character died in the process. it looked really weird but it was worth it. i think i'm going to try and add 10 games to my record when i play ranked. not going to overdue it like i did with my cosmic lord hunt and burn myself out on this game.

smurfx

get some go again
i loved that justin said he is going to go with the characters he likes and not tier whore like many of the top players. i'll be rooting for him always now except when he plays combofiend and marlinpie. although i gotta admit that nova is pretty boring and he makes combos team a little boring now. as much as i hated she hulk i still prefer his old team much more.

Dahbomb

I know he has said IF is low/ass before especially towards week 1 of the game but he has changed his tune a bit with IF. I need to watch his commentary again at BarFights, it seemed like he said that IF has potential and is a threat. I definitely heard him say that if you have never played against a good IF before you are losing for sure.

Tiers have changed based on top level player picks. If Combofiend decides to pick Iron Man today and wins with him playing at the next major you KNOW people will start making the case for him being A tier. It will be like "OMG did you guys see that new IM TECH that Combofiend did.... IM with those godly normals and 1 million 1 meter combo damage!" Hell just after that BarFights performance, you got people on SRK saying "ok guys... after seeing Justin IF is B tier for sure".

Also I am pretty sure people said that Firebrand was garbage week 1 (I think in that Max video where they were all playing). FIREBRAND IS NOT GARBAGE!!!!

smurfx

get some go again
so who here plans on going to SCR? i think i'm going to go so i can experience a major tournament for the 1st time. i'm going to enter but i don't expect to do well but that ain't the reason to go. well i hope i can at least win 1 game and not get 0 wins and get bounced out. :p

Dahbomb

so who here plans on going to SCR? i think i'm going to go so i can experience a major tournament for the 1st time. i'm going to enter but i don't expect to do well but that ain't the reason to go. well i hope i can at least win 1 game and not get 0 wins and get bounced out. :p
What team will you be using?

You should go for sure... we will root for if you make it on stream!

smurfx

get some go again
What team will you be using?

You should go for sure... we will root for if you make it on stream!
zero/task/haggar

its old my old vanilla team. i played around with hawkeye but right now i just want to focus on my old team and try and get my old timing back and learn how to punish the new characters with this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom