• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecco

I have a decent collection thats not being stored properly right now. Whats the best place to aquire bags/boards and not too expensive?

context pls

My previous post. I'm catching up on fighting game news, and I see that he posted on article on SRK, dated yesterday, saying there will be a showmatch "today." Logically, that would mean the event already took place, but I'm assuming that's not the case. Stating that the event will take place "today at 12 am" just makes it even more ambiguous. How about putting an actual date in the article, idiot?

Also, it doesn't look like anyone proofread the player bios. Spelling, who needs it?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So here's a preview from Machinima of the H&H mode coming next week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ663-6rstE

Looks like there is an offline mode after all but just against the CPU, I couldn't watch the video entirely because I had to leave so here it is guys, a peek at the new mode.
Wow, that's pretty awesome they included a guide in the game. Should've been there for the base game too.

WTF Random select gave him two Thanos cards in a single deck! Pre-release we were told you couldn't do that.. guess you can if you have multiples? One dude has it set to 3 Anakaris' in the vid too.

Offline campaign mode looks pretty cool.

OMG TELEPORT AIRDASH + HULK OR RYU IS GODLIKE.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Capcom Unity blog said you can train with card setups.
Video preview didn't detail it, but I wonder if it's integrated right into the default training mode (doubtful) or is separate. If in default mode, theres more of a chance of people being able to give 2P control and create a ghetto versus mode.

Video preview didn't detail it, but I wonder if it's integrated right into the default training mode (doubtful) or is separate. If in default mode, theres more of a chance of people being able to give 2P control and create a ghetto versus mode.

Would be a pain in the ass to use (considering they could have just put in H&H versus) but it'd work, I guess.

JeTmAn81

I've been hyped for teleporting heavy characters in H&H, but is there an actual teleport card? And if so, what are the properties? I went through the list of cards but didn't notice anything that does this.

I was browsing the SRK forums a bit and a notice popped up for the Hsien-Ko boards. Apparently her launcher is -3 on block which makes it much harder to punish than before(-12). I never noticed this and it is a cool little buff.

It doesn't fix her or anything, but I figured I'd just share it since I chanced upon it.
and you were one of my favorite mahvel ogs :(
I'm just messing around lol. :p
I've been hyped for teleporting heavy characters in H&H, but is there an actual teleport card? And if so, what are the properties? I went through the list of cards but didn't notice anything that does this.
The Nightcrawler one HAS to be a teleport card.
Wow, that's pretty awesome they included a guide in the game. Should've been there for the base game too.

WTF Random select gave him two Thanos cards in a single deck! Pre-release we were told you couldn't do that.. guess you can if you have multiples? One dude has it set to 3 Anakaris' in the vid too.

Offline campaign mode looks pretty cool.

OMG TELEPORT AIRDASH + HULK OR RYU IS GODLIKE.
What does the Anakaris card do? Take away pushblock?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What does the Anakaris card do? Take away pushblock?
Primary: Increases the duration of flight time. [Lv. 1] + Increases the number of jumps you can perform. [Lv. 2]
Secondary: Increases the duration of flight time. [Lv. 1] + Increases the number of jumps you can perform. [Lv. 1]

Not sure if it's necessary, but if you want to make an aerial monster of a character, perhaps.

Frantic

Look at the video and pause it at 2:07. From the picture and description, it's integrated into the default training mode, which means 2p should work. It'll be a hassle for local play, but the option is there(even if it is needlessly obtuse).

Dahbomb

As much as I am OMEGA hyped for H&H... lack of offline versus mode is an immediate hype killer. So much potential in this in side tournaments and general tom foolery. It would've been a great experience with the casuals.

The cards aren't as broken as I thought they would be which is good because it means that they didn't just throw stuff in without thinking about it. Lots of cards have both pros and cons. My theory fighter dick is ROCK HARD right now as I am perusing through the ability list. I really think that Capcom could've easily made this like SF x Tekken and balanced the game around H&H. Oh well... I guess it's better off this way.

I guess Pringles edition for replay mode, Megaman and offline VS H&H.
And a top tier Iron Man.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, Ghost Rider's "Your mother belongs in Hell. You'll be joining her soon" win quote is definitely bugged. I keep getting it no matter who I fight, even though it's obviously meant only for Doctor Doom. It's actually pretty hilarious to see Ghost Rider tell everyone in the cast that their mother belongs in Hell. :lol

headed out to SCR right now, Me, XsK Samurai, Cynistar, Xray, MINE, SnakeDux, Quicksilver, DV8.....gonna go do work!

cheer us on!!!

if you're there come say whats up to us!!!!!

Peace!!!

-EC

Dahbomb

Ok nevermind what I said about there being no broken/godlike cards.

There are some fucking broken ass cards in here lol. The Fantastic Four card is essentially a built in combo breaker in the game. This is the card that is going to make Phoenix Wright "viable" in H&H mode.

Dartastic

Ok nevermind what I said about there being no broken/godlike cards.

There are some fucking broken ass cards in here lol. The Fantastic Four card is essentially a built in combo breaker in the game. This is the card that is going to make Phoenix Wright "viable" in H&H mode.
I can't wait.

zon

Okay, Ghost Rider's "Your mother belongs in Hell. You'll be joining her soon" win quote is definitely bugged. I keep getting it no matter who I fight, even though it's obviously meant only for Doctor Doom. It's actually pretty hilarious to see Ghost Rider tell everyone in the cast that their mother belongs in Hell. :lol

That's just how he rolls.

Dahbomb

TOP TIER CARDS AS OF NOW (these cards will be fucking abused):

BLODIA - Primary: Gain super armor while performing a dash. [Lv. 1] (uses HC Gauge upon hit) Become invincible to projectile attacks while dashing.

*Pretty much makes any rushdown character god at rushing down while being a tank. Characters with fast dashes like Iron Fist are going to rape with this.

DEVILOT Primary: Assist attacks gain super armor. [Lv. 3] (uses HC Gauge upon hit)

*Makes many assists top tier instantly. Stuff like Iron Fist's Rising Fang and Akuma Tatsu will beat out a ton of shit.

KENJI Primary: Enables blocking during an air dash. Increases dash speed.

*Why hello there VANILLA IRON MAN and MAGNETO!!!! This combined with the Megaman card which gives you air dash and double on secondary position will basically give you buffed as fucked Iron Man.

SERVBOT Primary: Enables auto-blocking. Take chip damage more easily. [Lv. 2]

*Card that makes you immune to mix ups apparently... yeah of course this shit is godlike. The MarlinPie card essentially. Against zoning it's not that good due to increased chip.

HUNK Primary: Gain a fixed amount of HC Gauge upon performing a parry. [Lv. 1] + Gain the ability to parry. [Lv. 2]

*Depends on properties of Parry but this is looking sweet as fuck right now.

ASTAROTH (Ghosts 'n Goblins, 1985) Primary: When your last character is defeated: Your character will return to full health at the cost of 3 HC Gauge bars (one time only). Increased attack power. [Lv. 2]

*Combine this with the numerous "last character" cards and you basically have a top tier anchor character.

GRANDMASTER (Strider, 1989) = Primary: When 3 or more bars of HC Gauge are stored and while on the ground Vitality refills automatically [Lv. 3] + HC Gauge refills automatically. [Lv. 2]

*Ultimate turtling card. Characters like Dormammu are going to FEED on this card like crazy.

FRANZISKA VON KARMA (Justice for All, 2006) = Primary: Attack strength increases as vitality decreases [Lv 3] + Increases duration of X-Factor [Lv 1]

*Yet another "comeback" or anchor card. Pair this up with Dark Wesker for profit.

MYRIA (Breath of Fire, 1993) Secondary: When you are losing: Automatically recover vitality. [Lv. 2] + Assist characters automatically recover vitality. [Lv. 1]

*This is a card with a really powerful secondary ability.

DEMITRI MAXIMOFF (Darkstalkers, 1994) *Primary: Become temporarily invisible upon performing a Snap Back. Reduce your opponent's HC Gauge. [Lv. 1]

*Godlike for mix up characters. Not even just that but finish every combo with Snap back for basically a guaranteed reset set up. Another ultimate Phoenix counter card on top of it reducing bar of opponent.

X (Mega Man X, 1994) Secondary: Enable air dashing. Increase the number of jumps you can perform. [Lv.1 ]

*Great secondary ability card. Double jump + air dash is just too good to pass up on a secondary.

DR WILY (Mega Man, 1987) Primary: Attack power increases proportionally to the amount of HC Gauge stored. [Lv. 3]

*Absurd for Phoenix teams. Since they will have 5 meters on deck for a majority of the game, they essentially will have access to meterless TODs with this card. Combine this with cards that either increase your meter gain or start you off with more meter at start of round.

CYCLOPS : Primary: Increases attack power. [Lv. 2] + All attacks cause chip damage.
Secondary: All attacks cause chip damage.

*WHY HELLO THERE MVC2 SENTINEL!!! This is going to be stupid on Zero and Ghost Rider.

LUKE: Primary: Increases vitality. [Lv. 2] + Enables auto-blocking when you have 2 bars or less of HC Gauge.

Another auto blocking card so that you are immune to mix ups. YAY!

ICEMAN : Primary: Become temporarily invincible to shot attacks upon successfully performing an Advancing Guard.
Secondary: Increased resistance to chip damage from attacks. [Lv. 2]

*Yo Iceman why you so godlike? Projectile invulnerability after a simple AG?

MS MARVEL : Primary: Reflect damage received from attacks. [Lv. 3]

Depends on how much damage is reflected and how this works but this could be insanely powerful on "tank" builds.

MANDARIN : Primary: Increases the amount of HC Gauge stored at the start of the match. [Lv. 2] + Your opponent will be forced to activate X-Factor as well when you activate it.

Being able to take out X factor from the equation is extremely powerful no matter how you dice it. Activate it at start of the game and then start chip game.

FIN FANG FOOM : Primary: You can activate X-Factor an unlimited number of times at the cost of HC Gauge, however you will no longer be able to use Hyper Combos.

Pretty much stupid on someone who can kill in X factor without using meter. Hello again Dark Wesker!

DESTROYER : Secondary: Temporarily increase attack power upon performing a parry. [Lv. 1] + Enables parrying. [Lv. 1]

GREAT secondary ability!

FANTASTIC FOUR : Secondary: Gain the ability to call assists even when you are taking damage at the cost of HC Gauge.

FUCKIN COMBO BREAKERS IN MY MARVEL!!!! This is going to be fucking cheap as shit. This card single handedly makes Phoenix Wright viable. And it's a secondary ability to boot!

THANOS : Primary: Gain the ability to parry. [Lv. MAX] + Gain a temporary increase in attack power upon performing a parry. [Lv. 2]
Secondary: Gain a fixed amount of HC Gauge upon successfully performing an Advancing Guard. [Lv. MAX]

MUTHA FUCKING S TIER THANOS!!!!!

There is going to be some BROKEN ASS SHIT in H&H! Although some cards are extremely garbage like the ones that require snap back for activate or crossover counter. There are also a ton of card that either enable Dark Phoenix play or just straight up hard counter it.

There are more powerful cards in there that will become more powerful when stacked or used with other combination of cards and characters. Some cards counter other cards rather effectively.

ReiGun

All the H&H cards with my faves are like C rank. :( Well, except the Megaman cards and that gdlk Fantastic Four. Those are cool. (I get meter just for crouching? <3 you Roll)

Road

I'm not sure some of the card effects have correctly been translated:

LADY (Devil May Cry 3, 2005)
Primary: The length of instant attacks will be increased [Lv 2] + Priority of shot attacks will be strengthened
Secondary: The length of instant attacks will be increased [Lv 1]

"Instant attacks"? I'm thinking traps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom