• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frantic

I'm honestly looking at Beast(Primary: Increases the duration of power-up Hyper Combos. [Lv. 2]) for someone like Vergil. Devil Trigger will definitely get a duration increase, but I wonder if his Spiral Swords will too? Godlike if so. Either way, Dante and Vergil with longer Devil Triggers is awesome by itself.

Also, Strider with Cylcops = return of MvC2 Strider? :p

Dahbomb

Mandarin + Cyclops means Vergil is going to be automatically God tier.

Start off round with 3 bars and force their X factor activation. Chip them with Spiral Swords + Cyclops.

This will require them to pick the "reduced chip" card to have a chance or they are fucked. The 3rd card I would add would be some card that increases meter gain in some way to make sure the Spiral sword rape continues.

Primary: Increases the duration of flight time. [Lv. 1] + Increases the number of jumps you can perform. [Lv. 2]
Secondary: Increases the duration of flight time. [Lv. 1] + Increases the number of jumps you can perform. [Lv. 1]

Not sure if it's necessary, but if you want to make an aerial monster of a character, perhaps.
Isn't that the Nina card?
Nightcrawler makes your dash LOOK like a teleport. As in, the dash active frames you are invisible
Only invisible? Sounds like bootleg Hsien-Ko.
I'm guessing it's another slow night.
This is the calm before the storm.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Nils is posting in his sleep.

I will make things happen.

Beef vs Degen. First to Ten. Winner becomes mod on stream.

Ugh Kadey's post just reminded me of that 46 game marathon that me and frantic ran once. I'm pissed that I had to lose interest in Mahvel after Capcom gets off their lazy asses and adds spectator.

Also, I was too free to people on the PS3 and I wanted to show my mettle real bad...

Call him out. He's lurking somewhere.

A community cannot thrive with stream and thread monsters alone.

I've mentioned on more than one occasion that he's free to step up and challenge me. The ball is in his court, but knowing his record he'd probably drop it.

Ah, speak of the devil.

zlatko

Banned
Fou Lu

Cyclops

Multiple Man

Ms. Marvel.

Fou will be my primary. BoF <3 Swag. Pumped for H and H. Dat Fou Lu card is imba as shit though. xD

Ken

Started trying to learn the IM KrispyKreme combo. I'm sure it's going to take at least a week before I get half the combo down.

Dahbomb

Heads up, the SRK UMVC3 Showmatch tournament should be starting within an hour.

If my time zones are correct.

Started trying to learn the IM KrispyKreme combo. I'm sure it's going to take at least a week before I get half the combo down.
This version of the KK combo is easier:

cr.L, cr.M, St.H, Fly, j.M, j.M , j. up + H, j.S, j.M, j.M, d+H, S, cr.M S j.M j.M j.H j.d+H j.S Smart Bombs Proton Cannon

basically the j.M link after the fly is the only "hard" part in the combo. The original KK combo has an unfly part which is probably the most difficult part in the combo. This particular combo negates the need to do the unfly part.

everybody in the lobby is 1-1 right now; how awesome is that

No GAF Stream today?

SUPER EDIT:
5W64w.jpg

WE ALMOST IN THERE. I JUST PICKED IT UP.
gonna go get my PS3 fixed from that YLoD tomorrow, and we back son.

Giard

I am so going to use Fin Fang Foom with Arthur.

Really stupid that the offline mode sucks for H&H. Is there a way to play in lobbies and versus mode online with it? Or is it just that weekly campaign thing?

Dahbomb

Are we using this thread to chat during the matches? I didn't see a diff. thread.
I hope these matches are as swag as Barfights was.
Yes we will be using this thread.

I don't think this will be as swag as Bar Fights although you never know with Marvel. Bar Fights had the element of ego/hype/grudge going in there plus it was FT5. This event is going to be 3/5 like last time and single elimination.

More hype is expected for SCR though which is basically tomorrow. And then right after that the Marvel patch and H&H so lots of Marvel stuff up coming in the next few days.

Yes we will be using this thread.

I don't think this will be as swag as Bar Fights although you never know with Marvel. Bar Fights had the element of ego/hype/grudge going in there plus it was FT5. This event is going to be 3/5 like last time and single elimination.

More hype is expected for SCR though which is basically tomorrow. And then right after that the Marvel patch and H&H so lots of Marvel stuff up coming in the next few days.

FT5 is HUGE for increasing hype levels. I guess it's impractical to run tournament brackets with that many matches though.

Dahbomb

FT5 is great when it's 2 top/known players playing. When it's two low level players or high vs low level the set just takes forever to finish. High vs low is just a blow out without much hype.

That's why exhibitions are FT5 and it's between high level players. There should be more exhibition matches at tourneys. I would be so hyped for a Combo vs ChrisG exhibition match... should be FT9 minimum.

Exhibition matches are also way more hype when pride/ego/money is on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom